Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Whattup from west Texas

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whattup from west Texas

Well, this is a little late, but here's my introduction thread. I joined the site more than 2 months ago, because of a group buy deal on headers for LS4 front drives. The people on here seem pretty cool, so I'll stick around. Look in my signature for info on my car.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wat part of west texas are you from? you got any pics of your car?
Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

I live in Odessa. Here are a few pics. I'll have more when the exhaust stuff is done.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Clean looking ride, maybe I'll see you on the streets one of these days.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I sincerely hope you DO see me driving my car around, and SOON. Three Sundays ago, the transmission took a big, fat, dump on me. As of tomorrow, my car will have been sitting at All American Chevrolet, for 3 weeks. I'm also getting the ISS replaced, and the keyless entry module. It's all under warranty, but I miss my car terribly. I'm sure you understand. Is that red Firebird/TA in your avatar pic your only vehicle?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 PM

new here as well im from midland about to buy my first ls1!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by westtexastiger
Thanks. I sincerely hope you DO see me driving my car around, and SOON. Three Sundays ago, the transmission took a big, fat, dump on me. As of tomorrow, my car will have been sitting at All American Chevrolet, for 3 weeks. I'm also getting the ISS replaced, and the keyless entry module. It's all under warranty, but I miss my car terribly. I'm sure you understand. Is that red Firebird/TA in your avatar pic your only vehicle?
I understand for sure, had my car in the shop a few times, mostly performance upgrades so your waiting time is more than likely worse than mine was. Other than my TA I also have an '08 white GMC sierra single cab shortbed with 22's, billet grille and black bed stripes. Good luck with your car hope everything turns out okay.

Ivan
Old 03-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96transamws6
new here as well im from midland about to buy my first ls1!!!!
Congratulations, when you do buy it post some pics we would like to check it out. You going with an F-body for your first LS-1?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by REDDRAGON14
I understand for sure, had my car in the shop a few times, mostly performance upgrades so your waiting time is more than likely worse than mine was. Other than my TA I also have an '08 white GMC sierra single cab shortbed with 22's, billet grille and black bed stripes. Good luck with your car hope everything turns out okay.

Ivan
Yeah, it sucks. It should all be covered under warranty, and at best this is a minor inconvenience, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I like that vintage TA better than the 4th gen Camaro, to be honest. The TA hood just makes it look mean, and that is awesome. However, I like Mustangs a lot more than I like F-bodies, but I do like F-bodies. For looks, I prefer the 87-93 hatchback Mustangs. I've got a dream project in mind for one of those year model Mustangs. I do like the latest body style of Mustangs and certainly wouldn't mind owning one, but I'd take an 87-93 hatchback first.

As far as trucks go, I am a Ford truck man, through and through. Nothing will change that. There are some nice looks GM trucks around, but I'd never buy one. I have owned a '90 F-150 and a '93 Lightning, in the past. Now I have a '97 F-150. It's a single cab short bed, with a V6. I bought the truck knowing I'd need to put a new engine in it. That V6 has a BAD rod knock, and I don't think it would make it to the end of the block under it's own power. So, I'll eventually swap in a V8. It'll be an incredible amount of work, but worth it, in the end. I've also started acquiring interior pieces from a Harley Edition F-150. I love those black leather interiors, and I'll eventually do a conversion on that. I'd love to see some pics of your car, and what all you've done to it.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:09 PM

going with a f-body... it will need some work...but i love the color and it def. has potential
Old 03-23-2010, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Welcome here dude. I like the new caprice that the cops are getting. 6 liter and rear drive.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by westtexastiger
Yeah, it sucks. It should all be covered under warranty, and at best this is a minor inconvenience, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I like that vintage TA better than the 4th gen Camaro, to be honest. The TA hood just makes it look mean, and that is awesome. However, I like Mustangs a lot more than I like F-bodies, but I do like F-bodies. For looks, I prefer the 87-93 hatchback Mustangs. I've got a dream project in mind for one of those year model Mustangs. I do like the latest body style of Mustangs and certainly wouldn't mind owning one, but I'd take an 87-93 hatchback first.

As far as trucks go, I am a Ford truck man, through and through. Nothing will change that. There are some nice looks GM trucks around, but I'd never buy one. I have owned a '90 F-150 and a '93 Lightning, in the past. Now I have a '97 F-150. It's a single cab short bed, with a V6. I bought the truck knowing I'd need to put a new engine in it. That V6 has a BAD rod knock, and I don't think it would make it to the end of the block under it's own power. So, I'll eventually swap in a V8. It'll be an incredible amount of work, but worth it, in the end. I've also started acquiring interior pieces from a Harley Edition F-150. I love those black leather interiors, and I'll eventually do a conversion on that. I'd love to see some pics of your car, and what all you've done to it.

Good luck with your V-8 swap, I've always owned GM but I wouldn't quite say I will never own anything else if a good oppurtinity drops by. Well as a matter of fact I owned a Chrysler concorde for a few months until I passed it on to my brother who at the moment needed it more than I did. The concorde looked and rode pretty good.
Not too many pictures of my car but I do have a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqoycEZu-oM
Old 03-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

I didn't mean to imply that I won't buy any other GM product. I prefer GM passenger cars over Ford's passenger cars. I just wouldn't buy a GM truck. I've driven one here and there, and I'm just not impressed. That's just my personal opinion.

There are several GM projects that I'd love to mess with, but I want to get my truck done, and I want to do a Fox-body Mustang, first.

That car is awesome. Excellent work.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

On another note, got my car back Wednesday afternoon!