Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ETP stepping up!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Collections Hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETP stepping up!!

As most everyone knows, ETP has had a pretty bumpy past couple of years with the launch of our new line of cylinder heads and associated products for the LS market. Over the past year we spent a lot of money and time to revamp our reputation and fix our supply and demand issues. Many of us here at our shop learned that Rome was not built in a day nor do projects such as making a new cylinder head when it is your first. I just wanted to thank all of our vendors and customers that supported us and stuck with us through all of the turmoil and to appologize to the potential or lost customers that waited long periods of time for our product and lost valuable driving/racing time over our lack of delivering a product in a reasonable time. I wanted to wait until we had things together before I made this post. Short of a couple odd jobs, our backorders have gone down from 2-6 months to 2-6 days. Our orders have even doubled every six months since the introduction of our 11 degree heads. We are now stocking most of our product line on the shelf. Many orders can be shipped within a couple of days and some instantly. We have always offered a custom built assembly at a reasonable price, so we keep certain chamber volumes and models on the shelf and customize them per order, so that usually takes a couple of days. We will have our standard 215, 225, 245 and LS7 4" and 4.1" bore heads machined and assembled ready for delivery within the next few weeks, until then, current orders should ship within 1 week of delivery. We have also added a few new products to our line. We now have a cast aluminum valve cover with coil mount provisions which will work on all LS cylinder heads with stock or shaft mount rockers. they can be purchased with PCV provisions or without. We are also offering all of our cylinder heads with the option for a 6 head bolt pattern for either the GM or World pattern. They are still a custom order because of all the variations we make. We are also adding to our product line, ported stock casting L92 heads and we are beginning programming on our new "L92 style" head which will be avalible in all bore sizes and even the 3.9"!! It will feature our 11 degree valve angle and have all the other features that are currently offered in our other cylinder heads. We are now using the "Patriot Extreme" valve springs as our standard spring. We have found it to be very reliable and not to have the instabiliy issues that we have been so eager to overcome with stock lifters. With all of the feedback from our customers we have made a lot of nessesary changes within our business. For the corvette guys, we will be soon offering our 215-245 with a stock length valve and .200 raised valve cover to clear alternators etc. these will only be avalible for hyd rollers.
We are minutes away from having our LS7 fuel rail/throttle body and cable adaptor finalized for use with oem gm ls7 manifolds when fly-by-wire in not used. We are still in process of making intake manifold tooling for our LS series cylinder heads including a 4 barrel manifold to fit the c5r and our canted valve head. Our canted valve heads will now be offered in a LS7 port configuration with a smaller runner volume intended for street and race usage as an upgrade to a LS7. These will still require use of shaft mount rockers, but will be in excess of 400 cfm at streetable valve lifts. These will be a little more budget minded than our current CV race head. We are now well set into our new 20,000 square foot facility featuring 3 five axis and 3 four axis production machining centers and plan to extend our r&d capabilities to help bring us closer to all markets. Thanks to anybody who has read this far through this post and we look forward to being a bigger and better part of the LS market. We may never be the cheapest but always thrive to be the leader with innovation.

Cary
ETP
Old 01-31-2007, 04:55 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is awesome news, the order time was the only complaint if anyone ever had one.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Good to hear.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

and they do have KICK *** CUSTOMER SERVICE. just ask me. I'll tell you.

chris
Old 02-01-2007, 06:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a lot of new products. I especially like the Vette setup that won't require modifications. Are you guys going to update your web site with all this new information?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Wow! Carry, I would have considered your heads before my purchase. But the wait time killed it.

Glad to see you guys stepping it up. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got any pics of the new cast valve covers?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:15 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

congrats
Old 02-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Good to hear. I've been very happy with the ET 240 heads that are on my motor, they've performed very well so far and I've yet to even touch on their capabilities.

Looking foreward to what you have on the way in forms of better intakes/single plane type stuff that I can put to use with the heads, as good as they flow, I know ther's a ton to be gained over a standard fast type.

Kudos to you guys for getting a great product out to the market and it's great to hear there's more good stuff on the way, and now having the delivery times down to where most of the industry is, can only help.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

I waited 7 months for my heads but it never bothered me cause it was worth the wait. They are a top notch product and I would rather wait for a quality product than get a half *** product right away! Glad to see things are coming together.
congrats!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Here are some pictures of our valve covers.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

am i the only person who thinks its odd that a vendor has to post up about themselves "stepping up" ???

shouldnt the customers usually be the ones to say how kick *** a company is doing?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06
am i the only person who thinks its odd that a vendor has to post up about themselves "stepping up" ???
Yes you are.

Craig/Cary...will those valve covers use the factory o-ring type of seal? Also, they'll fit any type of head, not just ETPs, correct?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Yes you are.

Craig/Cary...will those valve covers use the factory o-ring type of seal? Also, they'll fit any type of head, not just ETPs, correct?

hehe thanks for answerin me... i figured it was just me
Old 02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

hehe thanks for answerin me... i figured it was just me
Sorry, I couldn't resist

In all seriousness, they've had some bad press that I think warranted a thread like this. Wait times were always a problem, and it is nice to hear that that should be a thing of the past.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry, I couldn't resist

In all seriousness, they've had some bad press that I think warranted a thread like this. Wait times were always a problem, and it is nice to hear that that should be a thing of the past.

yeah i totally agree with that, it just would have been nice to see some customers say their wait time was non existent.. doesnt seem like it would do nearly as much good for a vendor to say how kick *** they are

and for reference, ET kicks *** and has some bad *** products, this thread just kinda read funny to me lol
Old 02-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

good things come with time.... noone else, and I mean noone has offerings like they do with the # of differnent port volumes (all differeent CNC programs, which is ALOT of programming) and and options ( 4 inch bore, 4.1, ls7 4 inch bore, 4.1, canted avlve, etc.etc)

Noone had the initial delivery problems, because noone else attempted to cover every base all at once. Now that they've caught up, you'll see more and more people running these heads, and going fast with them I am sure of it.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Collections Hold

Default valve covers

Yes you are.

Yes they will have factory oring. Yes they will fit any LS head, not just ours. In fact, We guessed it would be more popular on the stock vc rail height since ours is raised more than a stock head. It will be great for all shaft rockers, it even clears our canted valve head, which is the worse clearance issue we have ever seen.

Hope to have more goodies posted soon.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I really like the looks of the valve covers...any chance of offering a breather cap option (there are a few people that run breather filters in place of their oil caps)?
Old 02-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Collections Hold

Default stepping up

shouldnt the customers usually be the ones to say how kick *** a company is doing?
It was short for -- stepping up to the plate intending on more hits than strikes and an occasional home run. Stepping up our product line to meet the demands of today and tomorrow, not last year. Stepping up to make the best pruduct we can and deliver parts on time, not in "Two more weeks or so"

Any how, I guess you can see what I was saying.

Cary

Quick Reply: ETP stepping up!!