Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

magnaflow problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default magnaflow problems?

has anyone had any problems with there magnaflow catbacks on your ls1 cars?

i had my 98z up in the air the other day and i found a hole that i could stick my finger straight into. it was just before the hanger on the over the axle pipe. i didnt think that kid of thing would happen to this but than again i dont know how old the system is either.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never heard of it but they do have a lifetime warranty, its stainless steel right?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the only thing thats a pain in the *** is getting the exhaust to be perfectly spaced even under the car!!! im like a perfectionest and i look at it everyday! lol ya i love my magnaflow though! cant wait for my Long tubes and ORY!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

does it look like a puntcure hole or what?? magnaflow is completely stainless steel and should be rusting!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Launching!

no its not a puncture. it looks like it rotted out the one spot. as far as i know its stainless but i dont have a warranty on it because i didnt purchase it. it was on the car when i got it.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by emolineaux
has anyone had any problems with there magnaflow catbacks on your ls1 cars?

i had my 98z up in the air the other day and i found a hole that i could stick my finger straight into. it was just before the hanger on the over the axle pipe. i didnt think that kid of thing would happen to this but than again i dont know how old the system is either.
i have one on my 02 z28 and i had no problems at all.. sounded really nice and wasnt to loud.. im probably going to sell it though due to the fact it wont work with the new header and y pipe im running now
Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by emolineaux
no its not a puncture. it looks like it rotted out the one spot. as far as i know its stainless but i dont have a warranty on it because i didnt purchase it. it was on the car when i got it.
even if u dont have proof of purchase call and complain.. i would think with a company as big as them they would do something.. stainless steel should NOT RUST!!!! thats where u have them.. take pictures and email them to the company and see if they reply...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Launching!

i might try that but im probably going to just sell it as is because i ordered an slp lm exhaust the other day.