Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC 215 heads owners come in please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PRC 215 heads owners come in please.

Alright, what I need is a picture of the head from the top looking down at the pushrod guide holes with the rockers removed. I have been chasing a tapping noise from the drivers side since putting everything together back in February. During my searching I noticed my number 7 exhaust pushrod was rubbing the head and the rest of pushrods on the drivers side were very close but not touching. John at Texas Speed said alittle rubbing was not a problem but it still bothers me so any help would be a great help. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Monday morning bump.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My 215s are off right now and disassembled. What exactly are you wanting to see and I'll take some pictures. I'll be putting it backtogether in the next few days if you need to see assembled pictures.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Teching In

VandykeT/A, what I need is a pic of the head from the top looking down at the pushrod holes. Preferrably with the rockers off. I think the exhaust pushrod holes are drilled alittle closer to the valvecover rail than the intake ones. My number 7 exhaust pushrod is rubbing the heads, not bad, but I would like to drill the holes bigger for more clearance just to ease my mind. The problem is that if they are drilled closer to the v/c rail I don't think I would be able to drill them bigger but might just have to dremel them instead. I had a bad tapping sound that I am pretty sure was from to much preload. I measured for pushrod lenth like 5 or 6 times before ordering them but after checking the preload again I was around .110 preload. I took the yella terra rocker off and put the stockers back on and the tapping noise went away but my preload was at .060 with the stock rockers. I guess the lifters pumped up after running the car some causing the excess preload, gonna remeasure for new pushrods so I can put the yella terra's back on before I get it dyno tuned. Anyway thanks for the help.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

i have some PRC227 not on my car right now i can snap some pics of, i'm sure there the same. would you like that
Old 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Old93camaro, that would be great all the reference photos I can get the better. Thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Teching In

For all those that like to see pics, the first pic is the #7 exhaust pushrod and the second is th #7 intake pushrod. If you look close you can see the exhaust hole looks to be closer to the valve cover rail than the intake hole.

PRC 215 heads owners come in please.-number-7-exh.-pushrod-valve-closed.jpg

PRC 215 heads owners come in please.-number-7-intake-pushrod.jpg
Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

Default Head Pics

Here are the pics you asked for remember i have PRC227 but im sure there is not a difference...

Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Old93camaro, that is exactly what I was looking for. Both of the holes on yours look to be pretty even. I think my exhaust holes are slightly off. As much as I hate to take the heads back off might have too so I can open the holes up to gain some clearance. Sucks having to grind on a new set of heads but price we pay to play I guess. Definitly not going to try and stiff Texas-Speed over such a minor detail, they are a great company. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

no problem i wish mine were at least on the car, i'm been lazy
Old 08-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Teching In

I know what you mean. I quit working on mine for about 4 months, I just lost motivation. I finally got back in the mood to work on it though and hopefully I will have the break-in miles on the rear-end and it dyno tuned before the track closes for the year. I really want a ten second time slip. Good luck with yours and thanks again for the pics.

Quick Reply: PRC 215 heads owners come in please.