Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

3 codes from the LS2 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 codes from the LS2 swap

So I did a little research on here regarding the 402 swap and cam sensor issues afterward. I am pulling the following codes:

P0107 MAP not functional/disconnected. Does this still plug into the back on the LS2 block? Or it is in the front of the manifold like the LS7 block? Sorry if its a dumb question but I need this hooked up to finish the tune.

P0327 Knock sensor pulling 4 deg timing. From the forums I think I can solve this problem as one of the sensors installed IS ON THE PS HEAD PLATE...I dunno why they placed it here, but I'm thinking if I get it further away from the valve train noise it'll stop pulling the 4 deg. (see below)

P0343 Cam sensor. This I think is my problem as the engine no longer wants to turn over. It was having trouble catching @ startup and a tune helped fix this. It was driving fine and then yesterday didnt startup. The only noise at startup was the computer "whuurrr" noise (not turning over) TSP sent a cam sensor and extension harness with the engine. The shop said that the cam sensor looked old and used and that they were going to get a new one. I said ok, but didn't remind them that it needed to be an LS2 sensor. The tach is dead just like the previous thread regarding this issue, but I'm looking into reasons why its not starting up. Maybe just too many codes at the moment confusing the computer, but I'm not quite sure. Anyone that can shed some light on the situation would be greatly appreciated, but I'm not giving up on it myself yet either. What a badass engine, just need to fine tune some things!
Old 09-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Launching!

in regards to the tach not working, i think that has to do with the ground not being connected on the back of the head? think its the passenger side... not sure though.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silverdub6
P0107 MAP not functional/disconnected. Does this still plug into the back on the LS2 block?
..... MAP sensor is on the front passenger side of the LS2 intake manifold.Blue Arrow.

P0327 Knock sensor pulling 4 deg timing. From the forums I think I can solve this problem as one of the sensors installed IS ON THE PS HEAD PLATE...I dunno why they placed it here, but I'm thinking if I get it further away from the valve train noise it'll stop pulling the 4 deg.
..... LS1 Knock sensors usually get screwed into the original LS2 knock sensor locations (after the LS2 female threads have been enlarged). Too late to do that once the engine is installed. Any unused LS2 engine mount bolt holes will be the correct thread to take an LS1 knock sensor.
Normal LS2 knock sensor place is HERE, same both sides :

P0343 Cam sensor.
...... The extension harness you bought may be one that was incorrectly assembled. There were a lot in early days. The extension should be wired such that it's outer wires cross over. You could check it using an electrical tester gadget.

left ---------> right
centre -------> centre
right ---------> left
Old 09-03-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 09-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I got the LS6 manifold, not LS2. I think its still in back (for the MAP sensor)
Old 09-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Had to swap my wires on the cps harness from tsp on my 402. Starting difficulty went away.
Problem recently came back, and after checking all the hookups, I think the sensor itself may be shot. The cover/sensor TSP provided with my shortblock looked like it swam around New Orleans lower 9th ward after Katrina!
Sometimes she fires right up, sometimes she wants to backfire....
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Dang that was a brand new cam sensor ,they sent u ,that looked like it swam in the mississippi river ? Did You call trevor ,jon ,brian or Jason & tell them that it looks used & abused ? I am sure they would have sent u a new one , I would have HOpe they would send u a new 1 ,Good to see things going your way man ,Post some Dyno runs when u get that beast up to par
Old 09-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

The valley cover was brand new, but the tc cover was an obvious salvage job. I am not the only one who got one of these covers when ordering a shortblock....
After hooking up yesterday with hpt I am showing "cam position sensor input low". If the engine doesent catch on the first go around cranking, it fires all out of time. I can shut it off and try again and fires fine. I am using an N-Motion double roller gear specd for the ls2.
I think the pcm is just firing off the crank sensor when it figures out whether the engine is tdc exaust vs tdc compression.
Verified all conections. Is there a value to measure to verify the cam sensor is okay, either a voltage if hot, or a resistance if not.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Oh in no way am I complaining about what I rec'd. The couple days the car was running it was BADASS! It's my shops fault for not completing the job before they told me to come pick it up. The problem with it not starting was because I fried the starter trying to get the damn thing to start! They fixed it without cost and assured me that they ordered the right cam sensor after speaking with TSP. The one they sent looked used/old, but john from TSP told me it would work fine just looked remanufactured. I told the shop that they needed to give me the car back w/o codes so I could complete my tune and they said they would. Im headed there today because they also forgot to weld up the SFCs. Its running now with codes still, but I'm going to spell it out for them regarding the cam sensor from past threads and see if we cant clear the code and make the tach work. Well worth the price! Very pleased with TSP and have been with every order!

Quick Reply: 3 codes from the LS2 swap