Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

'02 Trans Am WS6 BlackBird

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking '02 Trans Am WS6 BlackBird

Hi there, let me introduce myself as a new member at LS1Tech forums, my name is Slavko, I am from Illinois, I am currently the proud owner of a very rare gem. If you guys skip reading this you will see it’s a 2002 Black Trans am, well, it’s not just a regular T/A it’s a Blackbird. The paint job is in great condition, I'm not too crazy about the chickens, but I couldn't let the opportunity pass me for owning an amazing vehicle like this. I've always dreamed about owning a muscle car from this era. My dream car was an '03 Cobra, but as time went so did this expensive dream. The dream however resurfaced when I started watching videos of Trans Am's on YouTube specifically esamsiam’s channel (is he on the forum?). My initial plan was to buy a regular WS6. I was so close to buying a roller and slapping it together with an lq9 engine, but was stirred away when I saw this gem 250 miles away from me. At first I didn't know the car was a blackbird, I just thought it was a regular modded black Trans am that the person just gave it the name. I didn't really take notice of it until I started reading more about Trans am’s, I wanted to know every fault in the car I wanted to make a street beast. Looking for these faults I came across a forum that spoke about some kind of Blackbird. I was sure I saw this term somewhere before. Going back to the vehicles AD I saw that it was one. I knew right away this is a collector’s car and I will have to own it. I know that the car was painted and that does affect the value of it, but the car fax of the vehicle is crystal clear and phenomenal. I spoke to all previous owners about it and they were polite enough to provide me with all the information about the car. I was helped by another owner of a Blackbird to find the information of the vehicle. So I am pleased to finally say I own a 1 of 50 vehicles. I drove 250 miles one way to pick up this ride and it was a nice one, had some bonding time with the old man. Hopefully it will be my garage queen like my former beast, my still beloved and completely restored, Yugo GVX. One of my biggest regrets was selling her. The Blackbird will now take its place and sit in my garage, get started regularly, and taken care of like the car should be. Soon I will be on the lookout for a (preferably ’02 [must be manual]) T/A WS6 roller near IL to pick up and build since I can’t build this one up. This car has 380hp and 400tq, but im not sure if that is to the flywheel or wheels. My good friend and owner of a newly opening shop called Zima Motorsports will arrange a dyno day for my car when it’s nice outside. This is my first LS1 car it’s fun, but the Pirellis SUUUCK!! Oh and the car has under 29k miles.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a great looking car man!
What part of Illinois are you from?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Teching In

I PM'd you my location. Thank you for the comment and view! You have an amazing car as well!!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely hang on to this one. I feel like this, the firehawks, and a few of the specialty Camaros will be the only 4th gens worth anything collector wise.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Teching In

I'd like to see a better pic of the design on the hood, lookin' good. Grats on the car.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 AM
8 Second Club

Welcome to the show!

That's a nice ride you have there!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Teching In

The hood was professionally airbrushed and the car will be receiving a nice buff in the spring time to make it shine. Thank you all for the compliments!

Old 02-12-2014, 02:45 PM
8 Second Club

omg I love that hood! It's so unique
Old 02-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Welcome and nice car!

________
99 Trans Am WS6 M6
Old 02-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks

Last edited by Slavko; 01-17-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: '02 Trans Am WS6 BlackBird