Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head/cam installing

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head/cam installing

I have no idea where my friend is , we were supposed to do the heads n cam on my Camaro last weekend and he hasnt picked up all week. and hasnt responded to messages, etc..

So what Im assuming now is that he is either in jail or has fled the country. Honestly..

I need to do the head/cam on my car and I dont have all the proper tools to do so.

what shop is there in 626 area, that can do this process for me for a reasonable yet quality job. I have automotive knowledge, so I will also help them if they want to..

Thanks for all the help..

Now, secondly..

I need to purchase some stock LS1 rockers and I dont see any. Not even on SDPC and Harland Sharp doesnt sell any rockers, just rebuilds em..

help pls.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

Default rocker arms

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
I have no idea where my friend is , we were supposed to do the heads n cam on my Camaro last weekend and he hasnt picked up all week. and hasnt responded to messages, etc..

So what Im assuming now is that he is either in jail or has fled the country. Honestly..

I need to do the head/cam on my car and I dont have all the proper tools to do so.

what shop is there in 626 area, that can do this process for me for a reasonable yet quality job. I have automotive knowledge, so I will also help them if they want to..

Thanks for all the help..

Now, secondly..

I need to purchase some stock LS1 rockers and I dont see any. Not even on SDPC and Harland Sharp doesnt sell any rockers, just rebuilds em..

help pls.

I just put some ls6 heads on my ls1, I have a f1 cam on it and I was trying to see if I could get away with putting 1.75 rockers from comp. If I can get away with it, I can sell you my stock rockers, I have to do some homework on this first, Im looking for a rear end, do you know were I can get a good deal?
Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Teching In

As far as your rockers go goto texas-speed.com they have many different brands of stock rocker arms. and you should check to see the ramp rate of your cam to make sure it can handle the higher ratio.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by solo21
I just put some ls6 heads on my ls1, I have a f1 cam on it and I was trying to see if I could get away with putting 1.75 rockers from comp. If I can get away with it, I can sell you my stock rockers, I have to do some homework on this first, Im looking for a rear end, do you know were I can get a good deal?
I will take yoru stockers and send em to Harland shap to get rebuilt. that way I can have them ready when I do the install..

and EPP has great deals with new rearends if you wanna upgrade to a 9" Or 12 bolt.

But Honestly Im not too fond of Moser I would try talking to Strange also.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitetaws6
As far as your rockers go goto texas-speed.com they have many different brands of stock rocker arms. and you should check to see the ramp rate of your cam to make sure it can handle the higher ratio.
I will go with 1.7s

Im going with a Torquer V3..

Okay, I talked to Texas speed, twice.

They dont reccomend aftermarket rockers, they said the stock rockers are the best, thats why I decided to stick with them.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

ANyone else?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Resident

Just send you stockers to harland sharp so they dont have a chance of spilling their bearings
Old 11-04-2007, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1C5Vette
Just send you stockers to harland sharp so they dont have a chance of spilling their bearings
My head n cam swap will take 1 or 2 days. I cant afford to wait a few days by sending em.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

bump ittt
Old 11-04-2007, 05:42 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

ls1howto will help u alot too
Old 11-05-2007, 01:04 AM
11 Second Club

Yes I was goint to use that... Im just stuck on tools and I need a hand. other than that. I need rockers.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default rockers

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

Well, if the above copy and paste doesn't work it to gm parts house. they have the rockers for $9.13 ea or $146.08 + shipping.

I have the updated 01 and up oem ls1/6 rockers new that I never used in my build. I paid around $150 shipped a yr ago and never put them on. Would part w/ them for $125 shipped to Ca.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry I missed your thread last week...we keep the stock rocker arms in stock, as well as several brands of the aftermarket rockers! Let us know if we can help!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Yes I was goint to use that... Im just stuck on tools and I need a hand. other than that. I need rockers.
Tool really isn't that big a deal. I thought it was gonna be more involved when I did mine, but I only used a handful of tools. I had a buddy help me with a couple minor things, but did 99% of it myself.

Just use the ls1howto for some stuff if you get lost & the torque specs. If you mechanically inclined you shouldn't have a problem. I honestly only used it for the torque specs. It's a pretty basic procedure. Just try to remember what you took off & in what order, then reverse that when putting it back together.

Word of advice. Tear it down from the top to bottom. And remove the cam after you already got the lifters out. Also install the cam & then drop the lifters in that way you don't have any extra steps or worries.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Tool really isn't that big a deal. I thought it was gonna be more involved when I did mine, but I only used a handful of tools. I had a buddy help me with a couple minor things, but did 99% of it myself.

Just use the ls1howto for some stuff if you get lost & the torque specs. If you mechanically inclined you shouldn't have a problem. I honestly only used it for the torque specs. It's a pretty basic procedure. Just try to remember what you took off & in what order, then reverse that when putting it back together.

Word of advice. Tear it down from the top to bottom. And remove the cam after you already got the lifters out. Also install the cam & then drop the lifters in that way you don't have any extra steps or worries.

ok. But Im also doing heads, so Im dropping the K member.

Oh and Ive built my own T-56, how much harder will this be?