Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally got my toy...'88 Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my toy...'88 Monte Carlo SS

Hello all!!

I've been lurking in the background for months, while I was hunting for my new toy...'88 Monte Carlo SS. I'm very impressed by some of the builds that I've seen on here. I was dead set on building a Chevy 572...until I saw how easy it is to adapt the LS into...well, anything..lol!!! So now, I'm leaning more towards an LS7. Close to the same power, but a lot less weight! Still doing my research to make sure this is the way I want to go...??

If I go the LS rout, I'm sure once I get started on my build...I'll be asking lots of questions! Thanks in advance...

Russel
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Good luck in ur build. That's one of my favorite rides. Can't wait to see how it comes out. I'm currently building a 6.0 iron block in my IRoc-Z. The SS was my second choice if I wasn't going to do this.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Launching!

welcome that should be a fun build for sure i thaught about going monte but came across my malibu for cheap, you can check out my facebook lots of pics enjoy
Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 3GZJerry
Good luck in ur build. That's one of my favorite rides. Can't wait to see how it comes out. I'm currently building a 6.0 iron block in my IRoc-Z. The SS was my second choice if I wasn't going to do this.
Thank you...since the Monte's L69 is still running pretty good, I'll probably wait until this winter to start on my build. It's only got 66,xxx miles on it. Might as well enjoy the "T"tops while its warm out! Plus...I can beat the crap out of the L69 and use up the new tires the old owner just put on lol!!

That's funny...a Camrao was my second pick! I love the IRoc-Z's. My dad had one when I was in high school.

Good luck with your 6.0L!

Originally Posted by 78buturbo
welcome that should be a fun build for sure i thaught about going monte but came across my malibu for cheap, you can check out my facebook lots of pics enjoy
Thanks for the "welcome"! Yes, it's funny how money can dicta what project we build. I looked at your Facebook...Wow! I have a buddy that's into drag racing...I love it and would do it also...but its just too much money for me! I would have to give up some of my other toys!

Good luck at the races...
Old 08-08-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Another G-body fan
Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to have an LS engine in my '87. Not going to happen since it is all original, but what a quick beast it would be. Here is my 305 H.O. on the Tail of the Dragon on the NC/TN line. Click on the photos to enlarge several times if you like.

Attachment 413110

Attachment 413111

Last edited by NC01TA; 10-03-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Another G-body fan
Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to have an LS engine in my '87. Not going to happen since it is all original, but what a quick beast it would be. Here is my 305 H.O. on the Tail of the Dragon on the NC/TN line. Click on the photos to enlarge several times if you like.
Wow...very nice SS! Mines all original too. My plan is to take out the L69, rebuild it and just let it sit on an engine stand in the garage. That way, if I ever want to go back all original...I'll have to motor all ready to go.

Meanwhile...I nice LS motor will be fun to play with!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a swap on mine and can try to help with any questions you may have. Another site I am on and you should check out is www.montecarloss.com there is a few people over there with LS swaps done as well.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by N20zuki
I did a swap on mine and can try to help with any questions you may have. Another site I am on and you should check out is www.montecarloss.com there is a few people over there with LS swaps done as well.
Hey, thank you very much for the offer. I'm sure I'll need the help! What LS motor did you use...year?? And what transmission??

Also, I'll check out that site right now...thanks for the heads up!

Never mind...I see your signature now...5.3 w/ the 6 speed! Nice combo!!

Last edited by RusselBadSS; 08-08-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Didn't see signature...answered my own question! Duh!!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Welcome!! Just got my ls1 swapped in my GP.. I hope later to upgrade it or do a 6.0 build but for now it's a lot of fun! here is my build thread on a another forum,
http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?...7#.UghOZvvnbmI
Old 08-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 85GPLEf41
Welcome!! Just got my ls1 swapped in my GP.. I hope later to upgrade it or do a 6.0 build but for now it's a lot of fun! here is my build thread on a another forum,
http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?...7#.UghOZvvnbmI
Thank you for sharing your build with me. Also showing me another forum...I hadn't been on that forum...just that much more info. Great job on your build, by the way!

Quick Reply: Finally got my toy...'88 Monte Carlo SS