Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

I'm new

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new

Just seeing how this works. I have a 2014ss getting read of it and just looking for the right t/a now. Been reading about engine swaps that's the 1st thing that's on my list. But haven't read a real answer to a question yet. If you have a t/a 2000 model and you wanted to swap to a better engine but with out the hassle of completely redoing the car, what's that's if there is. What's the best way to go?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Teching In

I am not really sure what is the question, you own a 14ss and a 00ta and want to do a swap in one?
Old 06-10-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vmack
I am not really sure what is the question, you own a 14ss and a 00ta and want to do a swap in one?
No I'm getting read of the 14ss and getting a 00ta. The ss sucks horribly broke it several times and only has 15k miles. I'm getting a 00ta. And I know I will not like the factory ls1. I've had 4 of them. Just wanting to know what would be the best crate engine to put in the 00ta with out a bunch of fabrication Manly just want to plug and play
Old 06-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Teching In

What are looking for from the ta? hp ? 1/4 mile times? Also if you don't mind me asking what is failing on the 14?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:45 PM

Default I'm new

Looking for just hp I like cruising and if I happen to see a gt beside me I like to bust there ***. The ss. I broke the axel at 1500 miles. Got it new by the way. Then burnt the clutch screwed up the pressure plate and warped the flywheel. Got that fixed. 500 miles later it all needs replaced again
Old 06-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Teching In

imo I would stick wit the ss and upgrade the clutch and axels and then you already have a big hp whip.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtyta
Looking for just hp I like cruising and if I happen to see a gt beside me I like to bust there ***. The ss. I broke the axel at 1500 miles. Got it new by the way. Then burnt the clutch screwed up the pressure plate and warped the flywheel. Got that fixed. 500 miles later it all needs replaced again
Why would you not like the factory LS1, opposed to a crate engine?
You know you can modify the LS1 for WAY cheaper to make more power than buying a new engine and swapping it in right?
Also a bone stock LS1 is more than enough to handle any pre-coyote powered Mustang GT. With full bolt-ons you can walk away from a stock Coyote Mustang as well...
Old 06-11-2015, 02:44 PM

Well I do like the ls3 with just a tune and disabling all torque Mang. It runs pretty good that's why I'm busting it up all the time. And I agree the ls1 is good. But if I were to bolt on to my ls3 **** the car wouldn't even make it too town. I loved my ta's I really regret letting the last one go. Did all the bolt ons. I'm just wondering if there is a better motor that I can swap the ls1 out with that won't require a lot of refab I'm not that kind of guy I can take off and replace **** all day but making new and problem solving I don't have the talent for that stuff
Old 06-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Teching In

Are you breaking stock parts?

Quick Reply: I'm new