Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First win and first loss in the Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First win and first loss in the Z

drivin around in my 95 Z yesterday with the girlfriend when i get to a red light. i hear something comming down the road and it sounds pretty good, i look to my right and its a edge Mustang. Hes starts revving at me seeing i was lookin at him. so i yell over to him, "on green we go"! light goes green and i will admit he got the jump, only about a half a car, and around 45 hes not goin anywhere as im stoppin his pull and starting my own. by 75 i was ahead and by around 100 i was 1-1 1/2 cars up. i shut it down at 110 with the same distance ahead i was at 100. we meet up at the next red light and i smile at the kid and say "nice run bro". he then proceeds to curse at me saying and i quote: "do you know what this is? this is a 99 GT and its not running right and thats why i lost to your piece of ****!" i then start laughing at this kid and asked him about his mods but he pretended i wasnt there. his gf on the other hand was looking at me and smiling and i watched as my gf gave this girl the death stare lmao. as the light went green he had one last thing to say: "my brothers got an 03 Cobra and hes gunna find you and kick your ***!". so the light goes green and and he takes off. i drove around the entire day looking over my shoulder for the Snake and never saw it, until around 10pm.

Im sitting at a light right next to the highway after i dropped my gf off (and this part of the highway was a little farther down than my original run) when i hear a distinct whining sound. i hear this guy revv up next to me and i say to myself "o ****!" sure enough it was the kids brother and he asked me if i had in fact raced him earlier. i said yes and he says "lets race." he wanted to go from a 40 roll, so we turn onto the highway and were nice and even at 40 and he honks it off, 1,2,3 GO!!!! Itwas like i was standing still i shut down at 110 again with him easily going 140 and 3 cars AT LEAST ahead of me. I follow him to a gas station and we wound up talkin for 20 mins or so and he was the cool brother of the two of em apparently cause he was a really nice guy!

So theres my first win and my first loss. I knew I was gunna lose to the Cobra but im not gunna be a wuss and turn down a good run especially when it gives me the chance to meet some good people down here. O by the way my mods are CAI, Magnaflow Catback and cat delete. Thats only a contributing factor to losin to the Cobra, the other is auto tranny and LT1

hope you enjoyed it!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Good runs. Too bad the GT owner had to be a **** stain about the situation.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default thanks bro

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Good runs. Too bad the GT owner had to be a **** stain about the situation.
yea your not kidding! lucky for him i have a long fuse and i didnt kick his *** again! lol, at least his brother was nice
Old 12-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Good Kill and Loss (its an 03 though what to be expected)

Thats why you lay a 125 shot on it. Never use it unless you absolutly have to. Then the 03 owner wouldnt have known why this LT1 was giving him one hell of a Run. Im N2O for Life.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Driving FaSSt
Good Kill and Loss (its an 03 though what to be expected)

Thats why you lay a 125 shot on it. Never use it unless you absolutly have to. Then the 03 owner wouldnt have known why this LT1 was giving him one hell of a Run. Im N2O for Life.
yea i knew the 03 snake was gunna beat me but thats ok, i lost with dignity, and thanks for the advice but im not really one for N20, i eventually wanna do heads, cam, intake, stall converter, shift kit and after that, gears, finish exhaust and some visual mods ill be done

wether people are faster than me or not, at least I'll be happy with what I've done
Old 12-07-2008, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a good attitude, man. Nice kill, and honorable death. It's all about the fun, whether you win or lose, right?
Old 12-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I used to feel the same way as you bout the bottle. That was until I rode in a buddies 99 camaro SS with a 200 shot on a stock bottom end. It was like I had seen the Light LOL.

But its cool if ya not down with the spray I respect that. Its just a good way to have some ***** and giggles.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Driving FaSSt
Yeah I used to feel the same way as you bout the bottle. That was until I rode in a buddies 99 camaro SS with a 200 shot on a stock bottom end. It was like I had seen the Light LOL.

But its cool if ya not down with the spray I respect that. Its just a good way to have some ***** and giggles.
That's what some of my friends have said. "I used to be against nitrous or thought it was cheating... until I took a ride in your car." or something along those lines. It's addictive.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
That's what some of my friends have said. "I used to be against nitrous or thought it was cheating... until I took a ride in your car." or something along those lines. It's addictive.
Oh i never thought it was cheating I just liked to try to make the power N/A. Then I rode in a N2O car and was like F*ck it im buying the juice. LOL

+1 for N20 being addictive. I feel ya on that one.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill and death man. I hate people like that first guy, there is a guy like that here with a gxp that wanted to race me. After it was over, he told me he was gonna go get his daddys rousch mustang and come give me a spanking. I'm still waiting. You do have a good attitude about it though, and as far as the juice goes, I am considering some myself.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea thanks for all the compliments guys, the way i look at it is if i have a bad attitude im jus gunna stoop to their level, im just out there tryin to have fun and meet nice people, win or lose, unfortunantly you do run into some ********
Old 12-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Launching!

I feel the same way about it, to bad he had to go cry to his older brother. When something like that happens to my younger brothers, I ask them what did they do to deserve it. I would've asked why his younger brother is so uptight. If the younger brother has a GT, then the older has a Cobra, I wonder what the dad drives
Old 12-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Launching!

shoulda pulled the strap on the GT owner
Old 12-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Geez its only a race some ppl have such huge egos. My friend was the same way when he had his edge GT. He thought he could take down an EVO stock But anywho NICE KILL/DEATH OP
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks guys, and Mike in LA im wonderin what the dad drives at this point myself, lol
Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice runs, 03 Cobras neva loose
Old 12-09-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol, they neva lose? are you sure? well at this rate with me bein broke theyll neva lose to me at least
Old 12-13-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im going to guess if you were at 100 and he was at 140... he was a lot more than 3 cars ahead.. haha.. few bus lengths?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default thats why i said AT LEAST

Originally Posted by lemons12
im going to guess if you were at 100 and he was at 140... he was a lot more than 3 cars ahead.. haha.. few bus lengths?
i know i lost but it doesnt matter, i met a cool guy with a sick car and had some fun so its all good
Old 12-14-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97 FiReBiRd
i know i lost but it doesnt matter, i met a cool guy with a sick car and had some fun so its all good
haha, its cool.. was just saying..