why cant i post new thread in classifieds?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why cant i post new thread in classifieds?

I guess i can post one here but does anybody know why i cant sell anything on classifieds?
I can only look for people that want to buy things and reply but thats it.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

its in the stickies.. I think you have to have so many posts and what not to sell items..
too many people creating ID's selling crap and dissappearing I believe...
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Default where?

post under what forum because ive posted a lot recently
Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

and how many posts
Old 01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Too many people were post whoring just to get count up. You got to post in the technical sections or such to get post.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe 50 post and you have to be a member a minimum of 3 months.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha, I guess its 6 months now. I think its fair for the members. I seen many people create user names and just post random **** for sale. Consider it a earned privelage, not a right.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...-3-4-08-a.html

Site rules or "FAQ" can be found in User Support & Resources and the 50 post/6 month rule.
Failure to follow these rules may result in your threads being locked, deleted, or moved. Depending on the severity of your actions, or frequency of your actions, your user account could be suspended or banned.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

that is gay! some tard fucked it up for the rest of us that wanna sell good quality parts
Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, all you can do for the moment is start buying **** to get your trader rating up. Then you will be ready to sell when June comes around.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doomsday
Haha, I guess its 6 months now.
Yeah, but still I wonder how things like this happen...

And that's not the only one. Kind of confusing, I would say.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Yeah, but still I wonder how things like this happen...

And that's not the only one. Kind of confusing, I would say.
Interesting. How does that happen?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

or if you really wanna sell **** just get one of your buddys that has one to post it for you, other than that i wouldnt be trippin, at least you can buy stuff
Old 01-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

ill try selling through this guy i know
Old 01-20-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by showstoMpinSS
or if you really wanna sell **** just get one of your buddys that has one to post it for you
Sure.

10. NO TWO PARTY OR AT THE SHOP SALES. This means no more "I'm selling for a friend/my Brother/my Cousin" posts and will be deleted immediately.
Happens all the time, though...
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lightbulb I found a loophole.

Just noticed that those rules are for posting in the classifields. Rules dont say anything about posting it "for sale" in you sig.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:29 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by flatblackz
ill try selling through this guy i know
Originally Posted by Doomsday
Just noticed that those rules are for posting in the classifields. Rules dont say anything about posting it "for sale" in you sig.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...-3-4-08-a.html

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Site rules or "FAQ" can be found in User Support & Resources and the 50 post/6 month rule.
Failure to follow these rules may result in your threads being locked, deleted, or moved. Depending on the severity of your actions, or frequency of your actions, your user account could be suspended or banned.

1. CONSOLIDATE / ADDING PARTS / PARTS SOLD all of your for sale items into ONE thread. Do not post a separate ad for each item or they may be merged with the improper title which we do not have time to change.
Chose an appropriate title for your thread if you plan to sell parts and add more later on. In the first post you can list more parts and edit a part "sold" so buyers know exactly what to check back for.

2. PRICE IS REQUIRED. We do not permit ads without an asking price for each item. "Best Offer" is not an allowable substitute for posting a price. You may ask for $1 but a price must be listed regardless.

3. EBAY LINKS AND OTHER LINKS. We allow links to ebay ads, but you MUST have a buy-it-now price posted, or an asking price to stop the auction in your ad here (Not just in the link). If it is from another site or from here, do not use a link but post the full text instead with pictures if you have them listed.

4. CITY / STATE / COUNTRY are required info for each ad. Buyers and sellers reserve the rights to privately ask for full contact information on any purchase or sale.

5. PARTS WANTED / WILLING TO TRADE. We have a separate Parts Wanted forum, please post what you are looking for there. "Willing to Trade" should also be posted there. Vehicles also belong in the vehicles for sale forum. Threads posted here of those kind will be deleted.

6. TTT / BUMPING. Do not "TTT" to-the-top or "Bump" your threads to the top of the forum more than ONCE per day. If you do this more than permitted, we may just delete your thread. Be considerate to others, your ad is not any more special than theirs. This includes "Payment sent", "Received Payment" and general chatter.

7. MEMBER FEEDBACK. Do not post member feedback in the classifieds forums. We have a separate "Member Feedback" forum at the bottom of the sales area of the main forum index.

8. SELLER HARASSMENT. If you are not interested in buying something from someone, do not negatively haggle them about the price, or post things that intend to hurt potential sales. Comments should be kept constructive.

9. DIBS. There is no "dibs" calling on this site. Just because you replied first, that does not guarantee you a sale. The item could be listed on several sites, in different forums, in the newspaper, on ebay, etc... so don't call dibs and act like a crybaby if you do not get the sale. Seller reserves all rights to sell or decline a sale to whomever he wishes.

10. NO TWO PARTY OR AT THE SHOP SALES. This means no more "I'm selling for a friend/my Brother/my Cousin" posts and will be deleted immediately. If the seller has parts coming off a car still at a shop and not off the vehicle, you must state you do not know what condition those part(s) is in. Seller assumes all responsibility of anything they post for sale, not the shop or a friend/relative.

11. FRAUD & RISK. Buy and Sell at your own risk. LS1TECH and its staff are not responsible if someone rips you off or doesn't send parts out in a timely manner. This classifieds section is a free service for the community, and it is YOUR responsibility to handle all transactions in a low-risk method. DO NOT contact us if there is a dispute between you and someone else, we are NOT INVOLVED. You can help minimize fraud risk by doing these suggestions:
              Originally Posted by Nine Ball
              For Sale Forums - Posting Problems

Every registered user on LS1tech is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD the Classifieds section, or post a FOR SALE ad in any section of the site.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.