Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR's,Fast 90,NW 90TB,Poly mounts and Fast rails finally done

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFR's,Fast 90,NW 90TB,Poly mounts and Fast rails finally done

Well I finished the heads,intake,TB,fuel rails,poly motor mounts and braided fuel line. What a bitch of a job but it is done! I want to thank my buddy Mike and Gene of Gene's auto repair for all the hard work. These are my friends that put up with me for two long days. It would have went quicker but all three of us are perfectionists when it comes to our cars. I could not have done it without them so thanks once again guys. I could not even imagine doing motor mounts in the car what a BITCH even with the motor sitting down on the floor on it's kmember it was a pain to do. I will say that it is one of the best mods I have done so far to the car. The motor does not shake in the car it stays as still as can be with no exhaust banging the floor.
I also suggest if you do fuel rails to get the fitting that is shown in the pictures to attach to your factory fuel line. I just got home a few minutes ago from a long day finishing up the car but was too wound up to go to sleep so I wanted to post my results and share them. Dropping the motor to do heads is the best and would suggest doing it that way so there would be no problems with prep work for mounting your heads and getting a good torq and making sure your surface to the head and block is clean. Most of all that there is no coolant in the head bolt holes. I almost forgot when we did the head install we pulled the two brass plugs on the bottom of the block to drain most of the coolant still in the heads even though we drained the rest of the cooling system. It made clean up of the head bolt holes a breeze to do with very little coolant when the heads came off. I would say it was only a few ounces of coolant if I had to guess great call on that Gene. Well I have said enough enjoy the pictures. I forgot to mention the car feels great and the 90mm NW TB has great throttle response.

Last edited by 02 Pewter LS1; 06-11-2005 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Looks nice.. I hope I get my car looking like that.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Props on the good looking install.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:36 AM
TECH Resident

wow, clean engine bay! the fast fuel rails look bada$$! great job!
Old 06-12-2005, 02:48 AM
11 Second Club

question.... hwat is the braded lines comign off the end of the fuel rails.. on my tnt wet kit and stock fuel raisl this is where my kit draws the fuel from.... loks like u dont have a n2o kit. so what are the lines coming off?
Old 06-12-2005, 02:49 AM
11 Second Club

also what paint did you use to paint ur valvecovers?
Old 06-12-2005, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
question.... hwat is the braded lines comign off the end of the fuel rails.. on my tnt wet kit and stock fuel raisl this is where my kit draws the fuel from.... loks like u dont have a n2o kit. so what are the lines coming off?
Look at the second pic again. See the N2O nozzle on the left side near the MAF?

Beautiful pics man. Very nice install too. It must be nice to have access to a shop like that..you're lucky. Tell us more about that fitting for the stock incoming fuel line, where'd you get it, what's it called..etc.
I remember when my engine and engine bay were that clean and pretty. My engine bay looks like an old fightin' dog's head now...haahahaaaa
Old 06-12-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

That first pic is so cool with the engine and wheels sitting on the floor and the car raised above it. Thanks for the tip on removing the brass fittings to drain the rest of the coolant. What kind of wrench fits the driver side fitting you are holding?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for all the compliments on my car guys.

The color of the paint on my valve covers is Ford red high heat engine paint.

The fuel line fitting I got from some place on the internet but I can't remember the name. I have the name of the link on my work computer I will post it up when I get to work Monday.

The size of the drain plug on the driver side is a huge allen head I will find out the size on that also.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

No problem on the help. All I can say is "you got some big ones" to do that job. The car turned out great... Now get it tuned and lets run it! That 90mm sure was sucking in the air like a vaccum-cleaner!!!!!!!

My car is next!
Old 06-12-2005, 05:38 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Wow your car looks great Lou. The install looks like a very clean job, good work. Now hopefuly the car will actually run some decent times NA but I doubt it.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:45 PM
FormerVendor

Your hands appreciate doing the heads with the motor dropped. Mine did. Go out and kill that tranny!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

That first picture is enough to make anyone go out and buy a lift .
Old 06-12-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Caveman
Wow your car looks great Lou. The install looks like a very clean job, good work. Now hopefuly the car will actually run some decent times NA but I doubt it.
I am very happy with the outcome with everything but it was alot of work. It should run pretty good NA with all the work done to it. I will be coming over your way soon to get the car tuned it is running pig rich with the new injectors.

Keith I need to get with you and see what your injector flow table looks like and compare it to mine. Shoot me your file over in an email to me if you could here is my email address Louiespaccio@cfl.rr.com. I guess we will see how stong a full built Burges tranny really is so far so good. Then again you can only do so much to a 4L60E to begin with.

Here is the link to where I bought that fuel line adapter at.
http://purechoicemotorsports.com/ part #5800 but you only need one so specify that when you order.

Here is the size for the block drain plugs that I talking about.
17MM Allen front left behind alternator.
T50 torx rear drain over starter.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the info on removing the plugs! Good luck with your new project.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Awesome tip on removing the 2 block plugs before removing the heads. I no water to clean up from the head bolt holes or the cylinders. It's worth the extra effort to remove the plugs. Thanks again for the info 02 Pewter LS1!!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Awesome tip on removing the 2 block plugs before removing the heads. I no water to clean up from the head bolt holes or the cylinders. It's worth the extra effort to remove the plugs. Thanks again for the info 02 Pewter LS1!!
No problem glad I could help. I have found ALOT of great information on LS1Tech and just wanted to share my findings with others.