Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from Houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Houston

Been turning wrenches since 1978 ,older than most of you guy ,so cut me some slack😀 Just went from a 02 S2000 to 02 corvette ! What a up grade😎😎😎just put diblo sport tuner on what big difference ,playing with the fuel trim now, not sure if I'm going to pony up for the deblew tune yet or not ,I'm going to see how much I can dial it myself first 🔧🔧🔧🔧
Old 10-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

same here man...new ls1 owner out of htx as well.
i lurk mostly, but if you have a question these guys can answer it!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Welcome fellas. I am just North of you up in Spring. Glad to see some local Houston folks joining. Lots of great info here and tons of guys with a ton of knowledge.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Mike. What kind of power did you make with the combo in your sig?

"2002 Trans Am: TR 224/224 Cam,Kooks LT Headers & catted Y Pipe, Borla cat back, Yank 3600 Stall, SLP Lid, Founders SFC, Konis & Eibachs-Sold"
Old 10-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z twenty h8
Thanks Mike. What kind of power did you make with the combo in your sig?

"2002 Trans Am: TR 224/224 Cam,Kooks LT Headers & catted Y Pipe, Borla cat back, Yank 3600 Stall, SLP Lid, Founders SFC, Konis & Eibachs-Sold"
To be honest I cant remember the exact #'s. The only time it was on the dyno was when it was initially tuned. It was in the 370-375 whp range. I have the sheet laying around somewhere. Made really good power under the curve for what it was though. Hoping to be about 80-100 whp over that with the new car.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:31 PM

Default Nice to here some feed back

Actually I'm in spring tx myself,just finished taking a oxygen acetylene torch to the mufflers and cut out the baffle and Dug out all the fiberglass ,man talk about a big difference in the power at low end,when I got this vette it would not even break the tires lose 😣Now with a cold air intake ,diblo sport tuner ,160degree theromostat ,bypassed throttle body,it will light up the tires😎:Very happy with results so far could never could get results like that with my s2000' look forward to dialing in the tune with this Diablo sport ,any of you guys had any exerperance with programmers ? This is my first🔧🔧🔧🔧Louis the new guy with the c5 😎
Old 10-14-2015, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Unfortunately I don't. Gonna have Pat G do my tune. That guy have forgot more about LS tuning than I know. There are lots of guys on here though that should be able to help. What side of Spring are you on?
Old 10-15-2015, 10:37 PM

Hi mike ,Louis here ,i live in cypresswood, the south side of i45,maybe we could hookup sometime ,do you ever go to the car show they have every month off loutta in the Sears parking lot,lots of nice rides always show��Got to put the front bumper back on my s2000 this weekend ,had to glass it back togetherand throw a paint job on it ,man that paint and harder are expensive,,took a hit in the parking lot and have to make it look descent to sell have a good one ,Louis the vette guy��

Quick Reply: New guy from Houston