Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please guys need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please guys need some help

hey wats up guys??!! just got my car tuned few days ago... i'm pretty satisfied with the results since i'm drivin a 4-door car, but not completely satisfied... as u can see with the parts i have i should be gettin more power n torque.. after few runs on the dyno tryin to solve the fuel injection problem the guy helped me realize why i couldnt gain more than 360 (i was hopin for 380ish) and the reason were my junky long-tubes, which i got cuz i was in a hurry n short in cash, and my weiand manifold, which i got cuz i have Electronic ThrottleControl 76mm when i wanted fast 90mm but i didnt know wat to do for the throttle body...

i wont be buyin any parts anytime soon but i like to know wat i'm gonna do so i can start saving money... now here's where i need ur help, i have some options i just cant decide and i also have some questions...
here are the parts and the prices i found on the internet:

HEADERS:

- American Racing headers 1 7/8", long, mid pipes 3" = $ 1,193
- LG headers + x pipes = $ 1,595
- Hooker headers = $ 660
- Hooks = $ 910
- Edelbrock = $ 440

CAMS:
- Magic Stick 4 = $ 370
- LG G5X3 = $ 450

- Fast intake manifold 90mm
and for me to install the Fast mani the only solution i found on the internet was to replace my current ETC of 76mm with LS2, LS7, LS76 90mm ETC including the conversion harness($ 400 + $ 30). does anyone have any expertise in this matter??!! would the ls7 90mm ETC ,in this case, be as worthy as the 90mm fast throttle body (performance wise)??!! if you guys have any other solutions please share them with me cuz i'm really desperate to change my manifold.

and for the cams and headers options what do u guys recommend i should choose based on optimum performance and your own experiences, since i'm orderin the parts from the states its gonna cost me alot of money to ship them to the middle east so i'm really cautious about making the best decision.. and if you guys think i can find better prices let me know, my cousin lives in tampa, florida so he's the one who's gonna get the parts and ship them to me.... so i would really appreciate any help guys and thanks in advance i hope i didnt waste ur time... tc
Old 06-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as a cam, get a custom grind from Comp, which by the way is exactly what most after market cams are. With header go with the full LG system, or Kooks, those two systems seem to put up the most HP time after time. Trash the weind intake (isn't it metal???) and if you want to go cheap get a used LS6 intake and have it ported. Bigger throttle bodies in N/A cars really don't improve much other than throttle response.

Research and decide on a cam then go one size bigger, becuase cams like ***** jobs you always wish you went bigger.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE]Research and decide on a cam then go one size bigger, becuase cams like ***** jobs you always wish you went bigger.[/QUOTE

hahah lol nice one, very true... no its not metal..... thanx for the help definitely gonna take it into consideration... i dont need to change my TB for the LS6??!!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=nalzaki;9657261]
Research and decide on a cam then go one size bigger, becuase cams like ***** jobs you always wish you went bigger.[/QUOTE

hahah lol nice one, very true... no its not metal..... thanx for the help definitely gonna take it into consideration... i dont need to change my TB for the LS6??!!
If i'm not mistaken the stock ls6 throttle body is 78 MM, the Ls1 and Ls6 are the same engine, only difference is fuel management and heads and a slightly hotter cam.

But you can get a used ls6 and TB for around 400 bucks of corvette forum, you will have plenty of intake. Like I said maybe someone knows more than me but HP gains of the fast 90/90 set up over the ls6 setup is maybe 10hp tops not worth the near 1k price tag. I have the LG long tube on my car and it sounds nasty and def a seat of the pants increase in low end tourque.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Teching In

come on guys a little more help
Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Teching In

can anyone give me more help please!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the FAST 92 will help. A custom ground cam is always better. I would add the TSP 1 7/8 headers to your list, great price on them. I sell ls2 ported TB's and ported C5 TB's both electronic driven so thats an option there. You've got an A4, they doint dyno well, real test is how fast is the car.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im no help, but 360/362 through an A4...i dont think thats bad at all.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Teching In

99blancoss wrote u a private message hope to hear from u soon..

99ssleeper u r right but still hopin for more thanks for passin
Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

the very first thing you need to do is junk that intake, decide if you want to go big, or keep it on a budget. if you want to go big then get a fast intake and a ported stock 90mm TB. if you want to keep it on a budget, then get a ls6 intake and have your stock TB ported. both will wake up your combo. i would do this first, you will see your biggest gains here. cheap headers are not as bad as people let on as.(unless you got some 1"5/8 primary) you can pick up a few hp from one header to the next but its just a hand full(5 or so). not worth shellin out big money to replace, unless you just have extra money to spend IMO. you might be happy with that cam after you let it breath alittle. and since you dont have to pull the intake to do a cam change on the ls then do the intake first and go from there.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nalzaki
99blancoss wrote u a private message hope to hear from u soon..

99ssleeper u r right but still hopin for more thanks for passin

Yep got it!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
the very first thing you need to do is junk that intake, decide if you want to go big, or keep it on a budget. if you want to go big then get a fast intake and a ported stock 90mm TB. if you want to keep it on a budget, then get a ls6 intake and have your stock TB ported. both will wake up your combo. i would do this first, you will see your biggest gains here. cheap headers are not as bad as people let on as.(unless you got some 1"5/8 primary) you can pick up a few hp from one header to the next but its just a hand full(5 or so). not worth shellin out big money to replace, unless you just have extra money to spend IMO. you might be happy with that cam after you let it breath alittle. and since you dont have to pull the intake to do a cam change on the ls then do the intake first and go from there.

well after seein some cars with bigger cams i've been tempted, so yeah most probably i'm goin for somethin bigger either the MS4 or G5X3... so i'm gonna need a bigger intake... and about the headers i think they need to be replace cuz they r 1.25"...
Old 07-03-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

cool car to make a sleeper for sure and what better way to stalk **** than that lol hooker 1-7/8 on the 7th cylinder have plug wire to header tube clearance issues. I bought them through jegs for 960.00 and you might pay a little more for the kooks but they are worth it for sure! tsp true duals are super loud but it's nice scaring the olds folks and soccer moms now and then.... ms4 cam would be awsome if you get a good tuner for your application. I drive my MS4/LS6 STG 2.5 milled 12:1 on 93 through a M6 stage three spec+ cutch everyday with zero problems goodluck and sandbag those fart farts