Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meziere Electric Water Pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meziere Electric Water Pump

I have had this electric water pump on the car for a while, and just recently I think it started making noise. If I turn the key but don't start the car I can hear it. What is causing this problem, and how do I fix it?
Nick
Old 07-10-2009, 01:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mine too. No sign's of heat issues either.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lazylongboarder
Mine too. No sign's of heat issues either.
My car doesn't overheat at all either. If I didn't have the cam, headers, and loud *** exhaust, it might be borderline embarrassing
Old 07-10-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002ssls1
My car doesn't overheat at all either. If I didn't have the cam, headers, and loud *** exhaust, it might be borderline embarrassing
Really? Wow, mine isn't that loud. Mine makes a slight whine but i only drive my car once a week. I'm running a remote mount with two inputs and one out. Just wrapped it with header wrap just in case.

I'd call meziere, even though i doubt they'll do anything about it, they might have a rebuild service to replace the bushings/bearings in the pump.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is the main reason I never went with this pump (or any other electric). They seem to fail more often then the stock unit and the hp gain is marginal. If it goes on a trip you have even bigger issues.

Contact Meziere, they have a rebuild service from what I have read.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Well, I just got off the phone with Dave over at Meziere and he said that the pump comes with a2 year full warranty. All I have to do is ship it to them and they will fix it at no charge. If its out of warranty, he said it could be upwards of $200-$250 bucks to repair. I am going to look for my receipt and see whan I bought it, hopefully not more than 2 years ago.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

That's a pretty decent warrenty for a a electric motor. Kind of makes me want one.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002ssls1
I have had this electric water pump on the car for a while, and just recently I think it started making noise. If I turn the key but don't start the car I can hear it. What is causing this problem, and how do I fix it?
Nick
Nick, I am not sure if you are having a problem or not. When I turn my key to the on position the pump starts, period. Thats what it is supposed to do. That way you can shut your motor off at the track and if you have a good strong battery just let the pump cool the motor down between runs. It works better then just shutting her off and raising the hood. My pump has made the same noise since it was put on back in 2006 (Just over 3 years old)

No Issues at all. Just keep an eye on your coolant temp and if you started seeing higher temps then usual under normal driving then you may want to make that call to Meziere and ask for there advice.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Nick, I am not sure if you are having a problem or not. When I turn my key to the on position the pump starts, period. Thats what it is supposed to do. That way you can shut your motor off at the track and if you have a good strong battery just let the pump cool the motor down between runs. It works better then just shutting her off and raising the hood. My pump has made the same noise since it was put on back in 2006 (Just over 3 years old)

No Issues at all. Just keep an eye on your coolant temp and if you started seeing higher temps then usual under normal driving then you may want to make that call to Meziere and ask for there advice.

Hope this helps.
I talked to Dave over meziere and he said it should be whisper quiet. I am just gonna have it pulled and ship it to them I found the receipt online, and It's still within the 2 year warranty period, so I'm good. Just sucks because I use the car quite often. I will just have to deal with it to get it fixed.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thats cool that you are able to take advantage of the warranty claim. Hopefully they refurb it for you. I just have a feeling that you were getting nervous about your warranty running out vs a real problem with your pump. Don't get an attitude from my comment, because I too was going to send my EWP back to have them check it over under warranty but the thing works so well and consistently that it just wouldn't have been worth it to ship and be without the car. I like my EWP so much that I'll buy another one in the event that it fails.

You never did answer if the water temp is different then usual? My temp stays very consistent. However now that I have the 402 and make a ton more power the ewp is showing that it can't hold the heat at a steady 169 or less anymore without air flowing over the radiator. Temps crreep up like with a standard pump, but usually hover in the 165 - 169 range unless stuck in traffic on a hot day and/or if I am geting on it. Temps always return to normal quickly too. The fan settings also help. They come on early so the pump doesn't get overworked on a very hot day. Highest water temp I have seen is 190 so far. Pretty good. That was in Georgia 100* heat after running around town and jumping on the highway. Meziere EWP definately worth the investment for me. Better gas mileage, and few more rwhp.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thats cool that you are able to take advantage of the warranty claim. Hopefully they refurb it for you. I just have a feeling that you were getting nervous about your warranty running out vs a real problem with your pump. Don't get an attitude from my comment, because I too was going to send my EWP back to have them check it over under warranty but the thing works so well and consistently that it just wouldn't have been worth it to ship and be without the car. I like my EWP so much that I'll buy another one in the event that it fails.

You never did answer if the water temp is different then usual? My temp stays very consistent. However now that I have the 402 and make a ton more power the ewp is showing that it can't hold the heat at a steady 169 or less anymore without air flowing over the radiator. Temps crreep up like with a standard pump, but usually hover in the 165 - 169 range unless stuck in traffic on a hot day and/or if I am geting on it. Temps always return to normal quickly too. The fan settings also help. They come on early so the pump doesn't get overworked on a very hot day. Highest water temp I have seen is 190 so far. Pretty good. That was in Georgia 100* heat after running around town and jumping on the highway. Meziere EWP definately worth the investment for me. Better gas mileage, and few more rwhp.
I had no idea about the warranty until I called meziere to find out what the noise was. When I asked if it could be fixed, dave said that it had a 2 year warranty on it. It woudl take more than that for me to get an attitude, lol. It's no big deal. It's nice that they have that long of a warranty on their product though. They are very helpful on the phone too.

I have a stock thermostat in the ewp, my temp is in the 200 degree range, normally a bit higher when the ac is on. I might have that changed when it is getting put back in after the bearing is fixed.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a 160 stat in mine and I run 165 - 169. It does go up when I come off the Eway and start city driving. Oh well that's what the fans are for to assist with cooling the motor.

I'd suggest you put a 180 or even a 160 stat in there and have your fans on/off temps edited.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

With a 180* stat in my EWP I normally see about 185* when driving...sometimes 195 sitting in traffic. I would not hesitate putting in a 180 stat!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Sounds like I will have that changed at the same time. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Staging Lane

unless its a race only vehicle i always prefer a crank driven waterpump.. not to knock the elcectric ones i just prefer it.. peace of mind i guess..
Old 07-13-2009, 06:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Detoit to Dallas a few times, Dallas to Detroit a few times, Detroit to Atlanta, and Atlanta to Detroit. Pretty good qualifying statement that the Meziere EWP is a good long lasting pump that is reliable on the road. 3 years and counting so far. My ewp has been able to keep up with the cooling demands of each phase of my 346 and now is being reused on my 402 that makes pretty sick N/A power. If I go FI, I plan to re use it with that application as well after I talk to someone at MEZIERE. Kist want to make sure.

Quick Reply: Meziere Electric Water Pump