Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dual spring differences???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dual spring differences???

is there any difference between quality of the comp 921 kit and the patriot dual spring kit?? I ask because the comp's are $560 and the patriots are $295 check um and let me know thanks http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=valve
Old 09-16-2004, 06:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the COMPs. I have heard nothing but good things about them but the patriots are a high quality spring as welll. Its the Cranes that you need to look out for as recently their seat pressure has been slightly low (A sponsor/vendor told me that when I ordered my cam).

I dont think you can go wrong with COMPS or PAT's and seing how you will need to swap springs every 20k Id make the economical decision.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I dont think you can go wrong with COMPS or PAT's and seing how you will need to swap springs every 20k Id make the economical decision.
There has been no recorded failure of Patriot "GOLD" rings yet. IMO PAT's are the way to go.
Depending on which cam you go with, they will have to be checked and measured every 15K but not necessarilly replaced
Old 09-16-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save the money and go with the Patriots! They're an awesome deal.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:20 PM
8 Second Club

i have the comps and they are doing great however i would go with the pats for the price difference. they werent out when i bought my comps.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
There has been no recorded failure of Patriot "GOLD" rings yet. IMO PAT's are the way to go.
Depending on which cam you go with, they will have to be checked and measured every 15K but not necessarilly replaced
Hey Predator, how hard is it to check the springs once on the car? I ask this, because I still havent dropped in the LS1. I know on my 3.4 its a royal pain in the ***. TO remove the valve covers, you have to remove the intake plenum, fuel rails, injectors and a few other things . I've seen some people mount the coils on the shock towers, which my guess would be to speed up removing valve covers. I dont really want to have to do that, so how hard is it? Simply unplugging the plug wires then removing the valve covers?

Thanks,
David
Old 09-16-2004, 08:37 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
Hey Predator, how hard is it to check the springs once on the car? I ask this, because I still havent dropped in the LS1. I know on my 3.4 its a royal pain in the ***. TO remove the valve covers, you have to remove the intake plenum, fuel rails, injectors and a few other things . I've seen some people mount the coils on the shock towers, which my guess would be to speed up removing valve covers. I dont really want to have to do that, so how hard is it? Simply unplugging the plug wires then removing the valve covers?

Thanks,
David
remove coil packs
remove valve cover
remove valve spring (use TDC method)
check spring pressure

thats the simple gist of it.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jrp
remove coil packs
remove valve cover
remove valve spring (use TDC method)
check spring pressure

thats the simple gist of it.
Yeap, what he said

I would just add disconect battery first (That should be common practice)