Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just grabbed a fistful of Imports, DFW racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just grabbed a fistful of Imports, DFW racing

Good God, I can't believe the crazy amount of stuff around here that just wants to race you if your in anything that looks like it can return the favor. I took the car out again tonight ( about 45 minutes ) and drove up DNT ( Dallas North Tollway ), saw a few things. So, deciding to go back home and tuck the bird into bed and what do you know ? As I turn onto Park Rd., close to Willow Bend Mall and DNT ( for those that know the area ) here comes a posse of Imports ( and I mean a posse ! ) There must have been 9 or 10 pretty sweet looking burners. I took a right onto Park and pulled up along side the last two imports and crack'd the exhaust a little bit ( I knew there would be no turning back if I did that ). Well, I proceed to bring the revs up a little bit when the light turns green just to see who is willing to bite on the proposition from the LTx ? Much to my amazement, about half of the pack sounded like a turbo symphony ! A couple of integra's (old school GSR's, two for sure with turbo's), one S4 (rims and exhaust), couple of civic hatchbacks and a real smooth looking Honda S2000 (black with gold volk's). The guy in the S2000 decides that the LTx is worthy of a little taste of the goods.

It all starts with the S2000 trying to get me to do a roll-on, we exchange quick revs back and forth for about a 1/4 of a block and can't seem to get lined up. We pull up to a stop light and he rolls his window down and says " I think your going to take me " I said, " who knows until we try " About that time we take off from the light and he kind of hangs back, and his buddy with the RED GSR (turbocharged) is making his blow-off valve go nutz at this point. So, I jump over to the middle lane and goose it in 2nd and the light in front of us turns red and we pull up as the first two cars (I'm surround by imports at this point, poor LTx) and he looks over and says " are you sure " and I just kind of chuckled' knowing I was just looking to have some fun either way. He told me it was making well above 350 hp, I said great ! It should be a pretty good race. We take off in first and kind of roll into it and POW, he nails it about 3500 rpms (my guess) and we are off ! I immediately put the death grip on him in first with the stump pulling torque of the LT1. Bang 2nd pull out hard core, crack 3rd start pulling a train on him and click 4th and get on the Wilwood's big time. After that he just said, no more.....

S2000 decides it's his turn and we both shift down into 1st at about my 3000 rpm range, he beeps the horn 3 times and we are off ! Smack 2nd pull out pretty strong, but his car seems to run real damn good. He held onto me through part of second and then when I got to the top off 2nd going into third I really started making ground. Got out of it at the top of third and called it a night. He pulled up to the light to go left and his buddy on my right. He commented on the bird ( saying it was one of the nicest LT cars he had seen in a long time, I gave him props likewise) and the buddy on the right commented similarily and said he liked the big brake kit. Once again I complimented him as well on his turbo'd GSR ( The car was truly a ultra clean import and I definitely thought it was pimp ). Everybody kind of went there separate ways. It felt good to take the car home tonight

Hope you enjoyed the lengthy commentation......

Night..
Old 10-12-2008, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you had some fun. Wish there were some cars like that around here to race.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:41 AM
TECH Regular

WOW! You actually race that car? That is the shocking part of it.LOL
Old 10-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, man DFW is street racing CENTRAL. If you want action that's where to get it in central TX.

Me and my GF were riding up from Austin a few weeks ago on a Friday evening around 10pm to her father's house in Plano to spend the weekend. I thought two guys racing in a couple of imports were going to run us off the interstate on I75 downtown DFW area. They were doing at LEAST 130mph. Pretty crazy...
Old 10-12-2008, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Confuzed, I have always raced this car, but it was in storage (3 + years) for so long I think most people thought it was a garage king.

Rubrignitz,
How does the 07' stang run, I've have not been able to find a race with a new stang. I hear the 07' & 08's run very good with a few mods ?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like DFW is a trip I need to make.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

It runs really good. I had an 01' LS1 Z and this car would ring it's neck I think. The 01' Z was just a daily driver, completely stock... I would have gotten another Z if they were available new in late 06' but went with the mustang instead. I've had a few 5.0 mustangs in the past and had to try the "highly-regarded" S197. lol! When I test drove the stang I wasn't impressed AT ALL but knew what these cars were capable of so I made the purchase. I've had the finances to put some money into the mustang and it really responds to everything you do to it. I've kind of hit a wall now unless I cam or supercharge it but it's enjoyable enough with ~320rwhp. Just came back up from the garage putting my catted mid-pipe back on (getting inspected next month and can't remember what it sounded like with the catted pipe, been over a year since I installed it), trying to adjust the entire exhaust system back in line. I think exhaust work is probably the most frustrating crap. The S97 mustangs have the fuel tank mid-car and getting the undercar bullet mufflers I have to align back up is a real PITA I'll go back down and finish up after a few beers to relieve the pressure .
Old 10-12-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Sounds like DFW is a trip I need to make.
See ya there Scott.

Oh, and HOOK 'EM!!!

If you think DFW street scene is huge you've never been to H-town. Every other red light I pulled up to the car next to me was loping.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
See ya there Scott.

Oh, and HOOK 'EM!!!

If you think DFW street scene is huge you've never been to H-town. Every other red light I pulled up to the car next to me was loping.
This is exactly why I'll be making a trip through texas after a few more mods. I'm going to mod, get a mailorder from TSP, drive it to tsp for a dyno, then go to DFW area to see my GF's mom, then go to south texas to Schlitterbahn. DFW and Htown, here I Come . Can't wait till next summer.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

I've been through Houston a lot too and you're right. I think any big city in central TX will have a HUGE performance car/racing contingent. Except maybe austin where I live... bunch of college kids and hippies around here, pretty weak.

It IS nice to live where the best college football team in the nation is. What a game yesterday! I moved here in early 05' and got spoiled quick with a nat'l championship. Then a letdown in 07' and this year WHO KNOWS!! Best NCAA football day yesterday I can remember. Hell I was rooting for the OK State cowboys last night. hook em!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
This is exactly why I'll be making a trip through texas after a few more mods. I'm going to mod, get a mailorder from TSP, drive it to tsp for a dyno, then go to DFW area to see my GF's mom, then go to south texas to Schlitterbahn. DFW and Htown, here I Come . Can't wait till next summer.
Give me a shout out when you head to Schlitterbahn. I'm right down the highway and would love to show another tech member around the area.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Give me a shout out when you head to Schlitterbahn. I'm right down the highway and would love to show another tech member around the area.
**** yea buddy. I can't wait to get away from racing the same 3 cars every week.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
**** yea buddy. I can't wait to get away from racing the same 3 cars every week.

if you bring the GSXR you would probably be a great run for my Cobra until I get a real tune on the damn thing
Old 10-12-2008, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Rubrignitz, Damn if your 07' is making 320 rwhp I would love to take a shot at it to see how I would do ? Let me know the next time your coming to the Plano / Frisco area.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Will do! I also work for the gov't in IT servicing the OK Division in OK city so I come through dallas on a regular basis.

I was going to come up for Dallas Mustang's open house http://www.dallasmustang.com/pages.php?pageid=26 this weekend but one of my co-workers from Dallas said it took him more than 7 hours to get back home after a Red River Rivlary weekend! I really wanted to make it up there.

I'll definitely PM you if I plan a trip!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Last night the was hot import nights event at the Dallas convention center. There was a fuckload of pretty nice imports out...lots of ricers too
Old 10-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Banned

Hey to the OP, good story. BTW, if you really wanna test the ole LT1 out Ill meet up with you next weekend and we can run em just for fun? Ill be going home on leave on Tuesday and will be out looking for action, shoot me a pm if you wanna meet up and go get some fried rice or eat some snake
Old 10-12-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Hey to the OP, good story. BTW, if you really wanna test the ole LT1 out Ill meet up with you next weekend and we can run em just for fun? Ill be going home on leave on Tuesday and will be out looking for action, shoot me a pm if you wanna meet up and go get some fried rice or eat some snake
Come try get some of this snake and I'll leave you chasing your tail
Old 10-12-2008, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

if you bring the GSXR you would probably be a great run for my Cobra until I get a real tune on the damn thing
Yeah i wanted to haul the bike down last time we went to cruise the streets.. that place looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully it's sold this week.. then on to bigger things

Black and gray liter bike here I come
Old 10-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

Come try get some of this snake and I'll leave you chasing your tail
Sounds like a dinner appointment, when and where my friend? A trip to Mexico might be in order
Pm me and well get something going.
-Jeremy