Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't title a thread properly because I'm drunk

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't title a thread properly because I'm drunk

had my 99 Silverado 1500 5.3-- k ya standard, all your basic bolt-ons have been done, crappy Fabtech 6 inch, 285/75/16's, Deaver rear springs. Rebuilt the 4L60E pos tranny w/ shiftkit, Hypertech programmer, intake exhaust, plugs MAGwires etc. My baby is about the hit 270k,but i will never sell her...ever. blah blah, ok the knock sensors are going out, in fact they're, low voltage code, and yes it happened after i decreased the motor, after my complete front end rebuld, moving on... i need acdelco parts, lots of people selling ish out there "OEM" im only planing on changing these only once, any commendations you guys got time to give me, or have just wasted my time and looking like a DB on the wrong forum, and ya f the dealers, lookin for a place online, been to most already, and ya i know how to search thanks guys..

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 05-20-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea check this link out first!

http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Essent.../dp/1413000002
Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Win
Old 05-01-2011, 03:23 AM

woah...haha!!, wow you got me!!! well...i guess i should have right clicked on all those squiggly red lines before i posted, didn't know you guys were running a fkn spelling/grammar/bench racer forum. I was simply trying to ask a question and you come back with that B.S.?!?! Obviously you don't know **** about anything. Misspellings and poor grammar aside, I gave the facts. You are a douche for taking the time to post that (although funny) and thanks for making it clear that you're the official LS1 spelling and grammar police. Next time ill proof read, *******
Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no its just hard for anybody to have any idea what you are talking about when you use bad grammar and spelling
my head hurts from reading your post and idk wtf your getting at?
Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
my head hurts from reading your post and idk wtf your getting at?
X2
Old 05-01-2011, 03:55 AM

LoL, what im getting at is that i have to rip the entire top of my motor apart, to get at 2 stupid little $45 parts, and it pisses me off
Old 05-01-2011, 04:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your post was quite difficult to read. If you are asking people for help, at least have the courtesy to make it easier for them to understand what it is you are asking. Swearing is a great way to just **** people off. The link to amazon while a little mean and funny was still called for.

That being said the intake and valley cover does not constitute the entire top of the engine. It's a 2-3 hr job tops if you don't really know what you are doing. The "OEM" sensors from the napa type stores are just fine. While you are at it get new intake manifold and valley cover gaskets.

Also the wire clips will most likely break in your attempt to take them off. The plastic ages quite rapidly in the heart of the engine. Buy two pig tails as well.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you talking about the knock senors you dont have to pull the entire top of the motor apart just the intake, if you want good gm parts take a look at gmpartsdirect.com shipping kinda takes a while, but there good parts at a good price
Old 05-01-2011, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Exidous
Your post was quite difficult to read. If you are asking people for help, at least have the courtesy to make it easier for them to understand what it is you are asking. Swearing is a great way to just **** people off. The link to amazon while a little mean and funny was still called for.
Alright i apologize for not being sober for my first post.

Ok... I didn't literally mean the entire top end. I don't plan on taking the valley cover off, i don't see a need to other than "while the intake is off, why not?" right? Who knows what it looks like under there, the truck has many miles and working on old "stuff" sucks, you have to take your time and be prepared because "stuff" breaks.

Thanks for the heads up on the harness, i will be replacing that as well for this reason. Its all the other bolts, clips and wires etc. im worried about just getting to the sensors, its a pain in the "butt" job for an S.E.S. light.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:17 AM

the code cleared itself, lol
Old 05-20-2011, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by CrAzYLoCaL
Alright i apologize for not being sober for my first post.
title changed to suit you

And there is a performance trucks website for TRUCK questions. Your screen-name and password work there.

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 05-20-2011 at 03:12 AM.