Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REV or Ferrea valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default REV or Ferrea valve

Which valves are better? Looking for some heads for my 382 build up. What do you recommend, Et, PP , FFHP??
Old 03-07-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ferrera makes a better valve. When it comes to heads, the possibilities are endless. AFR and TEA are going to be your most mentioned, but there is a reason for that.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with ET for the heads. They are close by if there ever is a problem. They also make a very good product.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
Which valves are better? Looking for some heads for my 382 build up. What do you recommend, Et, PP , FFHP??
We have a new 5.3/5.7 CNC program that flows in the 317 @ .600" range with a Ferrea 2.02 valve and better mid lift flow then the old port as well. Kirt Urban tested our old port design on our 5.3 heads vs PP and ET and ours made more average torque and HP. Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

They both make good valves. Some prefer a Ferrea, REV or Manley it is all in who likes what. This is more of personal preference question. You can change angles on either valve to make one "better" than the other.

One thing Brian is forgetting to mention is this test was done over a year ago (2/04) not yesterday. Much like he, us and every other cylinder head company, changes have been made to improve our product. Our newer 4.8/5.3 heads have a different port and chamber than they did when that test was done.

This post is not to start a fight or pissing match but just to give more insight to that test.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
We have a new 5.3/5.7 CNC program that flows in the 317 @ .600" range with a Ferrea 2.02 valve and better mid lift flow then the old port as well. Kirt Urban tested our old port design on our 5.3 heads vs PP and ET and ours made more average torque and HP. Hope this helps.

What type of PP head was in the test?What was the conditions?Was this engine dyno or chassis dyno?
Old 03-11-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up ETP heads

Originally Posted by Craig@ETPerformance
They both make good valves. Some prefer a Ferrea, REV or Manley it is all in who likes what. This is more of personal preference question. You can change angles on either valve to make one "better" than the other.

One thing Brian is forgetting to mention is this test was done over a year ago (2/04) not yesterday. Much like he, us and every other cylinder head company, changes have been made to improve our product. Our newer 4.8/5.3 heads have a different port and chamber than they did when that test was done.

This post is not to start a fight or pissing match but just to give more insight to that test.
Tell Cary...

The new ports and chambers are sweet!

Ed
Old 03-11-2005, 04:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2000PewterZ28
What type of PP head was in the test?What was the conditions?Was this engine dyno or chassis dyno?
PP Stage 3? LS6 style with 2.05 intake valve, ours was the old 5.3 with Ferrea 2.02 valves. A 2.05 valve will generally make more power.

BTW, REV probably has the best exhaust valve, and Ferrea or Manley for the intake, we use the stock exhaust on alot of heads because it flows as much as the aftermarket exhaust valves and cost alot less money.

EDC, would you like to look at our new intake ports? I could send you something if you like.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Collections Hold

Default Brian Tooley

Brian, when are you going to tell us what the Hell is going on down there. Akron is to tires as bowling green is to TEA. Charlie won't tell all. last I heard,your wife was abducted by the Summitt Mafia and this is a ransom payment. The other ones were good too. Good luck down there.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cary et performance
Brian, when are you going to tell us what the Hell is going on down there. Akron is to tires as bowling green is to TEA. Charlie won't tell all. last I heard,your wife was abducted by the Summitt Mafia and this is a ransom payment. The other ones were good too. Good luck down there.
That's funny, word has it they are feeding her well, I get to visit her a few hours a week.

Lots of work, developing around 8 different fully CNC ported heads, programming 3 CNC's instead of the 1, etc. I would like to send you a PM.

Brian

Quick Reply: REV or Ferrea valve