LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

emissions!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emissions!!!!!!

hi there i was just wondering the best way to pick up performance and still pass emission test. also if i put headers on my car will that be ok..........
Old 11-30-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to do headers long tubes are a must. Pacesetter makes a very nice emissions LT header that has provisions for the AIR and EGR
Old 11-30-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ThreeHonks
If you're going to do headers long tubes are a must. Pacesetter makes a very nice emissions LT header that has provisions for the AIR and EGR
I wouldnt go all that far, theres a few midtube headers that will add good power that are 50 state legal . LT's are "illegal" because they move the original location of the cat/cats...but as long as you have cats and your air equipment they wont throw any codes. They would still fail the visual but 99% of the people inspecting the car dont have a clue what there looking at anyway. So as long as you have your air equipment and cats Lts will pass, though theres other options like slp/rk sport shorties and pacesetter mids that actually have a carb number and are legal and will add around 15 or so hp. Plus unless you weld the cat onto the Y your looking at some extra $$$ to get a catted Y...damn Lt1's
Old 11-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThreeHonks
No, long tubes are not a must.

If you want to pick up HP and still pass smog testing then I would suggest the following: CAI, Exhaust, a nice set of Mac mids or something equivalent,1.6 rockers, your basic bolt on/free mods such as 160 stat, throttle body bypass, Trickflow elbow, air foil or bigger T.B., and a tune. Maybe even some gears too
Old 11-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can make cam changes and still pass emissions. You just have to tell whoever is providing your cam that it has to be emissions friendly. Mine passes and it is 224/236 and .570+ lift.