Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS1T

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1T

New guy from Bham, AL.

02 Z06
Comp Cam
Dougs Headers
Fast 102
Nick Williams 102 TB
BBC intake
LM1s no cats(loud)
made 445 on a Dynocom with eddie brake %15 brake
F1-R procharger going in next week!

05 CTSV
PRC heads
LSA 111 cam
Long tubes
Magnaflows
HPtuners
Mcloud short shifter
Rear diff brace kit
H&R springs
K&N CAI
Thinking about going with a TVS blower but really want to sell or trade this car. I love it but I need a truck or Id love a TBSS!

Nice to be here and looking forward to contributing to the site!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Good to see you on another site besides ars.Let me know when the next meet is would like to meet some more ls people around the ham
Old 12-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome. Sweet rides man!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have some nice cars there man. How does that V stack up against your Vette? Any why not go with gloss wheels on the Vette?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thehazz12
You have some nice cars there man. How does that V stack up against your Vette? Any why not go with gloss wheels on the Vette?
The V cant compete. Its just not happening. Too heavy and sluggish. I love the flat Black on the Vette. I dont know it just looked more appealing to me.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by EkDream
The V cant compete. Its just not happening. Too heavy and sluggish. I love the flat Black on the Vette. I dont know it just looked more appealing to me.
Was '05 before they starting supercharging them? Still looks good...just curious. Have you had the Vette at the track?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Was '05 before they starting supercharging them? Still looks good...just curious. Have you had the Vette at the track?
yea 04-05 had the ls6 didnt go to the charged lsa till 09 i believe. My friend used to have an 04, still pretty quick and looked awesome.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cchesser1990
yea 04-05 had the ls6 didnt go to the charged lsa till 09 i believe. My friend used to have an 04, still pretty quick and looked awesome.
Yeah they're still awesome cars. It's nice to have a quick car that's extremely luxurious and comfortable. I guess they're kinda like the new GTOs but with an even better interior. I went to the Autoshow here in STL last winter whenever it was and had a chance to sit in the new V Wagon. That was awesome! So sporty and comfortable. If I were to get one of the new Vs that's the one I would get. I just think it would be awesome to say "I have a 600hp wagon with a 6 speed gearbox". And it's not like they don't perform. If I remember correctly they actually beat out the coupes around the track due to better weight distribution and were only like .1 slower on the strip? If that's correct, that's damn impressive.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Yeah they're still awesome cars. It's nice to have a quick car that's extremely luxurious and comfortable. I guess they're kinda like the new GTOs but with an even better interior. I went to the Autoshow here in STL last winter whenever it was and had a chance to sit in the new V Wagon. That was awesome! So sporty and comfortable. If I were to get one of the new Vs that's the one I would get. I just think it would be awesome to say "I have a 600hp wagon with a 6 speed gearbox". And it's not like they don't perform. If I remember correctly they actually beat out the coupes around the track due to better weight distribution and were only like .1 slower on the strip? If that's correct, that's damn impressive.
I agree it is nice to have a quick and comfortable car, thats why I have the SRT lol comfy seats, roomy and 425 horsepower stock. Horrible on gas, but who cares.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cchesser1990
I agree it is nice to have a quick and comfortable car, thats why I have the SRT lol comfy seats, roomy and 425 horsepower stock. Horrible on gas, but who cares.
That's what I like about the m6 in my goat. Don't get me wrong, my MPGs are nothing to brag about, but the manual definitely makes a difference. The interior and comfort level of the goat is matched by few other cars on the road. The goat is my fast, comfortable car. The '81 Camaro I'm building will most likely be much less comfortable with the race seats, harness, and roll bar, but I'm hoping to retain enough comfort to be able to take it on the Power Tour in 2013.