Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Z28, coming from a DSM

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Z28, coming from a DSM

Hey all, it's 2am and I literally just got back from Chicago(4 hour drive) with my new car.

I'm kind of a returning f-body owner but honestly when I had my last one I really wasn't into doing much with it other than driving it and cruising it - was just a 91 WS6 Formula 350 TPI.

Anyways I've mainly been into the import scene for awhile and messing with DSM's. I have DSM blood in my veins, it'll be there - down the road I hope to get another one and slowly build it over time and turn it into a full strip car.
My talon I had ran a best time of 12.701@107mph. I had cams/springs/retainers/lifters & injectors all ready to go in over winter to raise the boost to around 26-28psi and have the car tuned on E85 by AMS, as my tuning on 93 octane was mediocre at best.

Anyways, as for now - I sold my 92 Talon last wednesday for $4800 and started looking at new possibilities. I was thinking on getting a WRX or perhaps even an LT1 for around 4k and getting a Lloyd Elliot heads/cam package for it..

Anyways I stumbled across an ad with like no description for a 99 z28 tuesday night, next thing I know at about 7pm Wednesday I bought it after driving 4 hours up for it.

Anyway, I picked it up. 6speed, clean body/interior. Bone stock down to the exhaust, 134k, t-tops, pretty much fully optioned, ac/heat all work great. Only a couple minor issues that I'll be fixing - coolant level sensor is bad, , and shifter is loose (as in the **** & handle is loose, doesnt really affect driving, just something I'm **** about)

I'm really **** about keeping my cars clean from the exterior down to the engine bay, so I'm really not sure I even want to post the pics yet since I just got done driving 4 hours splatting bugs all the way haha - but whatever. These are also bad shots not only because its dirty but because the only lighting at 1:30am was my camera's flash which makes the car look even worse.

Here she is.

Edit: Daytime pics added

Well thats it, I'll have some much nicer pictures tomorrow after I clean it up.

For anyone interested heres my talon I sold, I honestly regret selling it.. I miss it a lot, I loved that car despite the fact it spent more time broken than running. A lot of hours/time/money on that car, and I'll be hard pressed to find one as clean again.

And my 91 Formula, was tons of fun.. extremely reliable too.

And heres my BEAST, my $800 48mpg 235k miles daily driver, it's wicked fast, runs 6's..

Anyways, that's about it.
I've had quite a few cars in my past, some didnt last long.
First car was a 1992 plymouth laser, learned about DSM's and got interested but I only had a 1.8L so I couldnt do much. Blew up clutch and got a grand am, wrecked it and got an alero. Financed a v6 mustang, sold alero and payed off all but 2k on the mustang, sold it for 4800 and picked up my firebird with the leftover money, starting learning how to work on cars and got my laser fixed. Financed for my talon, sold my firebird in april and payed it off. Bought a 95 Subaru SVX for $1900, REALLY nice car, sold it a month later for $2700. Sold my Laser for $800, just leaked oil and had a couple issues, was a good car for $800 i think.

Anyways, I'm a pic *****.
I'm already enjoying my camaro a lot, although I'm already considering fixing the little issues, and seeing if I can sell it near graduation time next year for a profit.. but I honestly am thinking that a bit more seat time in it and I won't want to let it go, especially since I already ordered my new exhaust haha.

We'll see, glad to be a part of the site - I learned 90% of what I knew about DSM's from DSMTuners, and I'm sure I'll be learning the same about LS1's from here!

Last edited by CheezyZ28; 09-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Teching In

added some day time pics to original post, still haven't washed it due to it was looking like rain and did rain. Going to do a good cleaning tonight
Old 09-24-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

sweet looking ride.... welcome to the darkside lmao
Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice looking car man
Old 09-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CheezyZ28

I'm already enjoying my camaro a lot, although I'm already considering fixing the little issues, and seeing if I can sell it near graduation time next year for a profit.. but I honestly am thinking that a bit more seat time in it and I won't want to let it go, especially since I already ordered my new exhaust haha.
I just bought my Z28 about 7 weeks ago and was going through the exact same thing. I was questioning if I made a good purchase, etc. but after driving it around I knew I found a keeper

Mine *was bone stock as well, and like you, I had to ditch the rectangular shitty Z28 exhaust immediately!!!

Great find, and enjoy the car!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a great deal man, congrats!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

nice to see you on here lol
Old 09-25-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like you got an awesome deal! You'll love the ls1
Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 AM
9 Second Club

Nice car. 12's aren't anything special with these cars, so get ready to hit them alot, lol. I hit mid 12's when i just had bolt on's.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

That was a steal man. Car looks like you could eat off the floor!