Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LLsr heads & cam stk blk e85 ls3 build... Update Dyno#s 560.5 W hp and 575.3 W Torque

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LLsr heads & cam stk blk e85 ls3 build... Update Dyno#s 560.5 W hp and 575.3 W Torque

Been working on new project thinking on starting a build thread but too much going on, looks it will dyno in about two weeks so maybe is time.
Looking for 10.5 street car.

Last edited by CAMSTER; 12-20-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

What compression ratio will you have? 10.50s should be easy
Old 05-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your welcome Camster.
We should not forget, no matter how we quantify it: 'freedom is not free.' It is a painful lesson, but one from which we have learned in the past and one we should never forget.

Paul Gillmor quotes
You know you got it. With E85 you gonna have just as much power as Sick......More Than Likely more.

After not finishing paying for those CT heads* too much $$$$$.oo and swapping the money on the GZ vacuum pump.
I thought about buying a pair of as cast TFS heads .....*BTW got that CHECK IN*
And having Chris do his magic with a little better head and keeping it solid with the same basic 408 short block. Place a great deal of effort in doing this up till 5:45am doing research Monday or yesterday. Threw that thought in the trash where it needed to be* staying above .700 lift. So after staying up all night I came out with 2 heads. How bout a pair of as CAST: ALL-PRO or RHS heads with a CBM LS7 head to LS3 intake adaptor or flange, so I can keep my Super Vic intake. Either is in my budget $1300-1600. Waiting to see which 1 Chris likes. I'm gonna sell my FRH stage1 LS3 heads (with Comp-Cams 1.8 adj rockers...no springs or valves) to buy shaft-mounted rocker arms. Just waiting 4 the mourning to see which 1 he prefers over what I got now and how much better performance I'm looking at.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lil john
Your welcome Camster.
You know you got it. With E85 you gonna have just as much power as Sick......More Than Likely more.

After not finishing paying for those CT heads* too much $$$$$.oo and swapping the money on the GZ vacuum pump.
I thought about buying a pair of as cast TFS heads .....*BTW got that CHECK IN*
And having Chris do his magic with a little better head and keeping it solid with the same basic 408 short block. Place a great deal of effort in doing this up till 5:45am doing research Monday or yesterday. Threw that thought in the trash where it needed to be* staying above .700 lift. So after staying up all night I came out with 2 heads. How bout a pair of as CAST: ALL-PRO or RHS heads with a CBM LS7 head to LS3 intake adaptor or flange, so I can keep my Super Vic intake. Either is in my budget $1300-1600. Waiting to see which 1 Chris likes. I'm gonna sell my FRH stage1 LS3 heads (with Comp-Cams 1.8 adj rockers...no springs or valves) to buy shaft-mounted rocker arms. Just waiting 4 the mourning to see which 1 he prefers over what I got now and how much better performance I'm looking at.
Welcome lil I'm surprise you are unsure of the heads you want.

Here's how I select heads, the must flow per intake cc wins (greater torque ban)
Any of those heads you mention will do but if you want my o2 I say Trick Flow genx 255 cc ls7 so you can use an ls7 aftermarket intake on your 408

Then ran your combination by Patrick you'll be glad you did.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Banned

Thing is they don't make a 4500 carb pad under $1000 bucks. Also I don't think that the TFS heads will come close to either head once done by Chris and with the RHS higher port for a straight shot. While the All Pro blank castings could look like this just set up 4 a smaller bore. From Chris:
Yet another one of our very popular LSX based heads is our BANSHEE. This head is our best offering for the LS7 platform. This head is not only a great quality casting but has some very impressive flow quality and port trajectory since we moved the pushrod
I read over all the heads in my LS cylinder head design book and started thinking which 1 would work out best for my set up plus over .750 lift so the TFS LS7 heads are out and would need more work. All of them TSP,MAST,TFS etc...... I would need a as cast version of any of these heads and most won't sell them like that so they can make money for the CNC work. I was never unsure but just looking for what would work out best. Could you imagine buying a set of bare heads @ $1100 ea/with a CnC and still needing Chris to do port work. So it came down to who has a as cast version so that I can get a Cnc job meant for over .700 lift. The cam in it is DAMN Good 256/270 .757 lift. I'm with you good buddy.

45 min. to opening if the rain hasn't shut everything down like in Houston.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

I recently seen some Brodix data over on WCCH site. They flow great IMO but I thought they were $$$$$. Too bad there wasn't any real world results to back up the flow #.

Camster,
you didn't use a LLSR cam in your wicked GTO build did you?
Old 05-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Banned

I got some brodix 272 data...Same basic engine used in LS7 Hot rod shootout(all part of the same magazine brand). You can get a good idea of how good they are with a quick comparison. You can get them dirt cheap as cast Jimbo. Then have WCCH or someone else do the port work. They will all be around the same in performance.

here you all go:http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...ylinder-heads/

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...top-ls7-heads/

Nobody every answer my call @ FRH this morning, so I called Bob and he said he has the All Pro's on the self. Jegs has the RHS heads ready to go. If someone gets on the phone I can have J purchase the heads today......
Old 05-26-2015, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
I recently seen some Brodix data over on WCCH site. They flow great IMO but I thought they were $$$$$. Too bad there wasn't any real world results to back up the flow #.

Camster,
you didn't use a LLSR cam in your wicked GTO build did you?
Oh yes I did.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lil john
I got some brodix 272 data...Same basic engine used in LS7 Hot rod shootout(all part of the same magazine brand). You can get a good idea of how good they are with a quick comparison. You can get them dirt cheap as cast Jimbo. Then have WCCH or someone else do the port work. They will all be around the same in performance.

here you all go:http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...ylinder-heads/

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...top-ls7-heads/

Nobody every answer my call @ FRH this morning, so I called Bob and he said he has the All Pro's on the self. Jegs has the RHS heads ready to go. If someone gets on the phone I can have J purchase the heads today......
What rpm shift points have you chosen for your build?
Old 05-26-2015, 10:32 AM
Banned

It's already set in stone with the cam I have at present 7200-7400. Camster i just copied and asked John B every question I could, just made a cheaper version. I have driven the car late this winter and a few days this spring but replaced springs and have not put it back together or use my Super Vic intake. Or my vacuum pump.

Last edited by lil john; 05-26-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Lookin forward to the updates and what this thing puts down.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Banned

Camster good news and bad news. Spoke to my buddies @ FRH and asked what they thought. 1st RHS as cast aren't in stock but I see they have them @ Jegs, also the All Pro is just a better head. $1849 from Bob. and around $1300 for the RHS heads.

Now the bad news: I asked how much of a improvement I would see over my LS3 Stage1 heads.....I explained that selling my heads would help for some savings, but every time I have my heart set on purchasing a pair of heads someone or something shoots my hopes out of the sky. Redtan said I ride Ls3 head nuts well if he only knew TRULY how good they are for a bore of my size were, straight from the factory. I'm speechless. We spoke for awhile and stated that he knew of the post I did and have sold several or steered quite a few guys there way, he can and would give me a Great deal. But after speaking with my good buddies I need a nap. The Big Guy in the sky Must want me to stay content and keep what I have. Don't even ask how much of a improvement I could expect to see with a better style head. And Ya''ll know I love heads. I'm just frustrated as I got the money.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

No idea why you'll want to sell FRH stage 1 for anything else if you already have them.

You adjust the heads to your combination so of speak in you cam specs so why Patrick G is the man.

Don't need .700 plus lift for 7.2 shift points and for street car, you should not go over that jmo
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Banned

Not gonna take up your post with my whining. But I'll that this quote and run with it:
If your dream is big enough, the odds don't matter. Decide to do whatever you must do to achieve your goal. Start where you are with what you have in your hands. Put your heart into it. Make it non-negotiable to work on your dream every day.

The build started with the premises of a nice hyd roller 408 build around 650fwhp *but as always wanting more and liking newer better products. I had a Tick custom hyd roller on order, *but loved the E-z roller lifters so out went the hyd. idea. Once I got the thought of a junkyard block,175.oo ea Ls3 heads, wholesale Eagle everything and buying the most expensive part which was the lifters....May as well build my dream engine(baby Talladega) as I've done several other small blocks and don't plan on doing another 1. Also I only knew and know of only 1 other 408 with 700hp listed on this site for the street(VA speed built it) I went with some simple parts on pump gas(thought of E85) but key parts in Certain areas as I know what tends to fail by reading past post. The cam is really a softer 700 lift cam but going with 1.8 rockers increased the lift some what. I have no complaints. Martin @ Tick is also the man, so is KIPP. It's my love affair with heads that keeps me up some nights. The plan was 700 nothing other than that as simple as possible. Tim Already told me this(about wanting to move from LS3 heads) and I thought I could pull something slick because of my love affair.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

This thing ever make any noise?
Old 11-24-2015, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Wow those chambers are tiny! That thing should make HUGE power
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 11-24-2015, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are the dyno results...

Name:  LS3%20WHP%20Record%20Stock%20block_zpscs2nyi0z.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  209.1 KB

I will hopefully have a better quality pic soon.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice........VERY nice

KW
Old 11-25-2015, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Scaling looks off. Show the rpm plot.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMSTER
The thief always thinks everybody else is stilling.
LOL. TFF. It does seem that dietcoke only chimes in to doubt or criticize.

Quick Reply: LLsr heads & cam stk blk e85 ls3 build... Update Dyno#s 560.5 W hp and 575.3 W Torque