my bad luck!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my bad luck!!

going to work this morning as usual. got off the highway and took the service road. im in the right lane and i slow down for a few cars making a entrance into a parking lot. i look into my rearview and see a set of headlights coming up on me fast. but with nowheres to go. this guy slammed into me going like 60 mph. damn that **** hurt. it was enough to stall my motor and kill the electrical. the guy gets out and he was a mexican. and to top it off no insurance. so now my ride sits at a storage lot awaiting insurance to look at it. damn ive got a huge headache right now .i had a feeling that something bad was going to happen this morning and it sure did.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Damn, Camaro or Colorado? glad you are alright, but sucks that the dude probably wont be able to do anything for ya...
Old 12-29-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn that sucks, at least you are OK with a headache and not in ICU...
Old 12-29-2008, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Good to hear your ok, but the ride is messed up. I cant stand people without insurance and they still drive. What happened to the other guy? I think they should take people to jail if they dont have insurance and drive.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 14SecV6
Damn, Camaro or Colorado? glad you are alright, but sucks that the dude probably wont be able to do anything for ya...
it was the truck. sorry didnt put that down.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by daniel044
Good to hear your ok, but the ride is messed up. I cant stand people without insurance and they still drive. What happened to the other guy? I think they should take people to jail if they dont have insurance and drive.
the other guy got tickets for following to close and not having insurance. his van was pretty fucked. however being as poor or cheap as he was he tried to drive away after they released him. doubt he made it far. sucks that those scumbags still get away with driving with no insurance. the last 2 people that have hit me have been uninsured illegals.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+1 on taking them to jail for no insurance.....sorry about your truck, but all that matters is you are okay!!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
+1 on taking them to jail for no insurance.....sorry about your truck, but all that matters is you are okay!!
i agree!

good to see ur not to hurt joe
Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
the other guy got tickets for following to close and not having insurance. his van was pretty fucked. however being as poor or cheap as he was he tried to drive away after they released him. doubt he made it far. sucks that those scumbags still get away with driving with no insurance. the last 2 people that have hit me have been uninsured illegals.
That's how my truck got totalled. Except he DID go to jail...cause he had no american ID either. No idea what he got charged with... I was just glad he at least got a ride in a cop car.

No ID
No Insurance
Expired registration/inspection
Didn't speak much english at all.

Tried to give me a debit card # to pay for the damages so I wouldn't call the police. That was the sign that I really needed to.

I bent the crap out of his tie-rod... but that's about it. Mine was TRASHED.

Thankfully you were in your truck
Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Man Joe, sorry to hear about that...
I know the feeling tho about the guy having no insurance.

hmmm. I thought you couldnt drive the vehicle if you where sited for no insurance..

Maybe that is only in Pasadena, where they wont let you drive off..

I feel it needs to be like that everywhere..
Impound the vehicle... accrue storage fee's for storaing the vehicle, and then give so much time before said vehicle is auctioned off...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

That sucks Joe
Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought it was a law that u go to jail if you have no insurance?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

+1 on having an incident with a a person who didnt have insurance, **** sucks!
glad your ok man
Old 12-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Joe sorry to hear that. Soon after I left Otto's Saturday night I got a call from my sister. She got hit by a Mexican with no insurance and no license that ran a stop sign. Waited for 2 hours for the cops. He called some buddies with licenses to get the car. Sure enough, cop arrived, wrote 3 tickets and lettem go. She's stuck with the deductible. Cop explained it that the supervisors told him not to tow or arrest due to being short-handed that night. Really sucks that you spend your life being a "good" citizen, paying insurance and getting your license, only to be rewarded with a cost when some dumbass that doesn't follow these rules hits you. What does it take for some justice? Did he need to kill someone to actually go to jail?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

thanks Hoff, today has been possibly the single most terrible day ive had. i tried all my tricks to get to work and all failed. tried to get a rental-fail. then i went to get my camaro. everything seemed fine. then my throw out bearing decided to go out even tho its a brand new gm part. and to top things off my tire picked up a razor blade. now i have to come up with money to buy 4 new tires because mines discontinued.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:42 PM

Damn that sux at least it wasn't the SS
Old 12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry that happened man. Maybe its a blessing in disguise and you'll get a new dd like you wanted.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Trev_SS
Damn that sux at least it wasn't the SS
that guy would have magically had a broken neck had he done that to my camaro
Originally Posted by s.o.m.SS
Sorry that happened man. Maybe its a blessing in disguise and you'll get a new dd like you wanted.
dunno. i was trying to sell it and now this. im just trying to see a silver lining. what i really need is rest. havent slept in 36 hrs. maybe ill wake up with a fresh eye to this and weigh my options.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well dont let up on them you pay insurance for a reason to cover your ***.... sorry to hear this all bro
Old 12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think they should throw them in jail for no insurance, then make the insurance company provide proof of coverage to the court for 6 months or a year kind of like probation just my opinion....