Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed Cams.. Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changed Cams.. Impressions

I have been running the TSP231/237 cam for about 6 or 7 months now, and that is a LONG time for me! I pulled it out and installed a FMS custom cam. The FMS cam surprised me with the idle quality, it was much better than I expected. I just started it up for the first time this morning, immediately drove an hour and a half down to the Bham Fbody dyno day and strapped it down... 474.3 rwhp and 421.4 rwtq!!! That really impressed me, I was only hoping for 465 or so. All of this is still on the stock LS6 intake. I was kinda hoping for a little more torque, but that's not too shabby. At the same time I changed cams I added a TB that Cammin BeaSSt ported for me and an Electric WP. I'm also still running my "mail order" tune I had with the TSP231/237. I'm going to run this cam for 4 or 5 weeks and then try one of TSP's "magic stick" cams, along with a FAST intake.

Btw, I'm still running the "walmart" Patriot LS6 style's that have been on my car for around 8,500 miles. I'll make a post in the Dyno section in a little bit with some more info and the graph.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:55 PM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

congratulations there gomer. happy to see the results you got. its been awhile since you made me laugh tho...... i swear you change aftermarket parts like some people change underwear keep us posted on the fast intake....i have been debating one of these for awhile now.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WOT
congratulations there gomer. happy to see the results you got. its been awhile since you made me laugh tho...... i swear you change aftermarket parts like some people change underwear keep us posted on the fast intake....i have been debating one of these for awhile now.
I know, I've been busy at work.. so I haven't had alot of time to change stuff lately. I'm going to do another cam here in a month or so, and then a FAST intake. I'm still not completely sold on them yet. The next thing I'm going to buy is a copy of LS1 edit so I can do some tuning on it myself without having to mail the computer off. This summer, if my bonus at work is big enough, I'm thinking about upgrading to some of the TSP Race Ported heads that Jason and Trevor are selling, those look pretty promising.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

What are the specs on the FMS cam?? Hell to me the 231/237 seems like a big cam....lol BTW: Nice numbers!!!!
Old 03-06-2004, 05:25 PM
8 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice numbers. Hey Gomer, do you want to part with the TSP 231 237?
Old 03-06-2004, 06:52 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great numbers! Specs please!
Old 03-06-2004, 07:00 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by gomer
I have been running the TSP231/237 cam for about 6 or 7 months now, and that is a LONG time for me! I pulled it out and installed a FMS custom cam. The FMS cam surprised me with the idle quality, it was much better than I expected. I just started it up for the first time this morning, immediately drove an hour and a half down to the Bham Fbody dyno day and strapped it down... 474.3 rwhp and 421.4 rwtq!!! That really impressed me, I was only hoping for 465 or so. All of this is still on the stock LS6 intake. I was kinda hoping for a little more torque, but that's not too shabby. At the same time I changed cams I added a TB that Cammin BeaSSt ported for me and an Electric WP. I'm also still running my "mail order" tune I had with the TSP231/237. I'm going to run this cam for 4 or 5 weeks and then try one of TSP's "magic stick" cams, along with a FAST intake.

Btw, I'm still running the "walmart" Patriot LS6 style's that have been on my car for around 8,500 miles. I'll make a post in the Dyno section in a little bit with some more info and the graph.
Nice numbers! I hope my walmart heads work that good! Ha.