Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Street Racing ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Street Racing ticket?

Anyone that has gotten one, what did it end up costing you? Ticket and insurance increase?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cost my friend his car, his license for at least a year, and gave him a criminal record.
Idiot got clocked racing a cobra doing 80 in a residential zone.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

I got one and got really lucky as my lawyer got it dropped because he talked to the cop and somehow got him to agree with our logic...moral...get a good lawyer and you might just get lucky. You're looking at atleast 500 to start
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Village Idiot

Depends on a bunch of things...

#1 What State the citation occures in has alot to do with it (individual State laws can differ)..

#2 How much faster you are clocked over the posted speed limit...

#3 If you are ticketed for either "Exibition of speeding" and or just the standard speeding ticket...

#4 Lastly, if you evade and by some miracle get away and the officer chasing you doesn't get a good look at your rear license plate, it's free...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLK85
Anyone that has gotten one, what did it end up costing you? Ticket and insurance increase?
bend over stick your head between your knees and kiss your *** goodbye
Old 11-10-2008, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

Felony charges from the get. Vehicle Impounded no return. Drivers license revoked for minimum of 5 years.

Reckless endangerment charges.

Maximum they can throw on you on every citation.

Dont get caught.

My buddy got caught, poor bastard.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JIBBBY

#1 What State the citation occures in has alot to do with it (individual State laws can differ)..

#3 If you are ticketed for either "Exibition of speeding" and or just the standard speeding ticket...

#4 Lastly, if you evade and by some miracle get away and the officer chasing you doesn't get a good look at your rear license plate, it's free...
Here in CA they call that reckless driving and it is now a FELONY. So you go to jail you face 6 months to a year in jail plus fines $$$$
Old 11-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
bend over stick your head between your knees and kiss your *** goodbye
+1 yes sir
Old 11-10-2008, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

1. South Dakota, ticket was written for $154. But Im more worried about the insurance increase.

2. Was not clocked. Although I was only going 50 tops(4-5k 2nd gear 4.11 gears)

3. Nope, just Drag Racing on a Highway.

4. Nope I stopped instantly.

Just trying to get some idea of what it costs others. Im not worried about the price of the ticket if they could drop it to something like speeding. But I have a lawyer, he has never tried a case like this though either. Im hoping we can just cut a deal with the DA.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

South dakota is pretty laid back on that kind of stuff. Although depending on your age I bet your insurance doubles.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got a ticket for racing in Georgia, but I was on a two lane highway without another car in site. I was in my S10 and layed two black stipes about 150 feet long.

I went to court and got it dropped because they wrote the ticket for the wrong thing. Could have been reckless driving. I got lucky.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Man definately impouned with no return and possibly some jail time. Out here in cali they burn your car or crush it from what I hear but it does depend where you live. I think we got it the worst.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some states can be brutal:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/

Not sure if Cali still does this, as it was challenged in the courts.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by BlkZ28559
Here in CA they call that reckless driving and it is now a FELONY. So you go to jail you face 6 months to a year in jail plus fines $$$$

Well, I live in California also and I took my buddies built 5.0LX Mustang years ago and roasted those rears for about one full block, in front of a big outdoor mall..... Cops were on pedal bikes which I did not see, and called it in via radio immediately.....The whole police department, though it seemed at the time, converged on my *** in about 30 seconds time..... I was asked to step out of the car guns drawn, what happen next is I was given a exibition of speeding ticket, then the car was impounded.. My friend was pissed and we walked home.. I was drunk too at the time and got very lucky I did not get tested.. I was also very young and very stupid at the time as well...

I had to go to court and got 2 years probation and an $700 fine... No felony...

I think reckless driving is when you're evading the police and or just driving crazy insane... Like wrong side of the road, etc...

A simple short street race or burn out I don't think is a felony and or considered wreckless driving... 4 months ago I got pulled over again for a half a block burnout in an empty business district on a Sunday morning in my Lexus.. Cop was hiding to my suprised and pulled me over again...Let me off with a warning and said he could have given me and exibition of speeding ticket.... I was lucky again...

This may sound funny but since I put two American flag stickers on the back of my lexus I have not been ticketed once in 4 years...Literally no exaggeration I have been pulled over atleast 5 or 6 times for speeding or something and was let off everytime with a warning... SHOCKING!!!!...I have to say the patriotism hits a soft spot with the police...I am sold on it, and the stickers will remain forever... GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Street Racing ticket?-hpim0758.jpg  

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-11-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Every time I get a ticket my insurance goes down. So for everybody that has always told me my insurance is going to go up or "double" I do not agree. I'm sure it has to do with your driving record also though.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=onebadcad;10461835]Some states can be brutal:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/

"Maldonado also said he put plenty of time and effort working on his 1992 black Honda Civic. He was stopped in November by police in what Higbee described as an area where racers gather.

The 18-year-old mechanic said a vehicle identification sticker apparently fell off "
The VIN just happened to "fall off!" hahaha. There's a likely story.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 98 I was nailed with "racing on a controlled highway"

No gun on me but he got the other guy at 98 in a 40 and I was pulling..

IIRC the fine was around 5 or 600 bucks and two 12hour driving classes..

I bet they would fry me now...
Old 11-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Well, I live in California also and I took my buddies built 5.0LX Mustang years ago and roasted those rears for about one full block, in front of a big outdoor mall..... Cops were on pedal bikes which I did not see, and called it in via radio immediately.....The whole police department, though it seemed at the time, converged on my *** in about 30 seconds time..... I was asked to step out of the car guns drawn, what happen next is I was given a exibition of speeding ticket, then the car was impounded.. My friend was pissed and we walked home.. I was drunk too at the time and got very lucky I did not get tested.. I was also very young and very stupid at the time as well...

I had to go to court and got 2 years probation and an $700 fine... No felony...

I think reckless driving is when you're evading the police and or just driving crazy insane... Like wrong side of the road, etc...

A simple short street race or burn out I don't think is a felony and or considered wreckless driving... 4 months ago I got pulled over again for a half a block burnout in an empty business district on a Sunday morning in my Lexus.. Cop was hiding to my suprised and pulled me over again...Let me off with a warning and said he could have given me and exibition of speeding ticket.... I was lucky again...

This may sound funny but since I put two American flag stickers on the back of my lexus I have not been ticketed once in 4 years...Literally no exaggeration I have been pulled over atleast 5 or 6 times for speeding or something and was let off everytime with a warning... SHOCKING!!!!...I have to say the patriotism hits a soft spot with the police...I am sold on it, and the stickers will remain forever... GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
Thats burning out. I'm talking about actually racing /speed contest. I burned rubber in front or a CHP and i was drinking. He wrote me for speeding 40 in a 25. Gave me a break bcuz i passed the sobriety test.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

in 99, i got a speed contest ticket. iirc, the fines ended up around 600bucks, lost license for 6months, defensive driving course, and 50 hours of community service.

learned me lesson, now i have faster car to get away and don't do it in a city anymore. only on highways
Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, thats why i rarely drive my car man!!! sometimes i wonder if its even worth it to continue modding it versus the risk of being dumb and getting busted.

Quick Reply: Street Racing ticket?