Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JAAM ram air kit from Fast Toys?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default JAAM ram air kit from Fast Toys?

Just wondering how good it works, and if it is worth the money? Was thinking about having my girl get me their ram air kit and a lid for christmas. Thanks for the help
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

i would go with somethin like a slp cai duct or the ram air system from fast toys. Just grab an slp flow pac and be done with it, you get a filter lid and duct all at once! proven 2 tenths in the quarter mile.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

I have the JAAM system on my WS6. I installed it at the same time as the fast toys lid and 85mm MAF and all together it was worth about 2 tenths in the 1/8th mile. Its a pretty effective combination. I only removed the rear baffle in the hood though seemed to me like it would get plenty of air and I was paranoid about rain although everyone swears it's fine with both baffles out.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is it recomended that you do any other mods besides he JAAM? Im assuming that you would need to be buying a lid too in order to get the maximum effect.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Teching In

I am going to get a lid with it just to complete the package. Kinda stupid to just get the JAAM ram air kit with a stock lid. What is the best lid on the market, I was thinkin SLP probably?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id buy the Fast Toys lid if I were you, my SLP fit like crap. The Fast toys fits MUCH better. I also have the JAAM kit installed. I could feel a difference on the freeway but dont have any track times to compare. I really like the way it looks though, has the plate that covers the wind washer bottle.

Now worth almost $200 I dont know...
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

the slp flow pac comes with duct, filter and lid, if you dont like the lid when u get it sell it and buy an mti or fast toys.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

I like keeping mine breathing through the hood instead of the bottom. I know research has shown slightly better results with one of the sealed kits from the bottom, but I've splashed through plenty of large puddles and would be more worried about ingesting water. The Jaam kit does finish off the appearance nicely with the bottom plate too. Mine looks like this except now I painted the bottom plate black:

Then added my fuel rail covers:
Old 12-23-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

what exactly is the SLP Flo Pac, and does it have any proven gains at the track? The only thing i dont like about the JAAM kit is that i have to remove the baffles from my hood. I kinda dont wanna do that and would prefer to leave that area stock. However, if there is still a way to improve the way the car intakes air, without altering anything else, then im all up for it.

Does the SLP flo pac just simply bolt on with no alterations to the car at all?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

proven two tenths with the lid filter and duct.

the flo pac is a piece of duct that goes down between the rad support and the ac rad. the top of the duct had a big flat lip to seal off all air from enetering the filter except what comes through the duct from underneath the car. then it comes with a high flow filter and an slp lid.

i assume you already have the free air mod done? cutting the rear floor out from underneath where the air filter sits, the flo pacs gains would just about be void if the floor is still under your filter. the free ram air mod is a no brainer........in my opinion the flo pac duct just chanels the air better and you dont get all the hot air off your rad.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:24 PM
FormerVendor

Default More info...

When using the JAAM kit or our FTRA, you definitely will want to have an aftermarket air lid. We recommend the Fast Toys 85mm air lid which can be used even with the stock MAF (if you purchase our optional adapter).

If you are comparing the FTRA to the Flowpac, you are going to find the FTRA will provide a much larger performance increase because it is a true ram air kit diverting air into a sealed air box vs the flowpac which functions more as a cold air kit.

If you have any questions, feel free to post or email us at sales@fasttoys.net . Tech support is also available via our toll free line at 877-955-4896

Thanks and happy holidays!

Quick Reply: JAAM ram air kit from Fast Toys?