LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cam Heads Combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Heads Combo

In your guys honest opinion. What's the best Cam/Heads Combo for some neck snapping off the line Torque and HP. But at the same time not sacrificing much in other areas of performance. Also can you please post a product link along with why you think that particular brand/combo would be better. Thank you <--- I just like that smile

EDIT: This would mainly be a street car, with maybe two trips to the track a year. Also have plan's to add a SC in the future
Old 01-02-2009, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

www.advancedinduction.com
great results and reliability/longevity not seen from their competitors.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html

Less expensive then A/I and better customer service IMO. Looked into A/I in the beginning before my swap and got tossed all over the place with the guys over there. Lloyd Elliotts stuff has been around for a long time and is a great overall product that makes AWESOME results...reliablility has never been a issue either. His stuff is all over the streets and never once heard any negative feedback.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

If you never heard negative feedback it is only because you ignored it.

I have said it before, you kids can't tell the difference between service and being serviced.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr

I have said it before, you kids can't tell the difference between service and being serviced.
Glad to see you know me so well and all the things I've seen and ignored. First off I'm not a kid. Second off I have NEVER once heard anything bad about Lloyds product. So get off your high horse Mr. Know it all.

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 01-02-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html

Less expensive then A/I and better customer service IMO. Looked into A/I in the beginning before my swap and got tossed all over the place with the guys over there. Lloyd Elliotts stuff has been around for a long time and is a great overall product that makes AWESOME results...reliablility has never been a issue either. His stuff is all over the streets and never once heard any negative feedback.
+1

I've had great luck with my Lloyd stuff. It's a night and day difference over my stock set up. A bit over 3k on it and running strong
Old 01-02-2009, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent seen a stock bottom end LT1 make as much low end torque as me yet. In fact I make more torque at 2800 rpms than most h/c LT1s peak at. 360+rwtq at 2800. This is also done with the stock waterpump and unported intake manifold. Since they printed the graph in mph for some reason the pull starts at 2800 and ends at 6600, the miss is from a lose rotor in the opti.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Lloyd gave me some of the best advise and best service..I may not be as old as you Caprice but that's no reason to more or less talk down to the younger generation. Do we have to be old and drive a beefed up grocery getter to fall into 96Capricemgr's cool catagory?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

My 355 made 389.8rwtq. I know of quite a few 383s that didn't make that kind of torque. I also trapped countless 97mph 1/8mile runs and a couple above 98mph through a th400 and 9inch.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Launching!

I've ran a few different set ups now, first was a Lloyd package I ran a few years back. Strong runner with buttloads of torque and good top end. At the time I went with his stage 2 heads and a non emissions style cam. Never any problems w/ the build.

My current set up is AI's 200cc heads and custom cam. It's putting out better results then my LE set up but not by much. You will pay more $$$ going though AI no doubt, but it's a great product. Either one you choose you will enjoy. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
The only thing funny about his comment is how ignorant he is. For a ol' man (which I'm guessing he is going off his comments about the young) he is pretty stupid being he hangs out on this site with all of them
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Not that old very early 30s. I come here because there are a FEW snipets of good info hidden among the piles of bad.

Only way to use the internet is to take in gobs of info and sort it for the tiny fragments of good. Sad thing is it gives the stupid and the knowledgable an equal voice and there are more stupid so they tend to drowned out the smart ones.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Not that old very early 30s. I come here because there are a FEW snipets of good info hidden among the piles of bad.

Only way to use the internet is to take in gobs of info and sort it for the tiny fragments of good. Sad thing is it gives the stupid and the knowledgable an equal voice and there are more stupid so they tend to drowned out the smart ones.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
The only thing funny about his comment is how ignorant he is. For a ol' man (which I'm guessing he is going off his comments about the young) he is pretty stupid being he hangs out on this site with all of them

You may not like the message, but there is a ton of truth to it. Take it for what it is worth to you.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
My 355 made 389.8rwtq. I know of quite a few 383s that didn't make that kind of torque. I also trapped countless 97mph 1/8mile runs and a couple above 98mph through a th400 and 9inch.
what cam you got in that thing H/R or S/R????

One thing a lot of people dont understand about et and mph.Is that when spin off the line the mph goes up and the et slows down,and when you hook mph goes down and et speeds up...
Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Not being afraid to speak the truth doesn't make Caprice an ***. He's a straight up guy who always speaks the truth whether it be good news or bad.

And his grocery getter will spank a lot of cars on this site.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

You def have plenty of knowledge and I'm sure it's appreciated but to call me out and tell me I ignored things and so on is garbage.

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Not being afraid to speak the truth doesn't make Caprice an ***. He's a straight up guy who always speaks the truth whether it be good news or bad.

Well if he's gonna speak out then make it something that has truth to it not bullshit
Old 01-02-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Personally,i have spoken to Lloyd on the phone and this man took time out of his day to speak to me answer my questions and a little off topic conversation. he is a very knowledgable person.
I have also spoken with Phil at AI he was very pleasant and eager to get me situated.
I not only feel as if i have made 2 new friends i also know from the way they both spoke to me that they enjoy what they do and that should make anyone feel comfortable.
NO ONE CAN DISCREDIT EITHER
Old 01-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fergymoto

Well his original statement was one of a kid so I rest my case

Quick Reply: Cam Heads Combo