Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The best H/C/I package???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The best H/C/I package???

Ok so I sold my Mach. I have been thinking about getting an LSX car......
(SS, WS6, or Z06). I want the best H/C/I package I can get I want the most power I can get N/A...possibly spray it down the road.

Of course either car I get will have full bolt ons. If I get an F-Body I will put 4:10 gears in it. Thanks guys I appreciate it.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well with how many package options are out there its really a matter of shopping around. There are several packages out there that will get you oer 500rwhp n/a.
In reality how much are you looking to spend to get where you want to be. Also what goals do you have for the car? Street/strip, dedicated strip car or a roadcourse or autox?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also there is a sticky at the top of the page that gives a "recipe" of parts that will get you to 500rwhp. Which is pretty much the top for a stock cube N/A motor. You can get more but you would hafta go either the forced induction route or spray it.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
Well with how many package options are out there its really a matter of shopping around. There are several packages out there that will get you oer 500rwhp n/a.
In reality how much are you looking to spend to get where you want to be. Also what goals do you have for the car? Street/strip, dedicated strip car or a roadcourse or autox?
Yes the car will be a street strip car. Definately more street may go to the track once in a blue moon. I love the sound of a big cam. So yes if I can get to 500rwhp N/A I would be pumped!!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm looking at Summit's Trick Flow 515 hp kit. $3100 for everything u need for the swap. Seems like a good deal. Still haven't ruled out an AFR/PatG package yet either.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by korndawg
I'm looking at Summit's Trick Flow 515 hp kit. $3100 for everything u need for the swap. Seems like a good deal. Still haven't ruled out an AFR/PatG package yet either.
I am guessing that Summit package is crank HP so maybe 440isrwhp?? $3100 isnt a bad price for a complete swap. I was thinking AFR's or Trick Flows with a ported Fast 90 and a MS4 or MTI X1??? Like I said I like the big lope of the cam but I want the most power N/A I can get.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, it's rated at they flywheel. ETP, TFS, and AFR seem to be the cream of the crop for LS1 heads, so you can't go wrong with either one. Also a FAST 92mm intake with TB is a great addition. The new Holley intake is making some noise too, but has yet to be released. There is no "best" H/C package out there. I would ask guys like Patrick G and Predator Z to help you out, they're guru's.

Last edited by korndawg; 05-22-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by korndawg
Yes, it's rated at they flywheel. ETP, TFS, and AFR seem to be the cream of the crop for LS1 heads, so you can't go wrong with either one. Also a FAST 92mm intake with TB is a great addition. The new Holley intake is making some noise too, but has yet to be released. There is no "best" H/C package out there. I would ask guys like Patrick G and Predator Z to help you out, their guru's.
Yeah I was just curious to see what people thought were some of the best combos......thanks again so far keep the advice coming.