Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A worthy kill

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A worthy kill

I finally have the car running correctly now. Minor issues but she is ready. So after getting the car back to running status, myself and a friend went to go knock down any rough edges that may show them selves.
Fortunately nothing reared its ugly head.
It was around 10pm and I was turning left out onto the main blvd when we hear a nasty sounding engine coming our way. We look in the direction from which it was coming from, only to see one of the sexiest 1st gens I have seen in a while. It was a brilliant yellow with black racing strippes and a sweet looking cowl hood. The thing was mint.
I pull out excitedly because he throws me a rev as he drives by. I pull up behind him and notice suspension work and true duals coming out of some single chamber Flow Masters. The closer I got to the car the more impressed I was with it. It was throaty as hell and flawless.
As I pull up next to him he down shifts immediately. I proceed to do the same. He then just takes off so I give chase. The car was realatively quick but by the top of third I had a few busses on him. I slow down to give the thumbs up and he slows too. He would not pull up next to me. I really wish he would of been cool enough to stop. Not much but it is a begining. I wish Jordan had a camera to film the car. It was ****.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill. 1st gen what though....camaro or bird? Tell your friend to stop slacking and take the camera lol.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

Oops. My bad. It was a Camaro.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good kill man. Too bad the guy wasn't friendlier. What happened to always having a camera?
Old 10-31-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a B.A. camaro.......Good kill and glad to see you're up and around.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Good kill man. Too bad the guy wasn't friendlier. What happened to always having a camera?
Oh it was there alright. Dead batteries!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Sounds like a B.A. camaro.......Good kill and glad to see you're up and around.

Thanks man. It was/is. I live in a very rich town. There are bad *** rides every where. I'll find the guy one day and talk with him. I was suprised though as I have never seen the car before. I think he was a little butt hurt though. I always hate cruising around thinking I'm the big fish only to get eaten alive by something I never imagined out there. LOL
Old 10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Oh it was there alright. Dead batteries!
I hate that ****. Camera, cordless drill or any other battery powered object I own, seems like when it comes time for me to use it the batteries are dead.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man. It was/is. I live in a very rich town. There are bad *** rides every where. I'll find the guy one day and talk with him. I was suprised though as I have never seen the car before. I think he was a little butt hurt though. I always hate cruising around thinking I'm the big fish only to get eaten alive by something I never imagined out there. LOL
That's cool. My bro has a kickass 2nd gen. 72 RS with factory split bumper. Quite rare...but he 1/4 miled the SOB. He's got a low end knock though that he needs to work out. After he just got done fixing an issue with his Dart heads.
I hate that ****. Camera, cordless drill or any other battery powered object I own, seems like when it comes time for me to use it the batteries are dead.
That's why you keep the battery on teh charger when you're not using it, you goof.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponygt65
That's why you keep the battery on teh charger when you're not using it, you goof.
I always remember that after I try and use it. Of course when I'm done using it I forget it again.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indeed, nice as Camaro. Whenever I have someone with me that has a camera, luckily they do have it charged. I only have like 5 of my races ever cought on film. I wish the race I posted the other day was on video...then I might have more than 3 ******* replies lol.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

It is always that way. When I am genned up and ready, I will normally carry extra batteries. But, I've been out of the game so long the camera was dead.

On a side note the GT500 guy quit talking trash. I went to race him and he about ****. My line lock wouldn't disengage so we never got a run in. I was waving people around me in line so I could get some of that ***.LOL I almost walled this car because the line lock would not disenegage completely. Bad poo poo.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is always that way. When I am genned up and ready, I will normally carry extra batteries. But, I've been out of the game so long the camera was dead.

On a side note the GT500 guy quit talking trash. I went to race him and he about ****. My line lock wouldn't disengage so we never got a run in. I was waving people around me in line so I could get some of that ***.LOL I almost walled this car because the line lock would not disenegage completely. Bad poo poo.
That sucks about the linelock. What was wrong with it? Glad to hear the GT500 guy doesn't talk **** now, he sounds like a douchebag. I'd like to see a vid of you yanking his *** anyway.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks about the linelock. What was wrong with it? Glad to hear the GT500 guy doesn't talk **** now, he sounds like a douchebag. I'd like to see a vid of you yanking his *** anyway.
Yeah he is pretty much. S for the video..........it's going to happen Funny thing about it all, since my car is out and about, he isn't. He yapped and yapped while I was down. I saw the car everywhere. Now....nix. He knows where I live and he satalites around some of the people I hang out with.
As for the lock.....it was a fucked up night man. I went 15.0 @ 67 mph. I think some of the N2o wires got crossed with the line lock. Not real sure to be honest. They are all on the same panel. Once I got it to disengauge, I tried to run again. I put the car in reverse and it just died. I thought I fat footed the clutch. Wrong! No power to anything at all. It turned out to be the positive cable running from my battery to the front is bad. One thing after another.LOL
Old 10-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

Right on, prolly a healthy sbc build on the camaro. I gotta get my **** back up, Im already going into withdrawals and its only been a week, lol.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah he is pretty much. S for the video..........it's going to happen Funny thing about it all, since my car is out and about, he isn't. He yapped and yapped while I was down. I saw the car everywhere. Now....nix. He knows where I live and he satalites around some of the people I hang out with.
As for the lock.....it was a fucked up night man. I went 15.0 @ 67 mph. I think some of the N2o wires got crossed with the line lock. Not real sure to be honest. They are all on the same panel. Once I got it to disengauge, I tried to run again. I put the car in reverse and it just died. I thought I fat footed the clutch. Wrong! No power to anything at all. It turned out to be the positive cable running from my battery to the front is bad. One thing after another.LOL
You should just start calling him Casper since he is being a ghost. Well a bad day of racing is still better than working. Its always something when you start modding though. You better hope Unit doesn't see that ET he will never quit messing with you.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Right on, prolly a healthy sbc build on the camaro. I gotta get my **** back up, Im already going into withdrawals and its only been a week, lol.

I feel ya man. I was down almost a year!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

You should just start calling him Casper since he is being a ghost. Well a bad day of racing is still better than working. Its always something when you start modding though. You better hope Unit doesn't see that ET he will never quit messing with you.
I can honestly tell the ricers I run 15's.LOL
Old 10-31-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Any 1st gen is drop dead gorgeous in my book.
I never understand why people won't pull up next to you after they lose a race. At that point, you look like a sore loser and a puss...
No dignity, no dignity.

Oh yeah,
Congrats on getting her running again!
What's your current set-up? Still on the spray?

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 10-31-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

One, on a long list of kills to come