LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New best...... costly night however....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New best...... costly night however....

Went to the track yesterday with my 1995 LT1 Camaro.... Occasional street duty. Nitrous pro flow plate system. 383 cubic inch LT1, AFR 227's, single plane, solid roller, shaft rockers, TH400 and a Moser 9"...... stuff most of you guys already know....

Had a match race with a 408 ci LQ9 iron block LS1 with an NX direct port system. He has ETP All pro heads, beck sheetmetal intake... seriously beautiful piece...... Unfortunately I lost the race but not for any lack of power. I had to save the car instead of trying to win 500 bucks....

Earlier in the night during shakedown passes we posted a 6.06 1/8 mile and I shut the car down at 800', got on the brakes hard and ran a 9.54@130. Very conservative tune was in the XFI for this pass. My tuner told me full bore and with less delay that the car is capable of 5.80's with the same jetting...... the LS1 car on a few shakedowns went 6.17 in the 1/8 and was shutting it down due to lack of proper safety equipment to run full passes. He was going to run it all out on the last pass of the night to avoid getting booted...

Made some timing adjustments to set the car on kill and went out there for the grudge and then this happened....

http://salinasracing.com/videos/rast...e101808-HD.wmv

39MB download on a very fast server.... and it's in HD as well.....

This is also with limiters on the car set to allow like 3" of travel...... car is MAKING some serious power..... going to look into some more adjustments and possibly a switch to a powerglide to avoid the antics on the line..... Thanks again to Madman for the SYA bars.... It barely touched the header collectors, just a few dings, but did a nice job bending the madman rack which I think can be fixed... and the SYA bars were completely destroyed in the fray. I need to get the front wheels spun to make sure they aren't bent..... I lost 500 bucks but saved my 50,000 racecar..... So it was a night of ups and downs.... Ran a new best even though it was hard on the brakes 800' out.... Figure the 1/8 mile converts to like a high 9.3... And we're still creeping up on the nitrous..... We're going to fix what we bent, get the front end shored up and go out there and get the world record..... In a 3400 lb tank....

Last edited by OutlawZ; 10-19-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Damn....thats all I can say,ha ha.

The potential is there, for sure.

Did the back tires come off the ground? I thought I saw a ploom of smoke, come from back there...
Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow that looked sick, good thing you got it on video
Old 10-19-2008, 08:31 PM
9 Second Club

the bumper hit the ground and unloaded the back tires. you can see the car bounce when it hits the bumper and it caused the car to drift left..... when i felt what happened i lifted and a flame shot out of the exhaust which exits in front of the rear tires..... you can see the flame in the slowmo....
Old 10-19-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

awesome, looks like the under side took a nice bang on the way down
Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

So, what's a set of wheelie bars worth?

Nice work on the ETs man, looking forward to seeing more runs once she's fixed.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

AND TO THINK I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE AT SAC RACEWAY THAT NIGHT BUT COULDNT MAKE!

I saw you pull that awesome wheelie at Pinks All Out it was Nice!

Hope you get it fixed soon!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats was a sick run ! Maybe its time for wheelie bars !
Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love it...sick car man. i can only dream of that someday
Old 10-20-2008, 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

one of the nastiest LT1's in the world bar none! is it really time for sissy sticks???? nasty race tho, just wish u could of stomped on that LSX crapola!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:39 AM
9 Second Club

AND TO THINK I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE AT SAC RACEWAY THAT NIGHT BUT COULDNT MAKE!

I saw you pull that awesome wheelie at Pinks All Out it was Nice!

Hope you get it fixed soon!
We'll be back out there soon.... I think the car is okay. I want to inspect the whole front end with the tires off and get the wheels spun to make sure they're not bent.... We want the world record and the first n2o LT1 nitrous car in the 8's.... some racing seasons are over but i might be able to get the record since we race for awhile here in cali.....

i love it...sick car man. i can only dream of that someday
one of the nastiest LT1's in the world bar none! is it really time for sissy sticks???? nasty race tho, just wish u could of stomped on that LSX crapola
again thanks.... a few years ago i was wishing I would be able to do it one day so don't think you'll never be able to get there. I swore I'd never finish the project or that i'd give it up cause it's too costly..... but i'm happy now with the results....

as far as beating the LS car.... he ran well all night. He posted a few 6.teens in the 1/8 mile. Then we ran our 6.06 and put it back on them.... THAT night I think if we both made clean all out passes we would have turned on the win light... I was out on him until I had to lift due to the wheelie.... but like i told their crew, that's racing..... we plan on getting it back together, testing some more with the limiters and getting our money back...

It did go 1.38 60' on the 6.06 pass....
Old 10-20-2008, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

sweet dude.... good luck! its gonna be difficult for some of these guys to beat u next year at the LTX shootout
Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

f'n awsome man! you would have smoked his ***!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

yeah we had him covered...... he did pedal the whole way and ran 9.7@133 so I'm thinking he was good for a 9.4-9.5 on a super clean pass....

But couldn't get it done when it mattered so we're back to the tuning phase....
Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If you want to fly check out expedia.com, tickets are cheap
Old 10-21-2008, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

LOL..... yeah i should do that...
Old 10-21-2008, 11:49 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to play around with the travel limiters and you front shock settings. There's plenty of people out there hitting their cars harder off the line and holding them down. I don't think a glide will really do a whole lot other than make it harder to run on motor.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
9 Second Club

You need to play around with the travel limiters and you front shock settings. There's plenty of people out there hitting their cars harder off the line and holding them down. I don't think a glide will really do a whole lot other than make it harder to run on motor
Yeah we are looking at a couple of options right now.... powerglide is like #5 on the list.... wheelie bars are dead last.....

shocks were set at 6 clicks from soft..... we're going to test the car again with the limiters set to not allow the bitch to move from ride height. We're expecting to blow the tires off but hey ya never know.... we're also looking at torque arm tech. Me having a spohn t/a i think my intersect point sucks *****.... it's too far up and is hitting the tires WAAAY too hard..... once the front end carries it just keeps going up and the tires drive right thru it... I may have just found the limit of my current torque arm. But we will try the car out with the stuff that is already on it first. Cuz that's free.... maybe with limiters full stiff and pulling timing to avoid blowing the tires off we can get the car to charge hard without going up in the air.....
Old 10-21-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
.... we're also looking at torque arm tech. Me having a spohn t/a i think my intersect point sucks *****.... it's too far up and is hitting the tires WAAAY too hard..... once the front end carries it just keeps going up and the tires drive right thru it... I may have just found the limit of my current torque arm. But we will try the car out with the stuff that is already on it first......
when and if you address this, please post up about it. I hope you can get it dialed in and keep the spohn ta in place. car works great already good luck finishing it out.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:59 PM
9 Second Club

when and if you address this, please post up about it. I hope you can get it dialed in and keep the spohn ta in place. car works great already good luck finishing it out
Will do..... I'd like to find some sponsors willing to put their **** on my car if they think they can solve my problem.... and then i'll rep their stuff as the "solution"...

We're going to try to keep the spohn for now with the limiters set full tight.... might also introduce a bit of a delay in the nitrous system.... like a half a tenth....

Quick Reply: New best...... costly night however....