LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

brought it in for service today

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brought it in for service today

Took the Impala into a local dealer for some service this morning.

Along with an oil and filter change, I got a new ISS put it under warranty.

I knew something was off with my car the same week I drove it home from the original dealer... no doubts now. Much better to drive without all the clunks and pops.

Still having vibration problems with the brakes at highway speed, and the feel kinda soft, but rotors and pads all look good. Don't know what is up with them but I will probably just replace the whole bunch with aftermarket stuff some time in the spring.

9 months and 20000 miles into ownership and I'm pretty happy with the car still. For now...
Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Nice, glad to hear of another happy owner... Seems all you hear on here are people whinning and complaining.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Teching In

9 months and 20 thousand miles? good lord , I thought I had a nasty commute.

Also glad you enjoy her..only a couple weeks and a thousand miles and loving my monstrosity. Winter will be so much nicer with a V8 that will actually make it up my driveway in bad weather.

hmmm just did the math ..I'll only be one month behind you on the 20 thousand mark.. I will attempt to contain my enthusiasm.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

9 months and 20 thousand miles? sounds like me.. LOL

I have 61,000 on my 2006 Monte SS...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-06-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthV8
Nice, glad to hear of another happy owner... Seems all you hear on here are people whinning and complaining.
I love my car but theres alot to complain about. I've had every possible problem and then some so its normal for people to come here asking "complaining" why something isnt working and what was done to fix it. mmm kinda normal you think ?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

What was the reason for replacing the ISS??
Old 11-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StealthV8
I love the car, but when issues start piling up it really annoys the crap out of me.
I have had the car for a bit over an year and have like 20 dealer visits and 32 000 miles
My wifes beater 1999 toyota corolla has zero dealer visits in 9 years and is at 95 000 miles.
How can you not Complain?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

GM didn't think much in terms of overall quality of this car. They put a nice and solid v8 in a car with pretty much everything else being shitty that's probably not made for a v8.

But Heck, i still like the car.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have 20,000 miles in about a year and a half. No major problems, yet. Hopefully it stays that way.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Just curious did you get the ISS replaced because you heard a clunking noise when you go over bumps at low speeds.
Because my car's making a clunking noise when i go over bumps at speeds lower than 35 mph. The sound's coming from the front drivers side.
After reading around it sounds like that might be it???
Old 11-11-2008, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

I have had some problems with my Impala SS. I have had it for a little less than a year and the car currently has about 19,000 miles on it. I had to have both front hub assemblies replaced and a driver's door lock actuator. Oddly enough I haven't had an I-Shaft issue yet. I did bend two rims last winter when the roads were torn up but have yet to replace them or fix them because of the expense. They're not bad but, I do get a slight vibration around 80 MPH. Other than that, mine has been fine. Luckily, I work at a Chevy/Buick dealership so it's easy to get mine in for service. I do hear alot of people on here with issues but, honestly I got the Impala because the W-body has such a solid reputation. Other than the I-Shaft issues they are pretty darn reliable cars... I think out of all of the Impalas we get in for service (since the 06' change) mine has probably come in for the most amount of warranty work. Some others had issues with power steering lines and normal items but thats about it. They are very good cars overall... my GTP was the same way.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Junkie

My Grand Prix has been awesome except for alternators. I have had it 10 years
and 118k and I will always have this car it gets the best of everything.

Last edited by Mels SS; 11-11-2008 at 07:18 AM.