Go Back   LS1TECH > REGIONAL FORUMS > International Members
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

International Members For our members outside of the USA

Folks from Bahrain, some questions please.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:44 AM   #1
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Trader Rating: 1
Default Folks from Bahrain, some questions please.

So it is that time for me to start thinking about where I want to go for my next post. I am considering quite a few places, and Manama, Bahrain is one that looks good. So tell me about it if you would. How is the weather, what is there to do, can I borrow your car?

Just kidding on the last one, I'm not even allowed to drive. Anyway, any information you could give me would be extremely helpful. Of course, even if it is one of the places that I ask for, it is far from a sure thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS6
Women...if it wasn't for the *****, they'd be hunted for sport.
msgZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
Staging Lane

Trader Rating: 0

I spent some time in Bahrain in my Navy days, I can't say that I would go back. For one, it was too damn hot, and another, security was tight then, (pre Sept 11) I can't imagine what it would be like now.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
12 Second Club

Trader Rating: 11
Send a message via MSN to prostock_bigblock

wheather is SUCKS! very humid, if planning to go try being there between november and march other than that you are in a steam room.

its a nice country, lots of activities to do. you will enjoy the night life and they have a hell of a track and some serious fast cars to.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptop z
I spent some time in Bahrain in my Navy days, I can't say that I would go back. For one, it was too damn hot, and another, security was tight then, (pre Sept 11) I can't imagine what it would be like now.
its very safe in there, if its not you wont see the diversity of Foreingers especially Europeans are filling the whole places out there.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Thanks for the info guys. I will be there for a year. That is of course, if they send me there. I requested it, but who knows where I'll end up. I do hope to see the cars their, too bad I can't take my own.

I still wish a couple of the members that live in Bahrain would chime in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS6
Women...if it wasn't for the *****, they'd be hunted for sport.
msgZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
10 Second Club

You are most welcome hear but don’t come in the summer it HOT as hell.
For the cars check some of these sites
Bahrainracing.com for pix
Gulfgt.com local forum
http://www.bahraingp.com.bh/about-bahrain.html about Bahrain

http://www.bahrainweather.com as I am a weather forecaster lool

Hope you will have a pleasant stay
433rwhp/420rwtq old time 11.5E.T N/A with 150shot 10.52E.T@208KMH
NOS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
Launching!

where is Bahrain location wise?
Bottom line, a CHEAP drag car, that guzzles gas ferociously and is completly un-streetable. Also it must be obnoxiously loud, I mean like makes small children cry LOUD.
LSWaaa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #8
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSWaaa?
where is Bahrain location wise?
it is located 20 miles from the eastern province of Saudia arabia . it called the Kingdom of Bahrain and its really a small island with almost a 1.5 million of population.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:03 AM   #9
TECH Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to LT1BRN Send a message via Yahoo to LT1BRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock_bigblock
it is located 20 miles from the eastern province of Saudia arabia . it called the Kingdom of Bahrain and its really a small island with almost a 1.5 million of population.

actually is 750k, sorry I didn't see this thread before.

I'm local and I've been here my whole life, Bahrain is a nice place if you're not Bahrain and don't care for politics, other than that its easy going, life is pretty cheap, you can go end to end in about 20min+15min traffic.

people here are as friendly as it gets, willing to help all the time, don't believe anything you hear about aggressiveness and what not, we don't have that, well, at least to against navy personal,haha, you will enjoy it if heat is not a problem to you.

baby Cam |LT's| Magna Flow| Ory | BBK 58mm TB | Moroso CAI |TCI verter|BMR Boxed SFC's|BMR Xtreme Torque Arm|BMR PNH rod|BMR LCA’s|Front Qa1 shocks|QA1 front springs|QA1 rear shocks |
LT1BRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:08 AM   #10
On The Tree

Hi,

I've visited Bahrain a few times.... I thought it was great. The most recent visit was for the F1 Grand Prix in 2005.

There is plenty of things to do.... and so many resturants. I wouldn't want to live there for too many years, but 2 or 3 would be fine.

I think you'll enjoy it if your psoted there.

UKCamaroSS
'00 Camaro SS, Black, M6, SLP Loudmouth, BMR Strut Brace, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Torque Arm, Strano 35 Hollow Front & BMR 21 Solid Rear Sway Bar's, Koni SA Shocks, Strano springs, LG Aluminum Race Panhard rod, LG Aluminum Race Lower Control Arms, LG Adjustable Upper Control Arms, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Lou's Short Stick, LG Air lid, Holley Air Filter, HP Tuners, Skip Shift delete, Alpine Headunit & Focal Speakers, Black Halo's, 18" x 10" CCW 505A's. SS # CO32.
UKCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:11 AM   #11
TECH Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to LT1BRN Send a message via Yahoo to LT1BRN

May people came to Bahrain wanting to stay for 2 or 3 years, and the end up living here for the rest of thier lifes, its a nice place to be in, and the fact that its safe at any time of the day, any where in the country makes many people decide on having thier kids studdy and live thier first few years here.

did i mention that we dont pay any kind of tax?

baby Cam |LT's| Magna Flow| Ory | BBK 58mm TB | Moroso CAI |TCI verter|BMR Boxed SFC's|BMR Xtreme Torque Arm|BMR PNH rod|BMR LCA’s|Front Qa1 shocks|QA1 front springs|QA1 rear shocks |
LT1BRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:11 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement