Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Took down an EVO 8 last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took down an EVO 8 last night

Took my car out for the first time in a few months last night and ran into an EVO. I was sitting at a light (next to an S2000 with exhaust) when I saw/ heard him pull up behind me. After traffic cleared we ran a few times from a roll and once from a stop. He had no chance from a roll I put a car on him easliy before I let off. AWD vs Bald Tires in 25 degree weather made our race from a stop much closer. I spun real bad in first pumped the gas a few times and shifted into second which hooked after a few more seconds of spinning. I passed by him just before shifting into third. He had exhaust and a blow off valve from what I heard, not the fasted car I've raced but none the less it was a nice surprise.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Good runs. I still haven't taken on an Evo or STi. What speeds was the roll race from and to?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

3rd gear roll, 2nd gear roll then from a stop. I was actually on my way to west chester we raced from rt 1 all the way up. It was a black evo 8 with a big fart can comin out the back at a 45 degree angle. I see your from west chester, do you know that car?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adidazman15
3rd gear roll, 2nd gear roll then from a stop. I was actually on my way to west chester we raced from rt 1 all the way up. It was a black evo 8 with a big fart can comin out the back at a 45 degree angle. I see your from west chester, do you know that car?
No. I don't know anyone's car. I don't really hang out anywhere or anything. I usually just go about my business and take the races I can get.

I'm still on 275 street tires. Racing from a stop in this weather is a joke. Where on route 1 were you? I'm in Cheyney, actually, but West Chester is more recognized so I just list that.

If you wanna run, let me know. I'll run anyone for fun. I'll be back in the area tonight around 11 PM.. I'm in Philly til 10 PM at school for now.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

I'm on Bald street tires too but if your running 399hp+ 100 shot its not gonna be much of a race. Even without the 100 shot you'd beat me. I'll run you for fun either way but I don't think its gonna be much of a race.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

I'm on Bald street tires too but if your running 399hp+ 100 shot its not gonna be much of a race. Even without the 100 shot you'd beat me. I'll run you for fun either way but I don't think its gonna be much of a race.
100 shot isn't on right now. Bottle heater took a **** and I'm getting Nano in a week or so, so I've just let it be. When I first got the nitrous I thought "screw everyone, nitrous every time" .. then I realized it would limit the races I would get, when I already only get 1 a month.. if that. Basically, I'll run with or without it. If you plan on modding more I'll hold off. I just like to see all the money I dumped into the car being used for what I intended it to.... I'll race anyone (within reason).
Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Where are you at? I'm a mile from Cheyney University.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

I'm down near the Hooters on 202 and rt 1. What mods do you have, I'd like to see a 400hp Ls1 anyway.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

I'm down near the Hooters on 202 and rt 1. What mods do you have, I'd like to see a 400hp Ls1 anyway.
LPP long tubes, TSP duals with Bullets, Dominator 2 cam, SLP lid, Rapid Motorsports tune, 42 lb injectors, Walbro 255, NGK TR-6 plugs, nitrous, K&N. I just got a clutch to put in. It's cold as **** out though so I probably won't be installing it until it's 40-45 degrees one of these days.

There's a shop called Pizza Pan about 1/10 of a mile from the hooters, on the left down 202 south. I work there M, W, F 4-9. If you see a Black WS6 out front, it's mine.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
LPP long tubes, TSP duals with Bullets, Dominator 2 cam, SLP lid, Rapid Motorsports tune, 42 lb injectors, Walbro 255, NGK TR-6 plugs, nitrous, K&N. I just got a clutch to put in. It's cold as **** out though so I probably won't be installing it until it's 40-45 degrees one of these days.

There's a shop called Pizza Pan about 1/10 of a mile from the hooters, on the left down 202 south. I work there M, W, F 4-9. If you see a Black WS6 out front, it's mine.
Wait you work at a Pizza place and have a 400rwhp WS6!?

wtf do you do their? sell crack out the back?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

I know your car I've driven by and looked at it a billion times, its clean. and PNYKLR their pizza is pretty good, i wouldn't be suprised to find some crack in it!!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Wait you work at a Pizza place and have a 400rwhp WS6!?

wtf do you do their? sell crack out the back?
Up until this school term I was working Tuesday-Sunday. Saturday and Sunday 6AM-3PM at a diner, Tuesday-Friday 4-9 at the Pizza place. Full time student as well. I had to cut back one day at the pizza shop to adjust for my schedule this term. I don't make a ton of money, but I don't blow it on stupid **** either like going to the movies, drinking, eating out, expensive clothes. I'm pretty disciplined when it comes to buying what I want. Living in my mom's basement helps too... all the cool kids are doing it.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Up until this school term I was working Tuesday-Sunday. Saturday and Sunday 6AM-3PM at a diner, Tuesday-Friday 4-9 at the Pizza place. Full time student as well. I had to cut back one day at the pizza shop to adjust for my schedule this term. I don't make a ton of money, but I don't blow it on stupid **** either like going to the movies, drinking, eating out, expensive clothes. I'm pretty disciplined when it comes to buying what I want. Living in my mom's basement helps too... all the cool kids are doing it.
**** i live at home and make pretty decent money, but i guess alot of it has gone to fixing some of the things that were initially wrong with my car.

good call haha. and you must be damn good at saving man.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
**** i live at home and make pretty decent money, but i guess alot of it has gone to fixing some of the things that were initially wrong with my car.

good call haha. and you must be damn good at saving man.
My car was cherry when I got it. 13,000 miles on it 2 years ago. Now it has like 37,000. Car payment, bike payment, insurance, and credit card are all my expenses.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

My car was cherry when I got it. 13,000 miles on it 2 years ago. Now it has like 37,000. Car payment, bike payment, insurance, and credit card are all my expenses.
damn dude i hate you. my car was not cherry but will be soon enough and its just a lowly boat anchor
Old 01-15-2009, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

x3 for living at home and "saving money" shame all my saved money gets used on cars bikes and booze. One day I'll grow up and buy a house. I'm down to just my dodge ram and my trans am now, I consider that "saving" haha
Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

and PNYKLR their pizza is pretty good, i wouldn't be suprised to find some crack in it!!

i friggin bet haha!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

I may have to take the car out tomorrow night if its nice and get some of that pizza. Legend has it Dawk works fridays maybe I'll get to hear that beast run?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

LOL I'll be there 4-9. I doubt it'll be nice tomorrow.. high of like 14 degrees or something ridiculous. I'll probably go through the car wash.. I get disgusted when my car is really dirty.... winter sucks.

I was coming back from the closest Wawa to 202 on R1 north and some homo in a Mini kept revving his car in the parking lot over and over like a douche bag. I pulled out behind him and kept it in low gear.. he didn't bite. So I shift into fifth and cruise off.. next thing I know, this cockbag flies by me. Stupid ricer. The fly by isn't the big deal, it's the fact that he'd rev his car every 2 seconds in the parking lot as he was coming and leaving, and then bitched out.

There used to be a few kids up there from time to time. I know one has an Evo. No one ever wanted to play. Once spring hits I'm gonna start going out to 'spots' or whatever more often. It's lame taking the occasional race or always running across random nice cars that won't run.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

Yes people are no fun, he wasn't worth the gas anyway. Theres a black dumdumdumdumdum with black and silver wheels that was at the body shop next to the pizza place a few months back. Thats my old car its pretty quick but the kid who has it can't drive, I'm dying to catch his *** on 202 one day. Theres another with all black wheels that was pretty quick, he was up and down 202 all the time. Ever see either of them around?