LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Big fan! Lets see ur LS4

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Big fan! Lets see ur LS4

I love all LS4 cars, my favorite being the SS Monte Carlo followed by the Buick Lacrosse Super! How do you guys like your cars? what are the pros and cons to owning one? explain and post a pic of your machines plz =)
Old 10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Pros: Always been a big monte fan. So it is what I wanted.
The LS4 has enough power for me I dont go to the drag strip. Just an ocasional light to light run. Suprises people.
Plenty of room in front seats for tall people like me and the fam. just dont sit behind me no leg room there LOL. Long cruises are comfy. big *** trunk. I can fit two large suitcases a large dog crate, a whole bunch of other **** in there enough for two people and a large dog going on a two week vacation. and I dont even have to put the reare seat down. My dog likes the back seat as soon as he is in he falls a sleep.
Heated seats and xm are a plus too.

Cons: Chevy QC sucks. IIS problems, interior squeaks and rattles, electrical problems with air bags, power seats. I am prilly missin some but oh well.

here are some pics.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pros: Good DD. Enough power for me. Huge trunk as previously mentioned.
Cons: Could use a little more supportive seats. Interior rattles and squeeks. Too much interior plastic. Sure there's other things I don't feel like thinking right now.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Heres a pic of my GXP right after I picked it up.

Pros: Awesome V8 Sound, awesome suspension and brakes, looks badass
Cons: FWD

Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.eprowebdesigns.com/06Mont...06MonteSS.html

back end looks a little different from those pics tho... I've since changed the SS on the trunk to a bigger one - same size that goes on the doors...

and also now have new exhaust with bigger (4") slant tips on it...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

pontiacspeed...

Here are 3 pics of my '08 LaX Super at an unnamed auto show:

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/jpstax/17.jpg

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/jpstax/16.jpg

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/jpstax/15.jpg

Note: Two weeks after the car was built, my salesman kept calling the Oshawa plant to ask where the hell it was. He finally found out that the GM Performance Division team members had kept it for over a week (inspecting it from end to end) and mistakenly shipped it to a car show. They thought it was going to be a Buick "showcar", and eventually loaned out to some golf pros. After they realized their blunder, the car was immediately shipped to my dealership, where I took immediate possession. BTW, the GM exec who took the pics had copies sent to my salesman to give to me.

Last edited by jpstax; 10-16-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When i first was in the market for buying a car i had a choice of the charger , mustang , magnum , monte carlo. Due to the size of the vechicles and there power. I ended up choosing the monte carlo because i loved my previous ss a 02 MCSS 3800 SP and the fact that the 06mcss was faster then all of the above cars and its a chevy

CONS : As much time @ at the dealer as on the road.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

well ive always wanted my gxp i used to have a grand prix gt1 and i just wanted something nicer so i got that. honestly i wish i could do it over again, I'd buy a 03 mustang mach 1 much cheaper. the car is just too big for me. heres the pros and cons

Pros: fun, power, exhaust note, heads up display, wheels, somewhat good handling. all season reliabilty.

Cons: embarassing launches, cant just punch the pedals because you'll spin the tires (fwd sucks), too big for my liking, a pain in the *** to park, blind spots, not much headroom if you get a sunroof, aging w-body platform , lack of mods and expense of the decent ones. , summer tires , no top end acceleration, low end is nice though
Old 10-16-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigalnash
well ive always wanted my gxp i used to have a grand prix gt1 and i just wanted something nicer so i got that. honestly i wish i could do it over again, I'd buy a 03 mustang mach 1 much cheaper. the car is just too big for me. heres the pros and cons

Pros: fun, power, exhaust note, heads up display, wheels, somewhat good handling. all season reliabilty.

Cons: embarassing launches, cant just punch the pedals because you'll spin the tires (fwd sucks), too big for my liking, a pain in the *** to park, blind spots, not much headroom if you get a sunroof, aging w-body platform , lack of mods and expense of the decent ones. , summer tires , no top end acceleration, low end is nice though
Should of bought a monte carlo , but if you can't park a tiny GXP then you shoudn't be driving a monte carlo.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

The LS4 cars aren't even really "GM Performance Division" cars.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bigalnash

You have to adjust your driving style to fwd, i can lauch close to any RWD on the street. I'm sick of people saying these cars can't launch, NEWS FLASH! its not the car, u just can't drive a high horse power fwd car.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthV8
You have to adjust your driving style to fwd, i can lauch close to any RWD on the street. I'm sick of people saying these cars can't launch, NEWS FLASH! its not the car, u just can't drive a high horse power fwd car.
x2.....
Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Here is a few. I also have a 96 Grand Prix that I have owned for 10 years and loved it form first sight the same thing happend with the SS.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i found that i can just do half throttle than mash it at about 25 and i am good to go. a little chirp at 55 when i shift but thats it
Old 10-16-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My scrap pile doing what it does.... And it even has the RARE non polished wheel package :-)

Last edited by BADDLS1SS; 10-16-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Nice cars. Off topic here Bigboy3l, Nice dog, I've got a doberman also. Great dog breed.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 20SS07
The LS4 cars aren't even really "GM Performance Division" cars.
B.S. The Lax Super was developed by and the first 100 cars built under GMPD supervison. Here's a video with Jeff Boike, one of their engineers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBx4h1rDjwo
Old 10-16-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

some very nice shots in this thread!

pros: HUD!, V8, decent handling, it can do this
cons: a stock infiniti g35 3.5 v6 has more hp
Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthV8
Originally Posted by Sint3k
x2.....
x3...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpstax
B.S. The Lax Super was developed by and the first 100 cars built under GMPD supervison. Here's a video with Jeff Boike, one of their engineers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBx4h1rDjwo

http://www.gmperformancedivision.com...roduction.aspx

Never said they didn't have a hand in it. Doesn't mean it's an official GM Performance Division car though.

Quick Reply: Big fan! Lets see ur LS4