noob type question.... flycuts and CR

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob type question.... flycuts and CR

Installed stage 1.0 PRC LS6 heads.
T-rex cam
had to flycut for clearance, .110 on intake .08 on exhaust.

i simulated the cuts into plastacine @ home and cam up with less than 1.5 CC's (make sense? )

checked PTVC everythings good that way. when i tried to turn the engine over by hand when the new heads were on it seemed hard as hell to turn (from compression not interference) car runs and drives fine. breaks the 315 drag radials loose past 4000 rpm( didnt do that cam only).

my only concern is if i had lost significant CR points. and also if anyone knows the approx cylinder pressure with the t-rex cam? im assuming because of the low LSA it increases the cylinder pressure.

essentially what i am asking is, does camshaft duration and LSA have an effect on CR ?

the car had a tune for when it was cam only, the only thing i changed was the heads. its going in for a "touch up" to the tune soon. handheld diablosport tuner's engine diagnositics display indicates its pulling fuel out of the fuel trims.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CR only has to do with bore x stroke over combustion chamber in the heads... how would a cam have any change on that?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
CR only has to do with bore x stroke over combustion chamber in the heads... how would a cam have any change on that?
the cam does not affect static compression but it does affect dynamic compression...i.e. the valve events...

just think if the intake valve never closes how much compression can an engine have...

the later the ivc is the lower the dcr is...

as for the flycuts I made .110 for both the intake and exhaust...cced them and got around 1.1cc for both together...

1cc is around .09 cr for a 346