Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking @ AFR, PRC Terminators.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking @ AFR, PRC Terminators.....

Ok i finally decided to seriously look into buying a set of heads for my
2002 SS A4. I have a new, never used Procharger D1SC f-body kit and GTP LQ9 heads that i might sell to buy the heads, cam, and Vig.3200 stall. I have the smaller twin ATI intercoolers, but they still work fine for 10lbs or so.
But here's the thing i only want to do the heads right the first time. Since i have a A4 with 3.23's i do not want heads with larger runners. I narrowed my
choices to the following:
1. TEA stage 1 ported 241 castings
2. AFR 205's
3. PRC/Terminator 200cc's
I like the Terms. cause they flow the same as AFR but with even a smaller runner. The air speed from a small runner will fill the cylinders faster making torque come in a lot lower in the rpm band.
Same with the AFR's.
And the TEA S1 heads should also make excellent power thru the whole rpm band as well.
And since the car will be 95% street duty i dont need a big cam. My old little 216/220 Comp. cam was amazing since it was one of the first cams that Comp. offered.... before the XE and XE-R days.
So my question is how many of you guys are running the heads that i posted
but with a small cam...something no higher than 220 degrees of duration?
How are your track times? And does anyone run a Lunati Voodoo LS1 cams?
Please dont bring up cams like the TR224...i know its a great cam but i only want a smaller cam similar to my old cam but with a modern touch...i would even go as high as a B1 if necessary. Thanks guys for your input.

P.S. I'll post immediately when the f-body D1SC kit and heads go up for sale.

Last edited by BlackNiteWS6; 09-15-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

AFR 205 and don't even think twice about it.
Cam 224/228 .609/.588 113+2 LSA
custom xfi/xe-r
Old 09-15-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

i hear the AFR's are the perfect casting for forced induction. you will definitely be happy with the AFR.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
AFR 205 and don't even think twice about it.
Cam 224/228 .609/.588 113+2 LSA
custom xfi/xe-r
What do you think this combo will make with all bolt ons ??
Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I really like the way AFR's work with smaller cams. Mine is a little bigger than what you are looking for but close. I believe I am making the kinda power you are looking for not sure what you would get with a smaller cam.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:03 AM
10 Second Club

Man guys i really appreciate your input...i loved the AFR's ever since i saw them
and Tony at the SEMA show in November 2003. They were the hit of the show. That
and the Procharger booth too But the Procharger guys are all about business....
they explain their products and never crack a smile..LOL. They know their stuff.
I know i cant go wrong with AFR's they have proved time and time again how good they are.
Predator: I know that cam you posted works very very well, but i'm trying to mostly
duplicate my old setup on my WS6. I want something like a high lift 218/224 cam or maybe the down and dirty B1 cam. The B1 has alittle chop to it but it's easy to tune
for good idle and it pulls like a frieght train especially in the mid-range
Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

BlackNite: if you think the Terminator's head flow numbers are valid, or the claims, you should look around. There's apparently a reason that they were never heard of again after about their first month on the market. You need to search and see the RESULTS from the ACTUAL OWNERS.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by matt1289
I really like the way AFR's work with smaller cams. Mine is a little bigger than what you are looking for but close. I believe I am making the kinda power you are looking for not sure what you would get with a smaller cam.

Matt,
DAMN!!! you did make awesome numbers. And thats great to hear that
the AFR's dont need to run bigger cams to make serious power. And even
trhough i want a smaller cam i'm pretty impressed with your cam. And you are
right...you and Predator-Z recommend nice cams. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by N4cer
BlackNite: if you think the Terminator's head flow numbers are valid, or the claims, you should look around. There's apparently a reason that they were never heard of again after about their first month on the market. You need to search and see the RESULTS from the ACTUAL OWNERS.
Well i did some searching and guys that bought the Terms. really like them.
Some people dynoed pretty good with them, but i'm not a big believer in
dyno's anyway. I want guys with Terms. to post their E.T's. I already
seen post how good AFR's do at the track, so they are well proven.
But AFR's can run smaller cams like a 218/224 cam or something like a B1, correct? Oh i forgot to say, the Terms. must flow the posted numbers cause
Texas Speed sells them and they are very honest.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

I can't agree with everything you said. Think about it. Heads marketed like they were the best thing on the Earth, then after they are released and nobody runs good on them, the company stops advertising and doesn't even acknowledge their wrong in hyping something that sucked. That's not honesty.

I agree on the AFRs.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

218/224 .605/.600 113+1 LSA

intake lobe 3014r
Exhaust lobe 3035r
113 LSA
112 ICL

41 IVC (6100 peak with LS6)
- (5*) overlap (semi stealthy)
Power range 1800>6400
Properly installed (degreed and tuned) I would estimate 410>420rwhp and 400+ rwtq
Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

^^ Predator-Z thats it!!!! That would be an awesome cam for what my needs are.
With the short duration i should have killer power across the whole rpm band and still
have great lower end torque. Plus the 113lsa it should have a nice crisp idle, almost
alittle choppy even. You are the man!! Thanks. Those lobe #'s dont look like Comp. lobes.
Who makes the cam? I want it

Last edited by BlackNiteWS6; 09-16-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:37 AM
10 Second Club

Ooops my bad i see its a Comp. cam I love it. Thanks again.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:48 AM
10 Second Club

I can't agree with everything you said. Think about it. Heads marketed like they were the best thing on the Earth, then after they are released and nobody runs good on them, the company stops advertising and doesn't even acknowledge their wrong in hyping something that sucked. That's not honesty.

I agree on the AFRs.
Oh definately the AFR's will be my best choice, but in defense of the Terms.
they don't suck just cause there isn't enough hype about them. I can neither
confirm or deny if the guys with these heads run good or bad. So until otherwise
i'm not going to bash a product or a shop thats a sponsor here. I'm sure guys are running decent numbers with the Terms. i just need them to chime in..i hope..lol. But i'm not gonna call Jason dishonest just cause not alot of
people haven't jumped on the bandwagon for the Terms.
But if i dont get any times from guys running them, then i'll go the tried and
true path and just get the AFR's for sure....Thanks for your input N4cer.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well here's a statement with no basis in reality at all.. Have you ever considered doing a search of Terminator results? I think you'd find they did very well. We stopped producing the Terminators because we're finishing up our new casting to replace these cylinder heads. Unfortunately I dont think I have even 1 pair of castings left to cut this program in & even if I did, we never moved the program over to our new cnc machines.

The Terminator heads always made great power across the board. Some guys tried to hammer on it because the fast intake didn't line up well to it, yet it always made great power. Now that everyone realizes several companies heads don't line up on the floor to the FAST intake, you never hear about it anymore...

If your looking for a set of AFR 205s give us a call, we have a set with only about 5 minutes of run time available with good springs for $2000!!!

This is another bad example of people without much knowledge on cylinder heads having a oppinion based on stuff they read on the internet. If you'd like to talk honest power numbers give me a call, we engine dyno test packages for just this reason. Any clown can get online & claim to know everything there is to know about a cylinder head, but you can B.S. on the internet, but you can't B.S. a engine dyno....

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Well here's a statement with no basis in reality at all.. Have you ever considered doing a search of Terminator results? I think you'd find they did very well. We stopped producing the Terminators because we're finishing up our new casting to replace these cylinder heads. Unfortunately I dont think I have even 1 pair of castings left to cut this program in & even if I did, we never moved the program over to our new cnc machines.

The Terminator heads always made great power across the board. Some guys tried to hammer on it because the fast intake didn't line up well to it, yet it always made great power. Now that everyone realizes several companies heads don't line up on the floor to the FAST intake, you never hear about it anymore...

If your looking for a set of AFR 205s give us a call, we have a set with only about 5 minutes of run time available with good springs for $2000!!!

This is another bad example of people without much knowledge on cylinder heads having a oppinion based on stuff they read on the internet. If you'd like to talk honest power numbers give me a call, we engine dyno test packages for just this reason. Any clown can get online & claim to know everything there is to know about a cylinder head, but you can B.S. on the internet, but you can't B.S. a engine dyno....
I spoke facts. Show us some Terminator cars with good times if you disagree. Put up or shut up. Consider when I called to order some, you guys claimed to have sold "hundreds" of sets in the first 2 weeks. Okay so out of those HUNDREDS that you sold here on tech, why do I see about 4 people with good times. I have seen way more people replacing them.

So be a big boy. Don't bash me. Back up your mouth instead of talking about MY knowledge.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Wow we sold hundreds of sets in the first 2 weeks? I doubt anyone here buys that anybody told you that. That's something like 14 sets a day!?!?!

Here's what I can tell you, that statement is completely false. I know for a fact nobody claimed to have sold hundreds of termys from our shop. Thats rediculous.

I don't think I need to backup my mouth, a search will show you good results from the termys heads.

Bash me all you want, most guys in this thread agree the termys worked very well.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=terminators

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=terminators

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=prc+200cc

Just a few threads on the old Termys.

Keep in mind guys we dont sell these anymore, but I don't really like it when people talk down a product that worked very well....
Old 09-16-2008, 02:09 PM
FormerVendor

Back to the original post.... I would HIGHLY encourage you to look at the TFS heads. These heads have proven themselves time and time again and broken records all over the world.. Track AND dyno.... If budget is a concern check out the "As Cast" option Trickflow has available.

Just a few benefits of a TrickFlow head ..... Thick Deck surfaces (Very important in boosted/nitrous applications) Thicker Rocker Bosses, no over porting the intake runners and breaking the rocker bosses with a TFS head... 300+CFM even with the as cast head.. Dual Spring kit rated to .650 lift...13.5* Valve angles for increased mid lift flow... Customer service that cant be matched in the industry when dealing with TrickFlow....
Old 09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Jason,
You and i talked about the Terms. and you told me about a new program that
runs a 205cc runner i believe. And i have no doubt they will perform just like the AFR's
cause you and PRC know your stuff. I like the AFR's so do you think we can do a trade
for my never used f-body D1SC Procharger kit? I thought time and time again about
installing the procharger but with all the extra's it gets costly, plus a love a well thought
out n/a setup. I already know i want the cam that Predator-Z spec'd for me Looks like i'm on the way to build a very strong street setup..lol. I want to thank all you guys for the advice you offered...i appreciate it big time.