Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi everyone, new to the site!!! TA-LOVING girl looking to drop some chip on mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hi everyone, new to the site!!! TA-LOVING girl looking to drop some chip on mods

Hi there! Glad to be here... I am in love with my car. I have a Trans-Am Ram Air WS-6 he's fast as #$@^ and if I'm having a bad day, all I need to do is get in my car (his name is "T-REX") and it instantly becomes a hot day lol!!

Seriously, I had another WS-6 a few years back, 2002. Same color - pewter. I am and always will be a TA afficionado. I have so many questions, but not quite sure where to start. Please - any advice and guidance would be mucho appreciated. How do I post pix on this site?

Here is what I want some advice or suggestions/input on. The first mod I'm officially doing to my TA since I bought it from a private owner is GEARS. Throwing out some words here --- 3.73 GM 2800 Stall....

And of course a lifetime dyno tune to start it all off well.

I'm from the great state of Texas, where you can wear shorts and cut-off t-shirts for about 10 months out of the year. Love my T-Tops.

LOVE MY CAR!!!! GLAD to be here

Bring it! Suggestion/mod recommendation box now open

Thanks everyone

Gabriele

this site rocks

Last edited by Hanabi; 01-19-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: want to add signature, if it didn't work can you PLS??
Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 AM

Default OK here is my pic and my signature

Oopsie! Shoulda done this BEFORE I did my introductory post..
Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site haha gotta respect a woman who loves her fbodyz. Good mods ta start with anything else done to the car? I honestly think the 2800 will get old to ya after awhile f your gonna spend the time and money putting it in id go 3400-3600. And 3.73 are a great choice for an auto car
Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by etrain783
Welcome to the site haha gotta respect a woman who loves her fbodyz. Good mods ta start with anything else done to the car? I honestly think the 2800 will get old to ya after awhile f your gonna spend the time and money putting it in id go 3400-3600. And 3.73 are a great choice for an auto car
Thanks!!! OK, you are reading me right. I raced a vette down the beltway on Thanksgiving day, 145mph was the avg and it was a blast.... Grinning mischieviously. See I do it cuz I can. And I wouldn't have it any other way. But I'm kicking off a 'mod festival', thanks for the vote of confidence on my first official mod - excellent
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 AM

Question I've got this DOWN!

Question: Cold air intake: SLP or MTI??
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Its kinda your own preferance a lid is a lid cause air still comes in the same way.... do ya got a ws6 or a base trans am? If ya got a ws6 go open filter setup from k&n. I got the slp lid with the ram air and smooth bellow love it. I have a 02 z so the slp ram air works good
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 AM

Smile

Its kinda your own preferance a lid is a lid cause air still comes in the same way.... do ya got a ws6 or a base trans am? If ya got a ws6 go open filter setup from k&n. I got the slp lid with the ram air and smooth bellow love it. I have a 02 z so the slp ram air works good
cool thx for the tip. Yes my hot rod is a WS6. I already have a cat back, it 's Borla, then HID 8K on low beams and 10K 880s for the fogs.

I love the way he growls I could ride in him all day every day and never get tired of it! And I could hand wash him every day too. HE ROCKS.

One of my buddies told me i could also get some washers and raise the intake by however much just so that it is snug to the hood... gets more air in there.

Yes I had the K&N filter setup on my 02 WS6. This one is almost exactly the same but for the year '99 and prob other stuff i am not cool enough to know right off the top of my head just yet! hahaha but WAIT! Just you watch. I want to have my modification huge paragraph (!!! yea!!!) roll off my tongue like i was always meant to speak that way. Baby steps baby steps. I'm in it to win it though, and when i set my mind to something there is no way i'm going to give up or do it half-***!!

thanks ! keep 'em coming. I'm planning on dropping who cares how much i just know what i want the end result to be... then he, T-Rex, my hot rod, will be worth his weight in gold, to me
Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Hahahah youll get better lolol. Borla is sick just throwsome good long tubes on there and hell be breathing sooooo much better. Pumped ya love yours soo much glad to see someone treating an fbody soo nice
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

You can create an album and people can view your profile ta see it theres other ways to post pics not sure how
Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Welcome
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Default Mods

Call Texas Speed & Performance. They have the most reasonable Stainless Steel 1-7/8" long tube headers with there off road Y pipe. 3.73 gears is good. Call Yank for stall. TS&P will sale you a tune also. They will change the shift points also in the tune. Torque arm is next. Good luck.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:35 AM

Cool

Hahahah youll get better lolol. Borla is sick just throwsome good long tubes on there and hell be breathing sooooo much better. Pumped ya love yours soo much glad to see someone treating an fbody soo nice
Thanks!!! I AM pumped about my G-Ride, and I don't think that feeling is going anywhere. Ever. As a matter-of-fact, it's just going to get bigger and better!

I think I figured out the pix partially, I see I created 2 albums and I have my HID fogs up-close and personal. I have actually gone to 10K now so that pic is OUTDATED... I want to be saying that a lot. The only way to go is up. I'm really psyched
Attached Thumbnails Hi everyone, new to the site!!! TA-LOVING girl looking to drop some chip on mods-work-don-t-wish.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hi everyone, new to the site!!! TA-LOVING girl looking to drop some chip on mods