Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y Pipe Options For Pace Setters

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Y Pipe Options For Pace Setters

I Have Done The Searching For About A Month, Havent Come Up With To Many Difinitive Answers As Far As A Y-pipe Setup That Is Liked With The Pace Setter Long Tubes. I Want To Go With The Flowmaster Merge And Such But Not Sure Exactly What I Need To Buy. The Texas Speed Ory Is Also An Option.

1. First Of All I Have A 3" Magnaflow Catback, And I Need To Know Which Merge Will Fit This Or How I Can Make The Merge Fit.

2. Second I Would Like To Know How You Attache The Collector On The Headers To The Pipe And What Size Pipe Should Be Used With Whichever Merge I Need To Hook Into My Magnaflow.

Any Help.......greatly Appreciated.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

The TSP ory pipe is good but ground clearance isnt that great. I just went with the pacesetter ory pipe for better ground clearance and I plan on welding in the flowmaster merge collector soon.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If i go with the flowmaster merge, i am going to have an exhaust shop custom make the y, otherwise i will buy a store bought y but im not sure which one
Old 09-05-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Well, youre gonna have a hard time finding a store bought y pipe with a merge as good as the flowmaster. Im not sure which one, but I think one of the higher dollar header companies has a y pipe with a true merge. It might be QTP or Kooks. Either way, youre gonna pay. I would find a good shop and have one custom made. That will ensure proper fitment and great clearance. It will most likely be less costly too.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Those revised LPP stainless headers come with a great looking ory. U ought 2 check out pictures of the merge posted in one of these recent threads. Good prices 2!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DOesn't the MUFFLEX Ypipe fit the pacesetter headers? It has the flowmaster merge. It's designed to fit hookers, but fwir it will fit pacesetters as well?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

The Flowmaster merge custom Y-pipe set up will be your best setup. If you're looking for a quick fix get a Pacesetter, Hooker or TSP, Etc Y
Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deelong4002
I Have Done The Searching For About A Month, Havent Come Up With To Many Difinitive Answers As Far As A Y-pipe Setup That Is Liked With The Pace Setter Long Tubes. I Want To Go With The Flowmaster Merge And Such But Not Sure Exactly What I Need To Buy. The Texas Speed Ory Is Also An Option.

1. First Of All I Have A 3" Magnaflow Catback, And I Need To Know Which Merge Will Fit This Or How I Can Make The Merge Fit.

2. Second I Would Like To Know How You Attache The Collector On The Headers To The Pipe And What Size Pipe Should Be Used With Whichever Merge I Need To Hook Into My Magnaflow.

Any Help.......greatly Appreciated.
1 = You can use either the dual 3" in to single 4" out OR the dual 3" in to single 3.5" out... both will work... i am getting the dual 3" in, single 3.5" out installed today. After that you will need a reducer down from either 4" or 3.5" (depending what you pick) to 3" so that you can connect to your magnaflow cat-back.

2 = From the headers you will need a 3 inch pipe, as the pacesetters are 3" and the entrance on each side of the flowmaster merge is 3" as well.

I suggest getting a custom made y-pipe w/ the flowmaster merge made right off the bat...

oh and i forgot to ask... aint it a bitch to cap every letter of every word like that? It Would Drive Me Nuts To Stop And Press Shift To Cap Each Letter. Really slows down my typing...
Old 09-06-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by udienow
1 = You can use either the dual 3" in to single 4" out OR the dual 3" in to single 3.5" out... both will work... i am getting the dual 3" in, single 3.5" out installed today. After that you will need a reducer down from either 4" or 3.5" (depending what you pick) to 3" so that you can connect to your magnaflow cat-back.

2 = From the headers you will need a 3 inch pipe, as the pacesetters are 3" and the entrance on each side of the flowmaster merge is 3" as well.

I suggest getting a custom made y-pipe w/ the flowmaster merge made right off the bat...

oh and i forgot to ask... aint it a bitch to cap every letter of every word like that? It Would Drive Me Nuts To Stop And Press Shift To Cap Each Letter. Really slows down my typing...
That's what happens when you type in caps lock on here. I am a CAD Engineer, my caps lock key rarely comes off at work.