Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Overall opinion on this year's tour

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overall opinion on this year's tour

I have attended the tour for the last three years but didn't go this year because it was going to be a lot more driving this year for me. Basically what I'd like to know was how were the stops, were they easy to get in and out of, how was the freebies, how were the cars that the companies brought, and lastly was there a good turn out.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very large turnout...I think it was 2600 preregistered for long haul..the venues were easy to get in and out..at least from the start till Roanoke they were..I got off at Roanoke...I had a blast..lots of kool cars and people..GM had some kool cars with LS 7 power under the hood..pretty good freebees too..I went last year and had a great time..I'll be back again next year too..
Old 06-14-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a great time. I was at the kick off in orlando and stoped at superchips for lunch and then headed to gainsville. I got tons of stickers,t-shirts and a sunburn. The only thing bad that happened was i ran into some rain with the t-tops off but that is no big deal.

I read on the hotrod power tour fourm there were 4500 car registerd for the tour. There were tons of hot cars and cool peeps.

I will be there next time when its closer to florida. Check out my thread on here called 71 2006 HOT ROD POWER TOUR PICS.

I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE THERE.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Teching In

First time long hauler here.. I was in the chopped '51 Ford Truck on air ride with the LS1 w/a turbo. We found it a little difficult to make it to the next event before it was friggin over. We were leaving every morning by 8-8:30 am, and when we rolled into the next town, it was almost over for the day. The last day, we just blasted directly to New Jersey without following the route and was there by 11:00 am, but you miss all the backroads stuff. Anyone else find the same thing?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

About one hour of 60 MPH and looking at the back of the same car is all I could stand..another guy and myself would get out of the procession and do some power driving on the power tour...we always got to the next location early...always in front of the GM lead vehicle except for the first day....can't drive 55..
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought it was very good. Ive been on a few PTs. Harrisburg to NJ sucked IMO. Harrisburg venue sucked, the drive between harrisburg and NJ sucked and E-town sucked IMO. Im from that area and besides it being close it was a bad idea. The traffic etc along with shitty venues. I thought Florida thru SC was nice. The mountain driving was cool in VA.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by STRIPSTAR
I thought it was very good. Ive been on a few PTs. Harrisburg to NJ sucked IMO. Harrisburg venue sucked, the drive between harrisburg and NJ sucked and E-town sucked IMO. Im from that area and besides it being close it was a bad idea. The traffic etc along with shitty venues. I thought Florida thru SC was nice. The mountain driving was cool in VA.

That is pretty much why I planned on getting off at Roanoke..the trip up to there was great..had a great time..
Old 06-21-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God, I couldn't have said it better. I will never set foot back into NJ ever again. The roads sucked, the people don't give a crap about your ride and still drive crazy, and the people we ran into were horrible and mean. All in all, NJ sucked. But the Southern states and people were great.

Will I ever do it again with the SS?......HELL NO!! But I can say I did the Long Haul with my aka "trailer queen". I will do it again, but in a nice SUV that I don't care if it takes a rock chip or two. ALso I will bypass the routes and get to the venue early and enjoy the afternoon watching all the rides roll in each venue.

Had a blast though. Well worth the abuse the SS took. That long haul sticker was expensive. LOL
Old 06-21-2006, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

I'm with you there brotha. I tell you what though, I started driving like I was from NJ and its actually kind fun cutting people off then telling them to go **** themselves. I was going to get a picture of me pissing on the Welcome to NJ sign, but once I hit PA I didn't want to turn back.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I knew harrisburg and NJ were bad ideas before we left. They didnt have to move to Cleveland though sheez.

Quick Reply: Overall opinion on this year's tour