Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp Cams short travel race hydraulic lifters???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Comp Cams short travel race hydraulic lifters???

Anybody use these yet? My engine builder wants me to use them. The cam I have is also a new lobe from Comp that's even more aggressive than the XE-R lobes and Comp also recommends these new lifters.

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...Category_Code=
Old 01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump this up im curious i can get these at a pretty good price are they as good as the morels?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
bump this up im curious i can get these at a pretty good price are they as good as the morels?
Unless they are made using hardened tool steel no they are not. The travel is not what collapses a lifter.

If you want a Morel then get a Morel. I just had them build a set for a customer with the HTL feature (limited travel). Morel also offers what is called the ultimate lifter. It has thicker body walls ( still a drop in) for sustained high rpms. When you combine this with the HTL feature its the best you can do in a hydraulic setup. ( not that I would recommend it but you can run certain solid roller lobes with it)

If I can help you let me know, we have Morels in stock all the time and it's the only lifter we recommend for use in our precision racing engines.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

I thought about getting those myself, but I thought the website said you need adjustable rockers.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jkkaz
I thought about getting those myself, but I thought the website said you need adjustable rockers.
yes i asked around and was told you do need adjustable rockers. i went ahead and bought the morels today.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well crap. I already got them and my engine guy talked me into the trunion rebuild kit from Comp for the rockers. So either he doesn't know wtf or I don't need adjustable rockers. I guess I get to spend some time on hold with Comp to figure this out.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

I think they also make a hi-performance lifter that is about the same money
Old 01-19-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

My engine builder says they are fine with my stock rockers.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
If you want a Morel then get a Morel. I just had them build a set for a customer with the HTL feature (limited travel). Morel also offers what is called the ultimate lifter. It has thicker body walls ( still a drop in) for sustained high rpms. When you combine this with the HTL feature its the best you can do in a hydraulic setup. ( not that I would recommend it but you can run certain solid roller lobes with it)

If I can help you let me know, we have Morels in stock all the time and it's the only lifter we recommend for use in our precision racing engines.
Just curious... How much are the Morel's w/ the HTL feature and thicker body walls? Do they require adjustable rockers as well or any other changes in parts?

Quick Reply: Comp Cams short travel race hydraulic lifters???