LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start

I have an 06 Monte Carlo SS and I was wondering if it is cold out and I start my car with my remote start should the heated seats come on along with the heat. Thanks for any help
Old 10-21-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

No they won't. Would be nice, but they don't.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Teching In

thanks a lot man i wasnt sure.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

do the seat heaters have a rocker switch which always stays on, or is it a momentary type switch that snaps back to the center/off position? if u left the seat "on" when u shut the car, will it come on when its restarted? or does the remote starter only start the car, and not turn on the accessories?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only climate control set to come on is the defroster. The car detects if it is needed and cranks it. Or in the summer it will crank the A/C up. If you want to get down and dirty you can alter the remote start to include turning the seats on, but it only takes them a second or two to get warm so why bother?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
The only climate control set to come on is the defroster. The car detects if it is needed and cranks it. Or in the summer it will crank the A/C up. If you want to get down and dirty you can alter the remote start to include turning the seats on, but it only takes them a second or two to get warm so why bother?
The AC is engaged regardless of tempeture when auto start is used unless it is below like 10degree's something rediculous
Old 10-22-2008, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know about your seats, but mine take about 4 minutes before I can feel them start to warm, you got a flame thrower option on yours? My '06 ImpSS also hits the defogger as well as the defroster.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by someday
do the seat heaters have a rocker switch which always stays on, or is it a momentary type switch that snaps back to the center/off position? if u left the seat "on" when u shut the car, will it come on when its restarted? or does the remote starter only start the car, and not turn on the accessories?
it's a push-button on/off... if you leave them on, then turn your car off, when you start it up again, they are off.

remote starter does not do anything with the seats... will only turn on the heat/defroster or the A/C...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 AM
TECH Resident

You could rewire them, the thought crossed my mind.... But really I would rather if I could have heated seats where I could turn off the seat bottom and have back only.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

Mine heat up fast too. NOT seconds... but by the time I hit the end of my block the seat is warm.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06 SS
I don't know about your seats, but mine take about 4 minutes before I can feel them start to warm, you got a flame thrower option on yours? My '06 ImpSS also hits the defogger as well as the defroster.
4 minutes? Wow.....

Guess that portal to hell heated seat mod I got is worth having to listen to the screams of the damned. I normally just drown them out with rap music so it isn't too bad.

I normally hit the heated seat button at the time I'm getting my snow brush out of my car. By the time I'm back in my seat is nice and toasty. If I'm just driving along and decide to hit it I normally have warmth in under 30 seconds.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say it all has to do the size of your Butt, if its big like mine they seem to take longer to heat up. More butt to go through, so they don't feel warm for a while.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sint3k
The AC is engaged regardless of tempeture when auto start is used unless it is below like 10degree's something rediculous
My Impala blasts heat out of the vents when remote started in 40 degree weather. I wonder if they changed the settings in the BCM from year to year.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, for me it seems about 40 or below the heat will come on. Anything between that and the temp needed for the AC it just runs the blower.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tap Dat SS
My Impala blasts heat out of the vents when remote started in 40 degree weather. I wonder if they changed the settings in the BCM from year to year.
Your right it does blow hot air but it goes to defrost mode. In this mode the AC is engaged to "dry" the air out. So if your ever racing and your in defrost mode your ac is running :X Also if you put your car into recirculate mode the AC will stay on even tho the light will be off.