Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Visiting VA Beach, VA soon.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Visiting VA Beach, VA soon.....

... but flying up so wont have my car.

What all is there to do around there? Sites to see and all that. I'm gonna be visiting a friend but will have a day to myself while she's at work.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not much. I am from Texas as well. I ******* hate this place...but if you want answers here ya go.

Good seafood, some decent sushi places as well. There of course is the beach/strip. Feel free to give me a shout and I can take you around town.

PM me for cell phone number. Call me a day in advance so I can make the plans. There are other things but I can't think off the top of my head. Busch Gardens, but I have yet to go. It is a theme park. I am sure others will chime in.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've been down there once for a school trip... VA beach is awesome, really nice clean beach and strip... good place to hang out, prices didnt seem to bad but then again this was like 4 years ago... the beach and strip were just really clean and that has always stuck in my head cuz the beach and strip near me (hampton beach, NH) is scum lol...
Old 10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. I'm flying up there this Thursday after work and spending a long weekend up there. Going to Williamsburg on Sat. it looks like. But my friend works on Friday so was looking for something to do while shes at work. Looks like the Boardwalk if its not too cold. Maybe run by Virginia Speed and check them out. Something to waste some time.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let me know.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

dont let your girl get out of your sight... (if you have one) Navy guys always lookin for something to ****.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Resident

haha, I spent years down there. **** that place! Especially this time of year. Run, run like hell!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Haha I love Va Beach. I don't know exactly what it is about the area, but I love going there. Ever since I was little we used to go to my aunt's and uncle's there and I liked it so much more than where we lived in Dale City, Fredericksburg (Northern VA) and eventually Southern MD. I think I still eventually want to live there, but it's not some awesome hot spot like Miami, FL or anything haha.

There's not going to be much going on at the beach this time of year, but if you get a chance cruise by there and walk the boardwalk or something. Lots of cool little shops down along the way, but the beach-area definitely almost shuts down in the fall/winter. There's just not as much going on. I think you'll like it though!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

i like it better in the fall/winter no turists crowding the ocean so dont have to fight for the waves without running over one of them....there is plenty to do down here can go go karting at Motor World, go to bush gardens in willamsburg go to kings dominon Laser tag here, But i will admit summer time is when more is actually open like water parks and stuff
Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most of VA Beach is a nice safe area. Norfolk, Newport News, Hampton and Portsmouth are the roughest areas. Of course you have your exceptions here and there. But I prefer VA Beach and love where I live compares to the NN/Hampton area I was at before.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stayed in Newport News for a week over the summer. The traffic sucked, and it was like 105* everyday. We went to Norfolk for Harbor day or whatever. There's a lot of bars and stuff around and it's a pretty clean area for the most part.