help with valvetrain

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 08:38 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with valvetrain

gona be runing the TSP Texas Giant Cam: 248/254, .629"/.622", 113 LSA
what should i run for springs, lifters and roller rockers
ap told me stock lifters , and rockers will be fine who sells thoes besides a dealer
Old 04-07-2005, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

I sit and read these question on these boards and i can,t figure out for the life of me why you guys always try to use the stock parts when you do a head and cam change.Stock roller liftters are not made to take the punshment of performance cams nor are the springs and rockers.As soon as one of those parts fail it will be every body else fault except yours for using stock parts.The valve train is the most highly stressed part in the engine.Why do you see winston cup teams and pro stock teams spend tons of money on spintron testing to get valve trains to live.I have built enought circle track engines in my life time to know not to scimp on these parts.So to your question get the best parts you can and your engine will thank you for it.

PS there also is no such thing as a bolt on part any more.

Mike Rogers
Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ROGERSPERF.
I sit and read these question on these boards and i can,t figure out for the life of me why you guys always try to use the stock parts when you do a head and cam change.Stock roller liftters are not made to take the punshment of performance cams nor are the springs and rockers.As soon as one of those parts fail it will be every body else fault except yours for using stock parts.The valve train is the most highly stressed part in the engine.Why do you see winston cup teams and pro stock teams spend tons of money on spintron testing to get valve trains to live.I have built enought circle track engines in my life time to know not to scimp on these parts.So to your question get the best parts you can and your engine will thank you for it.

PS there also is no such thing as a bolt on part any more.

Mike Rogers
First off i dident ask for a speach on stock parts. I was told by APE they use stock roller lifts and roller rockers. 2nd off i dont care what winston cup or whateever is doing or what ever u built im asking what u guys are runing COMP R sucks i read so many people having problems with them. and the PS i did not ask anything about bolt on parts
Old 04-07-2005, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

I guess i wasted my time in educating you on the importance of quality valve train componets and how they should be installed since it seams you don,t care to learn and rather pull your engine apart every week i will refrain from giving out any advice for free for you guys to learn by.I see a company like AFR and tom who comes on this board and try to help you guys out to educate you on heads.I never see any one try and come up and figuer out why that parts is so bad or failed.

Mike Rogers
Old 04-07-2005, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

lets see! street use 2500rpm (avg)
WINSTON CUP- 7000rpm (AVG)

go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowboysfan

Old 04-07-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

I have a set of used rockers if ya need em
Old 04-08-2005, 02:49 PM
8 Second Club

i do to but they have 108k miels on them i dotn no if is hould use them or not
Old 04-08-2005, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

rogersperformance.. is rite to a certain degree. yes u always need to upgrade the valvetrain. but not all of it. those stock rockers are just plenty and will withstand a lot of what u throw at it. but for sure do not reuse ur stock lifters.. by no means neccesary. unless u dont like ur motor. now im not giving u a lecture or anything. im just sayin it how it goes. just buy #26921-16 (kit) i think thats the part number. thats comp cams dual valve kit. with titantium ret. and **** like that. then lifters and pushrods. ull be set. and thats a big cam ur usin just to let u know.. i hope thats not ur daily driver!!