LS Fest Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Default LS Fest Feedback

Just got home from my first LS Fest and it was awesome. I had a blast watching some of the fastest LSx cars from around the country battling it out on the drag strip. My only complaints were that on Saturday when we were waiting for the True Street cars to get back it seemed like there wasn't anything going on. We were pretty bored for an hour or so. Secondly I would have liked some sort of get together to happen afterward to get a chance to socialize with some LS guys from different areas. Overall I had a blast and I'm looking forward to going back next year.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, it'd be cool to meet some of the board members at a afterparty or something, I wouldve liked to run just t&t but I couldn't see spending $75 to do it, but all in all I had fun and there was without a doubt some badass cars
Old 09-11-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

I know a lot of people just wanted to do Auto-x...
Old 09-11-2011, 08:31 PM

So I just got home from my 1st ls fest and I must say it was GREAT!!! I woulda like to have had a place to meet up after everbody left the strip saturday afternoon I know our group that we came down with cruised around looking for ppl and it was like a ghost town but it was only 12:00 but still I figured some ppl woulda been out somewhere we just cruised for 30 minutes or so and finally went back to the hotel.... but all in all im ready for next year ls fest already.....
Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JB99GMC
So I just got home from my 1st ls fest and I must say it was GREAT!!! I woulda like to have had a place to meet up after everbody left the strip saturday afternoon I know our group that we came down with cruised around looking for ppl and it was like a ghost town but it was only 12:00 but still I figured some ppl woulda been out somewhere we just cruised for 30 minutes or so and finally went back to the hotel.... but all in all im ready for next year ls fest already.....
It was the same way last year man. We rode around town, gave up and went back to the hotel.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Just got home from my first LS Fest and it was awesome. I had a blast watching some of the fastest LSx cars from around the country battling it out on the drag strip. My only complaints were that on Saturday when we were waiting for the True Street cars to get back it seemed like there wasn't anything going on. We were pretty bored for an hour or so. Secondly I would have liked some sort of get together to happen afterward to get a chance to socialize with some LS guys from different areas. Overall I had a blast and I'm looking forward to going back next year.
I felt the same way we just looked at all the venders but it was good... The next round is going to be in Indy who is going to the shoot out? Its in oct. I think a get together would be more fun thn going back to the room for sure.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm going to try and make it to the shootout too, just need to get my friends on board.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Teching In

The reason for no "after party" breaks down like this. (My opinion... could be wrong)

1. The LS Fest Event is still a new event overall. It is amazing but it will develop a large following year after year after year. It is too nice of an event NOT to. A bunch of people still don't know about it or they don't come to it BECAUSE it is so new and unproven that they dont want to spend the $$ (which can add up quickly) to come to it. That... WILL change.

2. COPS

3. Need a designated place to go. I go to NMRA every year in Bowling Green and because we attempt to maintain responsibility, Hobby Lobby let us all hang out in their large parking lot for many hours. That ... will come in time and with growth of event.

4. I would love to hang out after with everyone but if other people are like me... beer and relaxation in the hotel is the BEST thing to do.

There is my thoughts.

LS FEST IS AMAZING!! KEEP IT GOING PLEASE!!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by burd
The reason for no "after party" breaks down like this. (My opinion... could be wrong)

1. The LS Fest Event is still a new event overall. It is amazing but it will develop a large following year after year after year. It is too nice of an event NOT to. A bunch of people still don't know about it or they don't come to it BECAUSE it is so new and unproven that they dont want to spend the $$ (which can add up quickly) to come to it. That... WILL change.

2. COPS

3. Need a designated place to go. I go to NMRA every year in Bowling Green and because we attempt to maintain responsibility, Hobby Lobby let us all hang out in their large parking lot for many hours. That ... will come in time and with growth of event.

4. I would love to hang out after with everyone but if other people are like

me... beer and relaxation in the hotel is the BEST thing to do.

There is my thoughts.

LS FEST IS AMAZING!! KEEP IT GOING PLEASE!!

I think you are correct . Ya know every time I'm in bg the cops never give me any trouble. I also think when you have been at the track all day most guys want to eat and lay down. A lot of guys were up and moving around at like seven am. That's hard to do when you are hung over. The best thing to do would be to book the same hotel with a lot of members. That's what the corvette guys do when they have the bash
Old 09-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Default holley ls fest

Me and a couple buddies came down from illinois to spectate. Had a great time Holley put on a great event prices were very reasonable. Will be back next year hopefully with my car and just not watching. Thanks to Holley and everybody else for putting on this event.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The vendors were cool and all but there should be a swap meet. Show n shine type things are generally boring as all hell so if you aren't racing there is nothing to justify paying more than the $10 gen admin fee. By that I mean don't pay $75 if you aren't racing. That being said, the auto-x looked awesome and I hope to do that next year. Talking to the ridetech, tsp and kwik guys was worth the trip. Overall this was the best 'car thing' I've been to, a lot of stuff to do and not just a bunch of guys sitting next to their cars in the grass for 12 hours a day. I had planned to go back to day and get a shortblock from tsp but ended up getting trashed last night and sleeping all day. Maybe next year.

Last edited by chuckd71; 09-12-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:07 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Holley Fest is GREAT! Great bunch of people, most fun I've had at a race. Class Act!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Holley Fest is GREAT! Great bunch of people, most fun I've had at a race. Class Act!!!

Exactly! Couldn't of said it better myself.

Now go park those STEAM ROLLERs in the weeds!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Next we need to figure out a place to meet up Friday night, and we call bring our beverages there.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

^ agreed
Old 09-12-2011, 06:13 PM

Yea I agree it will come in time but I must say it was a hell of an event that will just keep getting better with time Thanks to Holley for throwing a great event... IM ALREADY WAITING ON NEXT YEAR TO GO BACK.......

Im also Debating on NMRA it would be my 1st time...........
Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

we would go out to dinner after racing, but anything more than that we were all pretty tired from working on the car non stop during the day.

Cant wait for the shootout!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

I was there but doubt I will be back. went thru tech with laptop in car in plain view strapped down to my laptop stand.I had made 10 runs with laptop in car was a few cars back to race Rumble. A guy tells me I had to remove laptop from inside car I told him that was not going to happen. So I didnt get to race he told me it was a NHRA rule. So I call NHRA in California today and Pat a tech man told me that is not true as long as I have it mounted and secured in car. What really **** me off I had this in car all weekend and in plain site and went thru tech no one said crap. I never saw so much double bulbing on prestaging. Just venting guys was still a good time till this.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

Get yourself a current NHRA rule book go to General regulations section 20 page 33 second paragraph.

During NHRA competition (yes you were in NMCA class that follows NHRA rules at a competition at a NHRA track), no portable computer (e.g., laptop, PDA, palm Pilot, programmer etc..) may be installed or located in a vehicle at any point beyond the staging area ready line. All functions or values must be set prior to this point.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nmcajeff
Get yourself a current NHRA rule book go to General regulations section 20 page 33 second paragraph.

During NHRA competition (yes you were in NHRA competition at a NHRA track), no portable computer (e.g., laptop, PDA, palm Pilot, programmer etc..) may be installed or located in a vehicle at any point beyond the staging area ready line. All functions or values must be set prior to this point.
So your telling me guy in Cali and tech guy is wrong? He said I could (and could use his name) but could not touch laptop after ready line. I was maybe 8 cars back when u told me that. Lets say u are right y was I allowed to run this all weekend. Just dont make any sense. So what about prestaging and turning on both bulbs.

Quick Reply: LS Fest Feedback