Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polluter Cam Questions!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polluter Cam Questions!?

Car is going to be cam only + boltons. Soon switching to t-56 from A4. I love top end power and can live with less low end. What has everyone heard about the polluter cam from tick? I saw their dyno graph for their cam only car and it was impressive!

has anyone tried this cam and has anything positive or negative to say about it?
thanks for the help!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is 100% personal opinion.. i would choose the ms4 over the polluter or trex... the main reason is easier to tune and more driveable..
Old 06-10-2009, 03:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, i heard te ms4 and TRex require flycutting though?
Old 06-10-2009, 03:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dougsbluels1
thanks, i heard te ms4 and TRex require flycutting though?
depends on the heads..

stock valve sizes clear..
Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the polluter going in my Z06 as we speak. I've talked to the guys a Tick several times. The duration is fairly high but the lift is pretty moderate. The MS4 is a completely different cam than the Polluter or Trex. The Polluter actually has more PTV clearance than the T-rex. Tick suggest gears for F-body's. Since I'm significantly lighter than an F-body, I will be able to get away with using this cam without gears. Any of the higher profile higher duration cams also come down to how experienced and knowledgeable your tuner is. Along with these cams, would be beneficial to get a set of heads. Your stock LS1 heads are not going to do the job. I would at least get some ported LS6 heads. Give Joey at Tick a call. I'm a little biased but I say go for it...
Old 06-10-2009, 04:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
I have the polluter going in my Z06 as we speak. I've talked to the guys a Tick several times. The duration is fairly high but the lift is pretty moderate. The MS4 is a completely different cam than the Polluter or Trex. The Polluter actually has more PTV clearance than the T-rex. Tick suggest gears for F-body's. Since I'm significantly lighter than an F-body, I will be able to get away with using this cam without gears. Any of the higher profile higher duration cams also come down to how experienced and knowledgeable your tuner is. Along with these cams, would be beneficial to get a set of heads. Your stock LS1 heads are not going to do the job. I would at least get some ported LS6 heads. Give Joey at Tick a call. I'm a little biased but I say go for it...
caleb is right on the money...

any of those cams will need ported heads/FAST or better intake/low gears/full exhaust/big converter to compliment them..

i honestly dont know a ton about that cam, and one reason i dont recommend it.. i absolutely love my ms4.. and i still think you should have went with it caleb..
Old 06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Launching!

I have the polluter in my car and I like it, it pulls like a mf'er from about 2900 rpm's & up.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

What are the specs on the Polluter? I am going with a large custom cam though, but had the Polluter on list of cams I want.

Quick Reply: Polluter Cam Questions!?