Sponsored by:

JPR's 1.5 flow numbers >

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 07:48 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JPR's 1.5 flow numbers >

Here are the newest flow numbers from our JPR 1.5 heads, they were tested on an upgraded SuperFlow “600” bench, all numbers corrected by FloCom @ 28". This particular example is an 853 car casting head.

.100 75
.200 148
.300 210
.400 255
.450 270
.500 281
.550 285
.600 290

Ferrea 2.02 1 piece stainless steel intake valve.
Stock exhaust valve but optional 1 piece exhaust.
10.5 compression or as high as 10.8-1.

Will show across the board power improvements from a stock cam all the way to the maximum suggested Thunder Racing 224 single pattern, we have turned 432/408 rwh on "BlackMajics" M6 Camaro SS and 411/387 through an A4 with this same set up and there are plenty more examples because we have been selling S1 heads for years. These are our upgraded S1 heads which are worry and trouble free since 1999, guaranteed quoted power increases if installed here by our trained professionals or your money back.

$1,094.99 with core returns due.

Joe Prince.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: JPR's 1.5 flow numbers >

That is a awesome price Joe.. 432/408 is sick out of Stage I setup..
Old 09-12-2003, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow awesome price Joe, im sure these heads will perform just like many stage 2 heads that are out there.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...guaranteed quoted power increases if installed here by our trained professionals or your money back.
Now that is a guarantee!

$1,094.99 with core returns due
Excellent price. Are 918 springs included?
Old 09-12-2003, 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran

great price and numbers.... its good to see heads for under 1500bucks these days!!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 05:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice numbers and guarantee.

Keep up the good work!
Old 09-13-2003, 06:07 AM
On The Tree

Wow! Great numbers, great price, great reputation -- what's not to like? You just made my choices for my spring heads/cam/headers/intake project more difficult.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

where is jpr located?
Old 09-13-2003, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

where is jpr located?
Southern Jersey
Old 09-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

NICE low lift numbers.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

"Stock exhaust valve but optional 1 piece exhaust."

Can someone explain what a 1 piece exhaust valve is? Maybe I'm just not reading this right.

Thanks,
Stupid
Old 09-13-2003, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are our upgraded S1 heads which are worry and trouble free since 1999, guaranteed quoted power increases if installed here by our trained professionals or your money back.

Joe Prince.
I want everyone who hasnt done an assload of headswaps before to read that before they buy anyone else's heads. Thats a rare, and serious commitment to consumer, and pretty damn cool in my book.

cant say I have a problem with the price either .

Its not an option for someone like me, who lives on the west coast.... But all you east coasters should think about this long and hard.

Nice work, Joe.

chris
Old 09-13-2003, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

very nice. that's a killer price. it's so hard to decide which heads to get. they all look sooooo good
Old 09-14-2003, 05:14 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How many with a Guarantee of advertised numbers or your money back if you have them installed by the tuner? I for one have never rec'd my money back for subpar performance after a vendor has told me something would work better..
Old 09-14-2003, 08:56 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where is jpr located?
Southern Jersey

What Exit? :p
Old 09-14-2003, 02:25 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

These are our upgraded S1 heads which are worry and trouble free since 1999, guaranteed quoted power increases if installed here by our trained professionals or your money back.

Joe Prince.
I want everyone who hasnt done an assload of headswaps before to read that before they buy anyone else's heads. Thats a rare, and serious commitment to consumer, and pretty damn cool in my book.

cant say I have a problem with the price either .

Its not an option for someone like me, who lives on the west coast.... But all you east coasters should think about this long and hard.

Nice work, Joe.

chris
[Long]

Thanks Chris and Vince, the reason why I can guarantee the power improvements on an single customer basis is for a couple reasons, the first is that we are VERY familiar with our H/C/Header combinations that our cylinder heads have been used in from mild to wild and I can quote accurately within 1-2% with no prob, I would be standing behind what THAT particular customer was quoted by me for there rear wheel improvement. #2, and allot of customers know how conservative I am with quoting power figures especially over the phone, for example, If I know for a fact I can hit 400 RWH with a car, I always quote 390 in change so it's not that I'm clairvoyant, I'm just conservative. The only installs we refuse to work on are SLP LT header cars, I won't work on them nor stand behind any estimated power output unless they want to upgrade to a set of MAC headers upon there installation. #3 I just find it a little strange that ALL of our in house installs have always been right on target if not better from the original quote, preparation has ALOT to do with that..

#1 Bolck prep.
#2 installing new intake gaskets.
#3 Preventative steps are followed to ensure a perfect head seal ie torque sequence.
#4 Rocker preload! this one drives me crazy because it could make or break a perfectly good build, we have inspected a few "home installs" that the rocker preload was off so badly that we can hear the customer approaching the shop from 2 blocks away for us to diagnose there ticking problem.
#5 Tuning is equally important and an edit dyno session is done immediately after the install, not the next week, but within that week if not sooner.
#6 All plug wires, TPS switch and injectors are OHM tested before they get installed back on the car.
#7 Spark plug heat ranges are abused for the most part, we install our preferred new spark plugs upon installation that work, (old plugs can be found in the trunk)
#8 Ensuring the TB goes to WOT.
#9 It's a given that the customer has an oil consumption problem right up front, if you would like the fix, tell us in advance and we will minimize it.
#10 Cam to crank dot-dot alignment never got one wrong yet.
#11 Inspecting all pistons and bores for abnormal wear or damage.

Anyway, sorry for the long reply but these are preventive steps that we take and are all very important points of interest to ensure longevity and power output.

We are primarily a 90% mail order shop of 3,000 sq feet, we do "special interest" installs for years but the walls have been creaking lately, we have plans to move to a larger 4,600 sq ft shop conveniently located to our owned shop on or about the 17th of next month to serve install customers better.

E-mail for directions or questions,
Thanks!
Joe Prince.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, great price!!
Old 09-14-2003, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally have never done this as routine. Its very easy to do... But why do you think it needs to be done every time the heads are swapped?

#9 It's a given that the customer has an oil consumption problem right up front, if you would like the fix, tell us in advance and we will minimize it.

Do you mind telling us what the solution is that works so well for you?

thanks,
Chris
Old 09-14-2003, 03:30 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

I personally have never done this as routine. Its very easy to do... But why do you think it needs to be done every time the heads are swapped?

Do you mind telling us what the solution is that works so well for you?

thanks,
Chris
Chris,
I always change the intake gaskets to avoid potential problems, "flattening", upon initial intake installation from the factory or other, the intake gaskets flatten out from torquing pressure and heat cycles, then, once you install a set of milled heads and re-install the intake with the old gaskets, the intake sealing area tends to leave a slight gap (not visible to the eye but to a feeler gague) Iv'e seen used intake manifold gaskets flattened to the point that there level to the intake manifold material and IMO won't seal accuratly in the upper injector area from what I have witnessed, but thats my fact based opinion.

Oil consumption can be relieved or cured doing 1 of 2 things, going directly to the Z06 valley pan or re-routing the factory LS1 breather / PCV plumbing . vague enough? lol!

Joe.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where are you guys located? Address preferably since its not on your website...and what are you hours of buisness? Id like to stop by and see what you can do for me like i had stated in another thread i was talking to the young man at atco about the pewter TA but cant remember his name and told him id be in touch.

Thanks
Bill

Quick Reply: JPR's 1.5 flow numbers >