Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads help.. Patriot 035 or 243 castings..

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heads help.. Patriot 035 or 243 castings..

OK guys..

I am still trying to figure out all these heads stuff..

I am looking for a set of heads to run with either Patriots 226 cam or something like a custom grind..

What is the major difference in the LS6 style heads and the LS1 5.3 heads?

Do they provide different levels of power? Is on more complicated in the install?

I am going to be doing the install myself, but do not want to have to deal with a large amount of extra "make these Ls6 style heads fit" type stuff..

Is the "plug and play" of both the heads the same?

I guess that is a complicated way of saying, which heads should I pick up? the 035 casts or the 243's?

Thanks guys..

Jeff
Old 08-29-2007, 11:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tram
OK guys..

I am still trying to figure out all these heads stuff..

I am looking for a set of heads to run with either Patriots 226 cam or something like a custom grind..

What is the major difference in the LS6 style heads and the LS1 5.3 heads?

Do they provide different levels of power? Is on more complicated in the install?

I am going to be doing the install myself, but do not want to have to deal with a large amount of extra "make these Ls6 style heads fit" type stuff..

Is the "plug and play" of both the heads the same?

I guess that is a complicated way of saying, which heads should I pick up? the 035 casts or the 243's?

Thanks guys..

Jeff
The LS6 "Style" heads we used to do, were 035 raw castings that we welded the chambers on and then machined them to any size we wanted. The 035 and a 243 have the same runner design, the difference in the two heads is the combustion chamber sizes(72cc on the 035, 64cc on the 243). The LS1 and 5.3 heads share runner designs that differ from the 243 and 035 heads. A LS1 head has a 67cc chamber and a 5.3 has a 61cc.

As far as installation, they both will install with no issues. We suggest a set of the 243 CNC ported heads because of the better flow they offer. If you have anymore questions, please let us know.

Quick Reply: Heads help.. Patriot 035 or 243 castings..