Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Compression numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression numbers

I am installing a set of stock L92 heads with a .650 spring and push-rod/upgrade stock valves and offset rockers.... also i am installing a stock LS3 intake with stock fuel rails and injectors on my stock 6.0L LS2....with a 232/234/595/598 112 lsa cam "whoops my mistake" that is a proprietary cam spec, Lets just say it's the "Michael Jackson cam" that's already installed in the block. i am going to use GM MLS head gasket of the lowest thickness to try an get a little more compression...
I was told by GM that the L92 heads have 70cc combustion chambers.....what would my compression ratio go down to if use this set up?

!VENDORS YOUR WELCOME TO CHIME IN, as i need offset rockers, LS3 map sensor, adapter from Delphi to Bosch map sensor, ARP bolts, and assorted gaskets... I know you are all at the PRI show, but when you come back maybe you could give me a heads up....on the stuff i need...

As always any help would be greatly Appreciated,

Thanks,
The Head

Last edited by crakhead; 12-11-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll pm you with some info. Your looking at around 10.46:1 unless you mill those heads
Old 12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

How much HP are we talking about?

From say 10.9.1cr going down to 10.4.1cr......i am crunching numbers$$$ as to the cost to have the heads milled for more compression, VS; the amount of power i am going to achieve.......because if it's just a few HP, I'll just keep the heads the way they are.

Right now my car with the set up i have in it is making 448whp and 404wtq.

I don't drag race it, or D Drive it, i just like to know i have the power to out muscle high end Germans/Japanese/or the occasional rustang
Old 12-11-2009, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Gm head gaskets come in only 1 thickness. Stock. as far as the other stuff, we have everything that can set you up. When you go to L92 heads, with a cam, i would def not worry about a compression loss of .5. You see that every day on LS2 cars going from the 65 is chamber to the 68-70 of the L92. Some mill, some keep them the same. The biggest increase to be seen is with a CNC head. We have the rockers, stands, the map adapter (katech), more arp bolts than you can shake a stick at, and all the gaskets your wallet can afford.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by John@Scoggin
The Gm head gaskets come in only 1 thickness. Stock. as far as the other stuff, we have everything that can set you up. When you go to L92 heads, with a cam, i would def not worry about a compression loss of .5. You see that every day on LS2 cars going from the 65 is chamber to the 68-70 of the L92. Some mill, some keep them the same. The biggest increase to be seen is with a CNC head. We have the rockers, stands, the map adapter (katech), more arp bolts than you can shake a stick at, and all the gaskets your wallet can afford.
That's what i wanted to hear John, just minutes ago UPS dropped off the LS3 intake, now for the fun part, "porting it that is"....

I will be getting back with you on the rest of the parts i need, OK"; can i order them through you or do i have to go through Scoggin's web site...

I hardly ever use CNC to port, i use BnT...
Old 12-11-2009, 05:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

pm me, call me, scoggins site (www.sdparts.com)or email is jginter@sdparts.com
Old 12-11-2009, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

pm me, call me, scoggins site (www.sdparts.com)or email is jginter@sdparts.com
To make it easier, I'll PM you with all the parts i need, and maybe you can get me the part numbers to make my shopping experience more pleasureful, specially this time of the year with the holidays upon us.

Thanks for your assistance John,
JM
Old 12-11-2009, 05:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

De nacho. Gimme and ill get you what you need.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

De nacho. Gimme and ill get you what you need.
I won't be able to start my parts list until Sunday, I'll be at the PRI show in Orlando tomorrow.

I think you guys have a booth there...

Take care,
JM
Old 12-11-2009, 05:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We do!!! Go by and see jesse and the rest of the crew there. make sure to bug them about obscure gm parts, they LOVE that. lol. but dont ask about the tall deck lsx because we have them.

Quick Reply: Compression numbers