Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SFC Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFC Questions

With the current sales going on right now with BMR and UMI suspension components I felt it would be a great time to buy some subframe connectors. My car is a daily driver that will see the strip maybe twice a year. I don't want to sacrifice the driveability, but I want to stiffen things up a bit. At first I wanted to get the bolt in tubular ones but after reading about the 3 point ones I am now confused which direction I should go. For people that have them, how much lower do the 3 point ones hang down? Are they lower than your exhaust and how much are they visible? It looks to me like the tubular and boxed ones are pretty much hidden.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Tubular ones are completely hidden, but the boxed ones do hang down enough to see. You can always get black ones and you well never see them anyways.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

I have tubular 3 points, and I have to bend way the hell over to see them. They are an inch higher than my exhaust, so no ground clearance lost. Even with stock exhaust I figure ground clearance loss would be minimal.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies so far. I guess that I am more concerned about how visible they will be and also what the advantages are of each.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 AM
TECH Junkie

street driven and occasional track duty doesn't warrent the 3 point.

any sfc are an advantage.

keep it simple.

my boxed SFC didn't hang low at all. the gfx seemed lower.

i have a bunch of pics of my BMR boxed sfc being installed on page 3 of my cardomain site in the sig
Old 12-18-2008, 08:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the interest in our product and I will be glad to help

None of the SFC's we offer will reduce ground clearance or hang lower then your exhaust system. Our 3-Point SFC's are very popular, they fit excellent and hug the under carriage nicely. When designing this item we took the time to bend the bracing to follow the contour of the floor... this prevents ground clearance loss.

I pasted two pictures below to show these from the side and how the exhaust system will hang lower. If you have any additional questions please ask. Thank you!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Ryan,

Thanks for the pics. It is sort of hard to tell how visible they would be at normal eye level though. My guess is that they would only be slightly visible unless you get down at ground level to look at them.

I also wondering what I stand to gain from going with either the boxed or 3 point ones over the tubular for a daily driver that might only see the track several times a year?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 2 point tubular and I think they are great. I noticed a big difference right away. If you were a serious racer, e.g. autocrosser, I could see getting the 3 points. But I suggest they are way overkill for your stated use. Save the extra $$ for more suspension mods.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just Do it!

They are not visable, the tubular 3 point bolt ons ROCK! and UMI makes them in Black too, so you don't have any of that "Look at my underside" red.

They will wake up your ride - then play with poly (and get a strut tower connector) next!

Originally Posted by toothdoc
Ryan,

Thanks for the pics. It is sort of hard to tell how visible they would be at normal eye level though. My guess is that they would only be slightly visible unless you get down at ground level to look at them.

I also wondering what I stand to gain from going with either the boxed or 3 point ones over the tubular for a daily driver that might only see the track several times a year?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by toothdoc
Based on that the 2-Points would be just fine, either tubular or boxed will work. Our tubular style tucks up much tighter and can not be seen from the side of the vehicle.. they offer a excellent fit. The box tuck up nice as well, on a Camaro model with no ground effects then can be seen slightly from the side.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 12-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Thanks for all of the replies. As much as I would like to get the 3-point SFC'c, it looks like I am going to get the tubular bolt-in ones as those should serve my needs well.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

The 2-point SFC's are an excellent choice and I think you will be very happy with the fit and finish. And they can be installed in less than an hour with basic hand tools and they require no drilling, grinding or cutting.. they are 100% bolt on.

We look forward to doing business with you!

Ryan

Quick Reply: SFC Questions